C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install ARH 1-7/8 Header with X pipe???

Old 10-23-2014, 04:09 PM
georgehitch18
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone install ARH 1-7/8 Header with X pipe???

Hey guys I'm considering the group purchase on ARH headers with Xpipe. have any of you personally installed these?

If you could tell me how difficult it is and what kind of skills you have so I can get an idea of the install time? Ive put headers on cars but never anything packaged so tightly.
Any input is appreciated.

also Im looking at running no cats. I already have a DS I-1000 programmer do I need anything else to cleaer the CEL codes?
Old 10-23-2014, 06:31 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Lots of guys run the AR headers, nothing but good things I've heard.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:33 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I did and LOVE THEM!

I installed mine on a lift and it was a 4-5 hour job IIRC.

Fuse box and Spark plugs need to be removed and that's 30-60 minutes alone.

I think I did mine wrong but I could get the stock manifolds out without removing the studs that are screwed into the stock manifolds, that too me 30 minutes.

On a Z51, oil needs to be drained.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:51 AM
Elite '14
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I have them and they provide an awesome tone! However, if you are not planning on going the FI route, you probably won't see any benefit at all from the 1 7/8 variety. I had a couple buddies come over and we installed them in my garage without a lift. Took a couple hours and had no problems. Very easy install. Non z51.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:15 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite '14
I have them and they provide an awesome tone! However, if you are not planning on going the FI route, you probably won't see any benefit at all from the 1 7/8 variety. I had a couple buddies come over and we installed them in my garage without a lift. Took a couple hours and had no problems. Very easy install. Non z51.
I've been told quite the opposite from at least half a dozen people including engine builders and tuners.

More air in, more air out.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 AM
JTMmotorsports
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The first mod we did to our 2015 Z51 A8 was ARH 1 7/8" Long tubes with cats, after playing with the tune we picked up over 20 RWH, With the ECS Supercharger on 11#'s and meth we are at 700 RWH.. So if you plan for more mods in the future I would do the 1 7/8's now...
Old 10-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Elite '14
Instructor

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
I've been told quite the opposite from at least half a dozen people including engine builders and tuners.

More air in, more air out.
I heard the same thing but can only speak from the experience I had. Which was less than 1% gain after they were installed. We dynoed on the same dyno at the same shop, within 3 days of eachother.

Please don't take what I am saying wrong, I love them and would recommend them. I am definitely seeing their benefit now that the car is supercharged. But as I said earlier, they were the first mod I did and by themselves I didn't see any gains at all. Just my experience.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:24 AM
AR Headers
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 127 Likes on 55 Posts

George, I highly recommend our 1-3/4" long tube system for applications with even moderate engine upgrades. They even work great on supercharged applications where boost won't exceed 8-9lbs. Early on both Howard at Redline Motorsports and Ron and his team at Vengeance saw a clear and considerable difference in power over stock with our 1-3/4" long tube system, as well as performing a bit better than our very own 1-7/8" headers in an apples to apples test on a stock C7. Hope that helps.
I'd be more than glad to speak to you directly to go over what plans you have. I'll make sure the correct system is selected. Thanks.

Nick
A.R. Headers
631-608-1986
Old 10-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Elite '14
Instructor

Originally Posted by AR Headers
George, I highly recommend our 1-3/4" long tube system for applications with even moderate engine upgrades. They even work great on supercharged applications where boost won't exceed 8-9lbs. Early on both Howard at Redline Motorsports and Ron and his team at Vengeance saw a clear and considerable difference in power over stock with our 1-3/4" long tube system, as well as performing a bit better than our very own 1-7/8" headers in an apples to apples test on a stock C7. Hope that helps.
I'd be more than glad to speak to you directly to go over what plans you have. I'll make sure the correct system is selected. Thanks.

Nick
A.R. Headers
631-608-1986
Thank you Nick. I think you provided the clarity that I was failing to achieve when I mentioned using the 1 7/8 variety in my original post. 1 3/4 will yield better gains on an NA car than the 1 7/8 will. Either way, I couldn't be happier with my setup and that includes your 1 7/8 headers, x pipe and no cats.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone install ARH 1-7/8 Header with X pipe???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone install ARH 1-7/8 Header with X pipe???