C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another ProCharger Install

Old 10-20-2014, 09:50 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
I think it would be awesome for you both to put up videos so we can all hear the difference!
Mine has been in the basement since May

I might have it sold, if it doesn't sell in the next week or two it's going on my car! Waiting on the car to hit 5k miles, sitting at 3500 miles in the month I've had her! Shouldn't be long!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:09 AM
dodgersphc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz

I'd like to hear a video of it. I got Helical gears because I didn't want to sound like a mustang.
There is a video of it on the first page towards the bottom.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:51 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgersphc
So I finished it up last night! Pretty uneventful, a couple of tips are listed below:

Install the silicone 90 degree tube on the throttle body before the supercharger, it doesn't need to be in a precise position yet, it's just easier to get it on when you have a straight on shot.

Install the MAF onto the pipe before you install it into the car, if you install everything first and that tube is just a little out of alignment you wont be able to slide the MAF in.

I labeled ziploc bags with the page number and step number and then put the appropriate screws/bolts into them, seems simple, it just worked really well!

Start-Up Video

Can't wait for more videos! And results.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:01 PM
mkr1966
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Straight cut! I like the noise.
I'm glad I went with the helical cut option after listening to that. To each their own however. That's why they make make two.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 PM
dodgersphc
Advanced

Originally Posted by mkr1966
That's why they make make two.
My thoughts exactly!

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
Can't wait for more videos! And results.
It's going to Pacific Raceways on Saturday, I should have some good video from that! Thanks for the interest in seeing how your product is doing!

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 02-11-2016 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (middle icon) in the right hand corner of each post.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:34 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mkr1966
I'm glad I went with the helical cut option after listening to that. To each their own however. That's why they make make two.
You would be surprised how "divided" the masses are on the sound of a supercharger. Its literally so cut down the middle, we had to keep both versions around to make sure everyone would be happy. It means stocking more parts for us, and part numbers. But worth it in the end.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:55 AM
dodgersphc
Advanced

You would be surprised how "divided" the masses are on the sound of a supercharger. Its literally so cut down the middle, we had to keep both versions around to make sure everyone would be happy. It means stocking more parts for us, and part numbers. But worth it in the end.
Its what makes modifying so great!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:53 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Options.... we love them.

(2) intercooler options, for how people want to use their C7 and get the best IAT's....

(2) gear box options, for how people want them to sound.

(3) different finishes, for those that want special looks.

(2) inlet options, for how people want it to look.

(15) different blowers fit in that bracket, for a customers power needs

So thats like 360 possible combinations for the C7 kit.
(Not even counting if someone wants black brackets, but a polished blower, or visa versa) LOL.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:21 PM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

let see what it runs
Old 10-28-2014, 03:07 PM
dodgersphc
Advanced

Track day was rained out! I'll get it next time.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:36 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Track day was rained out! I'll get it next time.
Feel your pain.... it seems every time we rent the track in advance it rains. (Thanks KS weather) However, can't complain this year has felt like we lived in Cali. 70's pretty much all the time.

Well, keep us in the loop, and best of luck at the track!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:17 PM
dodgersphc
Advanced

Feel your pain.... it seems every time we rent the track in advance it rains. (Thanks KS weather) However, can't complain this year has felt like we lived in Cali. 70's pretty much all the time.

Well, keep us in the loop, and best of luck at the track!
Thanks! I've got an LMR breather on the way. Really got into it for the first time about 3 days ago, the wife was white knuckling the "Oh S*** " handles and laughing uncontrollably, that was money well spent.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks! I've got an LMR breather on the way. Really got into it for the first time about 3 days ago, the wife was white knuckling the "Oh S*** " handles and laughing uncontrollably, that was money well spent.
Did you find that the PCV venting/route/system supplied with the ProCharger system is not efficient and sufficient?
Old 11-06-2014, 11:49 AM
dodgersphc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Translator
Did you find that the PCV venting/route/system supplied with the ProCharger system is not efficient and sufficient?
It seemed to me there was just rerouting of the lines to get the vacuum pressure from the hole in the new intake, not a new system that improves the ability to decrease the pressure under the valve covers. There was also an additional vacuum line ran to the surge system. I am sure the procharger guys tested the crap out of the PCV system, I'm just trying to learn form the mistakes of others. Thanks for the reply to the thread.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:01 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

It seemed to me there was just rerouting of the lines to get the vacuum pressure from the hole in the new intake, not a new system that improves the ability to decrease the pressure under the valve covers. There was also an additional vacuum line ran to the surge system. I am sure the procharger guys tested the crap out of the PCV system, I'm just trying to learn form the mistakes of others. Thanks for the reply to the thread.
We ran our stock PCV system in all of our road course testing, and well every mile that has been placed on the car. We did however purchase a LMR catch can, just to evaluate it, and to be able to speak clearly about them if a customer asks about them.

To date with our stock PCV system we have no had a single report of any seal issues, or ill effects with customers running our supercharger system.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:08 PM
dodgersphc
Advanced

We ran our stock PCV system in all of our road course testing, and well every mile that has been placed on the car. We did however purchase a LMR catch can, just to evaluate it, and to be able to speak clearly about them if a customer asks about them.

To date with our stock PCV system we have no had a single report of any seal issues, or ill effects with customers running our supercharger system.
This is what I assumed, and you guys put out an awesome product. I just wanted a little extra piece of mind for myself.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:19 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,395 Likes on 999 Posts

Sorry to revive an old thread but do you still stand behind this statement? I am on the edge of either buying or not buying a FSP Breather/Catch Can system with the Procharger kit I am about to order. Have you heard of any comments about oil smell in the cabin?

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 02-09-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Another ProCharger Install

Old 02-09-2016, 11:58 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
Sorry to revive an old thread but do you still stand behind this statement? I am on the edge of either buying or not buying a FSP Breather/Catch Can system with the Procharger kit I am about to order. Have you heard of any comments about oil smell in the cabin?
In the last 2.5 years of sales, I can think of 1 person that said something about cabin smell. However maybe one of the check valves was installed backwards since after he called into tech, never heard back from him.

Still plenty of people daily driving these cars with our standard PCV system in place, with no issues so far reported.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:50 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

The passenger side was very difficult to reach and took about 3 hours, I dropped a plug and it fell into a hole in the frame, so that took about an hour to fish out. The driver's side only took about 30 minutes, and about 15 minutes to get the required covers off.
next time take the fuse box out...takes 10 min and gives u ton of room and no chance of damaging a plug..pass side is actually easier than drivers with fuse box out

Last edited by blown81bu; 02-11-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:56 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by blown81bu
next time take the fuse box out...takes 10 min and gives u ton of room and no chance of damaging a plug..pass side is actually easier than drivers with fuse box out
The following users liked this post:
blown81bu (02-15-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another ProCharger Install