C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Blower Limp Mode ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:21 AM
LTIBLOWN
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Blower Limp Mode ???

Ok, so i got a 2014 Lt1 Z51 Car with a blower installed. Car made 577whp 550 trq on 93 octane.

Now here is the problem.

every so often it goes into this Limp mode for no reason. That means the car either shuts the throttle body half way during a run or is Wide open on part throttle.. I am not imagining this .

I have verified it with vbox. On one pass it will go 11.0@128 and on the next pass it will go 12.2@118. Its not heat soaked related... I am truly confused .Tuner said a bunch of LT1 blower cars are doing the same thing...

naming tuner will not happen.. i need ideas..
anyone have any ideas?

very frustrated.. if i get into a race i will haven clue if it will happen on that run... it kinda sucks.. it does it randomly...

anyone ever experience "limp mode " like that?

is it MAF ? what do you think it could be?
Old 10-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

it's not limp mode, it's poor tuning. you don't need to name the tuner, but if they have "a bunch of lt1 cars doing it when other tuners do not......it's not the car.

the E92 is unlike previous ecms and its not the same old fix the maf curve and let it go anymore.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:41 AM
LTIBLOWN
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
it's not limp mode, it's poor tuning. you don't need to name the tuner, but if they have "a bunch of lt1 cars doing it when other tuners do not......it's not the car.

the E92 is unlike previous ecms and its not the same old fix the maf curve and let it go anymore.

The tuner is working on a solution... I just thought i would help speed it up.. maybe someone on here has run into that problem and found a solution...

It can take 1 week to months to solve.. i really want to know my car will be running hard when its time to race..
Old 10-22-2014, 12:44 AM
LTIBLOWN
8th Gear

do you have a blower on your car ? are you a tuner? i don't mind paying someone if they have the answer..
Old 10-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

pm sent
Old 10-22-2014, 11:35 AM
LTIBLOWN
8th Gear

pm sent
replied.