C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z51 Brake Cooling Rings?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 08:23 PM
roysvette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Z51 Brake Cooling Rings?

My new Z51 had a plastic bag in the trunk with two flimsy looking aluminum rings. Paper with them says they are "Z51 Front Brake Cooilng Rings". Does anybody install them? do they actually do anything?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:21 PM
georgehitch18
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roysvette
My new Z51 had a plastic bag in the trunk with two flimsy looking aluminum rings. Paper with them says they are "Z51 Front Brake Cooilng Rings". Does anybody install them? do they actually do anything?
They are heat sinks for your front rotors. The kit should of come with safety wire as well. they are typically only used for track days when you are really heating up the rotors. you have to remove the wheels to install them. if you look at your rotor you'll notice that you can loop the safety wire around the spokes and through the small holes on the cooling rings use safety wire pliers to fasten them on.

IF you don't plan on tracking the car don't worry about them.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:39 AM
roysvette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by georgehitch18
They are heat sinks for your front rotors. The kit should of come with safety wire as well. they are typically only used for track days when you are really heating up the rotors. you have to remove the wheels to install them. if you look at your rotor you'll notice that you can loop the safety wire around the spokes and through the small holes on the cooling rings use safety wire pliers to fasten them on.

IF you don't plan on tracking the car don't worry about them.
Great thanx for the info. It's a convertible and I don't plan on tracking it.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Jacked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried these ?

Seen these at a circle track.

I'm not affiliated in any way with the people who sell or make these.

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 Brake Cooling Rings?

Quick Reply: Z51 Brake Cooling Rings?