C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Loaded Intune 93 octane tune....WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 05:04 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

when I traded in my 2006 Monte Carlo SS to get my 2014 Camaro SS, I left my tune in the monte carlo ss.. haha..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-23-2014, 02:41 PM
jyounger74
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
when I traded in my 2006 Monte Carlo SS to get my 2014 Camaro SS, I left my tune in the monte carlo ss.. haha..
Shame on you haha
Old 10-29-2014, 02:14 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

OK so if I bought the Intune programmer... what are the steps from A-Z to get this done and done? Is the $389 the only price or is there an additional amount for the "fine-tuning" that the OP did via Email with LEW?
Old 10-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

$389 gets you the device with the preloaded tunes, much like the one the OP loaded that made him say 'WOW'.

Lew's tuning services are an additional cost, he can work with you on a package deal if you get the tuner from him I believe.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2014, 05:19 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Yes.. I offer a package deal that includes the programmer, plus my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$...

http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

Thank you!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:24 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

OK.. we are talking $389 for one and $495 for the other. Altho not a bunch of money it is still enuff to **** U off if the process doesn't change much. So I ask both of U respectfully; what are the changes that one would on average expect to get from either route. If U already explained it in another thread please feel free to direct me to it via a link
Old 10-31-2014, 12:17 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

Still no answer from either of U. One of U... give me some info pertaining to the difference between yours and the other and then proceed to TAKE MY $400-500.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:39 PM
jyounger74
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cmicasa
OK so if I bought the Intune programmer... what are the steps from A-Z to get this done and done? Is the $389 the only price or is there an additional amount for the "fine-tuning" that the OP did via Email with LEW?
http://www.diablosport.com/manualFil...tart_Guide.pdf
http://www.diablosport.com/manualFil...ser_Manual.pdf

These PDF will explain how to get started.
After you load your prefered tune you would drive the car for around 150 miles. Then you would data log send off your log to Lew and he would tweak all parameters to get the most out of your car.

http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

Last edited by jyounger74; 10-31-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:58 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Lews deal gets you a custom tune as part of the deal, the intune alone for $389 includes the 91 and 93 octane tunes for your car.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2014, 02:04 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

the preset tunes that come on the tool will give you some increased hp and tq, some better throttle response, etc...

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, better tranny performance/shifting (for automatics), etc...

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 2 mpg increase... tough to say due to all of the variables in play - which is why there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains.

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-35lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, driving style/habits, etc all played a role in who gained what...
Old 10-31-2014, 02:29 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

My question regarding detectability is; "Can GM tell how many times the ECM has been flashed?" If you install the canned tune files, that is one flash. Changes for custom tune files would add a flash each time they are installed. Lastly, changing back to stock will add another flash point.

Why I ask is that back in 2012, I had engine issues with my Ecoboost Ford Flex. Ford denied my repair even though the vehicle was completely stock when taken to the dealer. Ford claimed I had flashed the ECM dozens of times, which I had, and that the most recent flash was 12 miles earlier, which it was..

I live with the concept; "If you play, you gotta pay", but don't want a factory defect cause me to pay, if I didn't cause it by over-stressing the engine/drivetrain.

My son had a DOD failure in his Pontiac G8 GT, one week before it went out of warranty. He switched back to his original - non tuned ECM and all was well. Vehicle had less than 30,000 mi on it at that time ( almost 60 months since purchase).

So.. is Diablo tuner completely un-detectable, including flash marks?
Old 10-31-2014, 02:34 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

No, our flash process does not show up on their CVN check, so there is nothing for them to see.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2014, 03:06 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

Thanx fellas... making a decision
Old 10-31-2014, 08:41 PM
cobra502
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
the preset tunes that come on the tool will give you some increased hp and tq, some better throttle response, etc...

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, better tranny performance/shifting (for automatics), etc...

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 2 mpg increase... tough to say due to all of the variables in play - which is why there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains.

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-35lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, driving style/habits, etc all played a role in who gained what...

I agree fully. I have experienced it myself. Lew knows what he's doing.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jyounger74
faninc i have been arguing this exact issue for years now. I also have owned various cars i tuned with diablo products and NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES AT MY DEALERS. As a matter of fact i traded all my diablo tuned cars back to the dealers with the original factory tune restored where they were bought. I NEVER got a call from them stating we went over the car before certifing it and found you tampered with the tune. It is just the HATERS who do not understand these diablo products who keep questioning the company and anyone who endourses them. NOW CAN I GET A HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!
Its not a hater talking here, but a word of caution that after the catastrophe of major drive train failure, in a new design, is not the time to have this conversation. A trap none of us want to be caught in. You really think you can fool GM. Will all those making claims still be your advocates and help save you an expensive mistake. Disclaimers are there for their protection, and yours if you read them.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Typical Disclaimer

Old 11-23-2014, 09:29 AM
cmicasa
Drifting

HEy I was getting ready to purchase the Intune from U and noticed that the device can be used for my Yukon as well. Would I have to buy two devices or just the one?

Get notified of new replies

To Just Loaded Intune 93 octane tune....WOW!

Old 11-23-2014, 09:33 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by cmicasa
HEy I was getting ready to purchase the Intune from U and noticed that the device can be used for my Yukon as well. Would I have to buy two devices or just the one?
Like I just replied to your PM you sent me..

you can only tune 1 vehicle at a time.. once you install a tune to a vehicle, it becomes locked/married to that vehicle...

so if you wanted to tune both vehicles, you would have to buy 2 programmers, one for each vehicle..
Old 11-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,713 Likes on 2,920 Posts

Would be cool if you could buy multiple licenses for a single device.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:31 AM
killascrimp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow I love this tune, I got the tune from MIKE one day before it was released to the public, pretty cool for Mike to do that, There is a incredible Difference....Remember that if you disable DOD, you will more than likely lose maybe 2 to 3 MPG but IMO THE vette shouldn't have DOD unless you are in eco mode, (A6) Then Mike added the CAI TUNE IMO I gained much more respect for him, There are a lot of (mostly the 60 yr's and older) that bash this product.... IT is really worth the money, I already had one from my 392, Mike was the one who cracked the locked rolling code....He has a passion for this and you can tell, CMR tuning is great.....AND getting a custom tune is def a plus, waiting on maybe one more power adder before I get a custom tune bt for now very happy...

Quick Reply: Just Loaded Intune 93 octane tune....WOW!