C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STS Remote Turbo Systems Released for the C7!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:15 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default STS Remote Turbo Systems Released for the C7!

You've seen the Prochargers, the Edelbrock, and the Hennessey supercharger kits hit the market running. STS is here to bring something a little different to the table.

[B]If you're not familiar with STS and their remote system here are a few key elements:

*Easy installation, bolt on a kit in hours
*No need for major modifications to your vehicle
*No Need for an expensive custom exhaust
*Lower Underhood temps
*Converts back to Stock in about an hour

The C7 Corvette radiator shroud & hood vent were designed with dual duties in mind, to provide cool air to the radiator and to reduce front end lift at high speed. Either one of these jobs are very important by themselves but to ask one component to do both takes an immense amount of design and engineering.

That is one component that you DO NOT want to modify!

STS Turbo twin-intercooled design there is NO interference or modification of the airflow through the radiator shroud while still providing the low intake & under-hood temperature that STS is known for! Unlike most C7 intercooler designs the installation of the STS twin-intercooled design is VERY simple and requires MINIMAL modification to the car. This is an innovative design from STS Turbo exclusively for the C7 Corvette!

The STS C7 Twin Turbo System has also been designed to use oil-less turbos! These custom built turbos are built in the USA and designed specifically for remote mounting and utilize a 500HP (1000HP total) capable billet compressor wheel and patented triple ball bearing design. With this proven triple ball bearing oil-less design there is no need to tap into the factory oiling system for turbo lubrication and cooling. This design allows us to NOT introduce any more wear or contamination to the engine oil allowing it to focus solely on keeping the engine lubricated. This is just ONE reason to choose the non-intrusive nature of the STS Turbo System.

The following users liked this post:
Evan Sanza (01-13-2022)
Old 10-09-2014, 09:28 PM
tkbigsky
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you please PM me with more information; availability, pricing, other mods / tuning needed as well as expected RWHP. Looking at supercharging my 14 C7 Z51 but, this might also be an option. Also where you are located and if there is an early adopter discount. Thanks, TK
Old 10-09-2014, 09:31 PM
NeedAVetteForVIR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any numbers yet?...
Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

x2 for numbers, I love the idea and simplicity of rear mount turbos, only one thing bothers me, Clean air! Do you have any photos of air filter placement? Also, you mention oil-less are they coolant-less as well?

-Carl
Old 10-09-2014, 10:21 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Love STS kits for their sound but I hate their price tag on their kits!

Had a STS kit on my C6 for 7 years and enjoyed it very much so.

I tried to give STS a chance to get on my C7 but they took too long. Plus I like being able to switch my NPP when State Troopers are around. Here in VA they love to give modified exhaust tickets.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:35 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by carlrx7
x2 for numbers, I love the idea and simplicity of rear mount turbos, only one thing bothers me, Clean air! Do you have any photos of air filter placement? Also, you mention oil-less are they coolant-less as well?

-Carl
Thanks for your inquiry Carl,
The filters mount right above the turbos, I'm working on getting some pictures from STS on the exact configuration. Loose power numbers within conversation is 650whp at the moment with their current tuning partner. The weak link seems to be the factory fuel pump and they are hoping for a solution in the future to drag out more power, but this is the comfortable limit they have currently for a reliable daily driver car.

These are oil-less but will need to be water cooled, if you have had experience in the past with remote turbo kits you will be grateful for this improvement, no worries of oil foaming, additional oil pumps, or smoke issues if not installed dead on correct.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:54 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tkbigsky
Can you please PM me with more information; availability, pricing, other mods / tuning needed as well as expected RWHP. Looking at supercharging my 14 C7 Z51 but, this might also be an option. Also where you are located and if there is an early adopter discount. Thanks, TK
Just so everything is out in the open I will list your answers on the thread to avoid duplicate PMs.
The kits can be ready within 2-3 weeks to ship

Pricing is $12,570 MSRP, this is higher than the previous C6 kits for two primary reasons; the new oil-less comp turbos and the twin intercooler design. This is priced for a complete kit with methanol, heatshields and boost controller, less these items saves $850. The kit does come with a tuning solution
Old 10-10-2014, 03:24 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Here is an image of the air filter configuration for the C7

Old 10-10-2014, 05:11 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vividracing
just so everything is out in the open i will list your answers on the thread to avoid duplicate pms.
the kits can be ready within 2-3 weeks to ship

pricing is $12,570 msrp, this is higher than the previous c6 kits for two primary reasons; the new oil-less comp turbos and the twin intercooler design. This is priced for a complete kit with methanol, heatshields and boost controller, less these items saves $850. The kit does come with a tuning solution
ouch!
Old 10-10-2014, 07:41 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
ouch!
not including install.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:12 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Install is pretty straightforward, keep in mind you are not tapping into the oil pan, removing an intake manifold, or swapping exhaust manifolds.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:33 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Install is pretty straightforward, keep in mind you are not tapping into the oil pan, removing an intake manifold, or swapping exhaust manifolds.
With Meth, 10-12 hour install?
Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

I would bank on this being a lot closer to 6-8 hours. If we get a car in I will be sure to post an update and pics
Old 10-13-2014, 01:56 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Saw the car on display at SEMA last year. Im suprised it took this long to get it completed and to production. Hopefully it can generate a HP/TQ curve that can justify the cost as it comes in at more than twice the price of a ECS or A&A blower kit and we all know what they are capable of at this point.

Looking forward to results.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:31 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I would bank on this being a lot closer to 6-8 hours. If we get a car in I will be sure to post an update and pics
Including the Meth install? I was told by at least 5 different people that the Meth install is at least 6 hours?

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Saw the car on display at SEMA last year. Im suprised it took this long to get it completed and to production. Hopefully it can generate a HP/TQ curve that can justify the cost as it comes in at more than twice the price of a ECS or A&A blower kit and we all know what they are capable of at this point.

Looking forward to results.
When I spoke to STS last December, they told me this wasn't on their priority list. They have other cars to do that make them more money!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:39 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

After talking with STS, the delays came down to their tuning solution. They went back and forth with a few options until they found an option they were satisfied.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:50 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Thank you for all of the PMs and interest guys! Looking forward to getting this system on some cars soon

Get notified of new replies

To STS Remote Turbo Systems Released for the C7!

Old 10-15-2014, 03:37 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

STS is local to me. Who do they use to tune the C7?
Old 10-15-2014, 05:17 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

For the C7 this is using a custom HP tune I believe
Old 10-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Gadfly
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Just so everything is out in the open I will list your answers on the thread to avoid duplicate PMs.
The kits can be ready within 2-3 weeks to ship

Pricing is $12,570 MSRP, this is higher than the previous C6 kits for two primary reasons; the new oil-less comp turbos and the twin intercooler design. This is priced for a complete kit with methanol, heatshields and boost controller, less these items saves $850. The kit does come with a tuning solution
Mother of god... STS at it again.

Look, I have done TT setups in the past, but this is just CRAZY pricing for a kit that does not even require manifolds

Sorry, in all reality it should be close to half that.

Quick Reply: STS Remote Turbo Systems Released for the C7!