C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger install

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Procharger install

Well, got my parts and started my weekend project Friday night - was done by Saturday at 2 pm - went for a ride and wow!!! canned tune, but it sure hauls a$$

Pics included, and I'll be at the track Wednesday to see how she does
Attached Images     
Old 09-28-2014, 09:30 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Originally Posted by ncrowe
Well, got my parts and started my weekend project Friday night - was done by Saturday at 2 pm - went for a ride and wow!!! canned tune, but it sure hauls a$$

Pics included, and I'll be at the track Wednesday to see how she does
I ordered 19x10 reproduction z51 wheels and nitto nt05r 305/35r19 for the track, hopefully I have them here by Wednesday. If not, I'll see how I do on street tires and then go back next week as well to see how I do with the nittos m
Old 09-28-2014, 10:05 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

How did the install go? How long do you think it took you?

I'll prob be installing my kit in the next month or so after I get a few thousand more miles on her.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:16 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
How did the install go? How long do you think it took you?

I'll prob be installing my kit in the next month or so after I get a few thousand more miles on her.
I started the install at 6 pm on Friday - that started with jacking the car up. I spend about 6 hours on Friday - got back at it by 10am Saturday and was all done by 2 pm. I'm super **** - so I took my time making sure everything was done right and routed properly etc.

The car comes apart really easy - the kit goes together easy - the hoses took the longest for me, they were just stubborn when getting them lined up properly (I spent 30 minutes on the intake 90 degree elbow going into the supercharger housing)

Everything buttoned up nice - I was surprised to see how the hoses were routed - lots of contact between the hoses and parts of the car, but being that they are heavy duty silicone hoses I'm not worried about it (there is no movement/moving parts where the touch parts of the car)

Hope this helps
Old 09-28-2014, 10:23 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I started the install at 6 pm on Friday - that started with jacking the car up. I spend about 6 hours on Friday - got back at it by 10am Saturday and was all done by 2 pm. I'm super **** - so I took my time making sure everything was done right and routed properly etc.

The car comes apart really easy - the kit goes together easy - the hoses took the longest for me, they were just stubborn when getting them lined up properly (I spent 30 minutes on the intake 90 degree elbow going into the supercharger housing)

Everything buttoned up nice - I was surprised to see how the hoses were routed - lots of contact between the hoses and parts of the car, but being that they are heavy duty silicone hoses I'm not worried about it (there is no movement/moving parts where the touch parts of the car)

Hope this helps
It does, thanks! So about 8 Hours, not too bad! Were the hosed not sliding on? Any tips or hints?
Old 09-28-2014, 10:56 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
It does, thanks! So about 8 Hours, not too bad! Were the hosed not sliding on? Any tips or hints?
Took me 10 hours total - tips for the hoses.... patience

Tips for the rest of the install - install head unit onto bracket before bolting bracket to block (its a PIA to install after as directed) - move the intercooler brackets as far forward under the cradle as possible to keep it from getting too close to the a/c rad (for vertical mount intercooler) - don't cut any pcv hoses until they are all in and then install air inlet tube to figure out where to cut and splice in t fitting.

That's all I got, everything else was very well done in the install manual.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:03 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Took me 10 hours total - tips for the hoses.... patience

Tips for the rest of the install - install head unit onto bracket before bolting bracket to block (its a PIA to install after as directed) - move the intercooler brackets as far forward under the cradle as possible to keep it from getting too close to the a/c rad (for vertical mount intercooler) - don't cut any pcv hoses until they are all in and then install air inlet tube to figure out where to cut and splice in t fitting.

That's all I got, everything else was very well done in the install manual.
Now these are the types of posts we love hearing about.

We spend a great deal of time on the manuals, and tuning so that a customer can do exactly what you did, buy the kit and install it in his or her garage over the weekend!

Awesome!
Old 10-02-2014, 12:51 AM
ncrowe
Racer

Went 12.1 at 125 mph with 2.4 60 foot - time to mount the nitto nt05rs I have.....
Old 10-02-2014, 08:36 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice to see a great review on a quality product! Looking forward to seeing the difference the NT05R makes
Old 10-02-2014, 10:50 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Some questions -

Will my MPH go up with a better 60 foot?

My assumption is with a 1.8 60 foot - I should get into low 11's - would I be able to trap another 3 mph?

I was expecting to trap at about 128 mph
Old 10-03-2014, 08:20 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Some questions -

My assumption is with a 1.8 60 foot - I should get into low 11's - would I be able to trap another 3 mph?

Ask this in C5 Performance. Lot's of drag racers hang there.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:08 AM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

Some questions -

Probably not by much. Trap speed in the 1/4 mile is generally an indication of how much power your car is making. You can get really lousy launches and compare them to really good launches. Trap will be very similar. To get a higher trap either lose some weight or get more HP! A better tune with some E85 or race gas would give you much more power.

That is a pretty bad 60ft. You should see your ET go down with a much better launch. Good luck! I see 11s in your future!

Last edited by KemahGT; 10-03-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:00 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

With some sticky tires and a bit of practice, your trap is good enough to get into the 10's.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would love to do this but maybe after my 3 year 36K bumper to bumper warranty is up. $5500 is not bad to add 150 rwhp especially when the labor can be done by yourself. Problem is finding someone who can tune properly I bet.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:36 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Pocket Aces
I would love to do this but maybe after my 3 year 36K bumper to bumper warranty is up. $5500 is not bad to add 150 rwhp especially when the labor can be done by yourself. Problem is finding someone who can tune properly I bet.
Comes with a Tune.

Same tune that traps 127+ mph here in KS on 91 octane. And we used for road race testing for hours on end. Safe, and yet powerful.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:23 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
Comes with a Tune.

Same tune that traps 127+ mph here in KS on 91 octane. And we used for road race testing for hours on end. Safe, and yet powerful.
Do you have a link to those tests or videos or info?
Old 10-07-2014, 08:08 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Comes with a Tune.

Do you guys have a CARB EO for the kit?

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger install

Old 10-11-2014, 03:52 PM
dodgersphc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you running stock spark plugs or the recommended NGK 6510s?
Old 10-14-2014, 03:56 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Do you have a link to those tests or videos or info?
Sadly not that isn't in a datalog format that isn't web friendly. However, it's pretty basic. The stock tune that comes with the system, when used with good gas, and good outside temp calls for up to 16 degrees of timing. (Obviously as fuel quality falls off, and temp increases, it reduces from there) Hence why you see power numbers ranging from 540-600rwhp on stock cars, with no METH systems.

With these cars being so sensitive to fuel/boost thats why its so common to see Meth injection systems being added by many installing shops. Then your restriction to just 7psi of boost goes away, and you can get away with more timing.

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
Do you guys have a CARB EO for the kit?
Not yet.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:41 PM
turbo8765
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

The stock tune that comes with the system, when used with good gas, and good outside temp calls for up to 16 degrees of timing.
Max IAT at which you get full timing?

Quick Reply: Procharger install