C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jacking the C7 up with a floor jack

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Wm Rose
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Jacking the C7 up with a floor jack

I do most of the maintenance on my cars. I want to jack the Vette up with a floor jack. I've looked at all the lift location diagrams, but they only show the lift locations if you're using a lift.

Is it possible to put a floor jack under the engine crossmember and lift the whole front of the car.? I know it's a cast aluminum frame. The jack would go in the middle between the 2 front recommended jacking points, on the crossmember.

Also same issue jacking up the rear? I'm not crazy about jacking one corner of the car that high, using the floor jack. I'd worry about cracking the body panels. I'd rather lift the whole front or back of the car.

I have 7" high blocks, I'd like to get under all 4 wheels, but want to do it without damaging the car......or me!!

Last edited by Wm Rose; 09-09-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:19 PM
robertf97
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have jacked up the individual corners and it doesn't damage the car. It's pretty stiff and light, the entire side of the car will lift. Just use a puck and a low profile jack.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,714 Likes on 2,921 Posts

Hockey puck + low-profile jack here, works perfectly. There is a jacking point near each wheel, along with other jacking points towards the center. I can also drive up onto ramps for oil changes.

These links may help:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...key-pucks.html
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nd-photos.html
Old 09-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Wm Rose
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback. I have the pucks ordered, and my floor jack fits under the rockers with a couple inches to spare.

Get notified of new replies

To Jacking the C7 up with a floor jack

Quick Reply: Jacking the C7 up with a floor jack