C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 heads/cam vs. C7 Procharged at the track, video!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 02:10 PM
MrGTC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I know there were some heated arguments in this thread but I appreciate the education, experience, and input that everyone has provided. I'm sure there are a few of us at least lurking in the background learning.

One question for all of you about the Calloway supercharger- is it worth the money because of the warranty and resilience of their product? Has anyone heard of their superchargers failing? Given the recent price reduction, it's a viable option for some not wanting to wait for the Z06 but get warranty-backed performance. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:25 PM
thespymaster
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksTuning
One of the most popular questions we get in the performance shop business is, "Should I go heads/cam, or should I go boost?". And it's always a great debate! With boost it's easy to make a bigger number on the dyno, but will it perform better? I always tell people you need about 100 HP more on boost than an all motor car. And this video basically proves that to be right! It's a dead even race, but my 542 rwhp heads/cam in the left lane vs. Jeff Tomi's (Tech369) 600 rwhp in the right lane sure shows you what a great comparison it can be. Never under-estimate all motor power! We're in the ordering parts stages of building a 460 ci shortblock for my car. Will be a couple months before it's done, but it should be pretty fun/interesting! Although let me say this, even though this is a great comparison of heads/cam vs. supercharged... there's no comparison to having BOTH lol just throwing that out there :P lol Until next time, enjoy the video. Chuck @ Chucks Tuning chuckstuning@gmail.com 832-202-4115 (main) 832-776-0099 (direct) Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7zl76Q17I
What is typically coat for this package?

Quick Reply: C7 heads/cam vs. C7 Procharged at the track, video!