C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low dust brake pads for Z51

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:11 AM
LPFSTheFett
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low dust brake pads for Z51

I really didn't want the Z51 package on my car, but was the only yellow vert with an auto they had. Anyway, the brake dust is driving me crazy. Want to spend more time driving and less cleaning.

So I'm looking for some pads with a compound similar to non Z51 cars or another alternative.

I had the hawk dust free pads on my 07 Z06 and they were absolutely terrible. Would barely bring the car to a stop after a 1/4mile pass at the track. So not those, unless something has changed in 6 years.

Thanks!
Jason
Old 09-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I can do the Carbotech 1521s if you're interested Jason
Old 09-15-2014, 01:52 PM
C7VetteDaddy
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LPFSTheFett
I really didn't want the Z51 package on my car, but was the only yellow vert with an auto they had. Anyway, the brake dust is driving me crazy. Want to spend more time driving and less cleaning.

So I'm looking for some pads with a compound similar to non Z51 cars or another alternative.

I had the hawk dust free pads on my 07 Z06 and they were absolutely terrible. Would barely bring the car to a stop after a 1/4mile pass at the track. So not those, unless something has changed in 6 years.

Thanks!
Jason
I have the Carbotech 1521's on my Z51. Great stopping power, quiet and clean too. Use a good brake lube when you install these linings and make sure to clean your discs with a red scotch bright pad good. Then bed in as per the manufacturers reccomendations.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

I will be more than happy to get you a set of 1521 Carbotech pads. Give me a call or order direct from our site. You need Part # CT1001 for the front and CT1718 for the rear in 1521 compound. Use promo code z28 when checking out for savings.

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 09-15-2014, 03:27 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Get the Carbotech pads! I had a set sitting on my workbench waiting for the car to ship! They are great!

Ok, BUT!!!!! You are talking track? Then you want the OEM pads to stop. Normal cruising on the streets and the Carbotechs are what you want. Hell, it takes longer to jack up the car and pull the wheel then it does to actually swap the pads.

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 09-17-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
I will be more than happy to get you a set of 1521 Carbotech pads. Give me a call or order direct from our site. You need Part # CT1001 for the front and CT1718 for the rear in 1521 compound. Use promo code z28 when checking out for savings.

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
Open Saturday. You have questions call us. You want to place an order call us 216-780-8825
Old 09-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Thanks for all the orders
Old 09-27-2014, 09:39 PM
NeedAVetteForVIR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Carbotech's. Virtually no dust. Car stops fine for street use. I switch to Cobalt XR1 for track days
Old 10-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by NeedAVetteForVIR
I have the Carbotech's. Virtually no dust. Car stops fine for street use. I switch to Cobalt XR1 for track days
If you would like to try some Carbotechs for the track let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To Low dust brake pads for Z51

Quick Reply: Low dust brake pads for Z51