C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cylinder Deactivation-who's turned theirs off?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:37 PM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Cylinder Deactivation-who's turned theirs off?

Would like to hear from anyone with an A6 that's had their AFM turned off. Love the car except when it automatically turns into a Prius

Has anyone used this?
http://www.rangetechnology.com/

Last edited by C7GrandSport; 10-23-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:41 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

I'm not sure how to turn it off (or if possible in D), but I cannot drive in D because it gives me a CEL due to Bullets being installed. I guess the good news is that I love driving in M. Best of both worlds (between driving a stick and ease of automatic).
Old 10-24-2014, 12:30 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
I'm not sure how to turn it off (or if possible in D), but I cannot drive in D because it gives me a CEL due to Bullets being installed. I guess the good news is that I love driving in M. Best of both worlds (between driving a stick and ease of automatic).
Through tuning or plugging the above device into the ALDL connector. Looking to hear from anyone who has done either.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:51 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

I turn it off all the time when tuning, you can also shut it off using a Diablo In Tune programmer which does not void your warranty.

We have them in stock if interested and can handle custom tunes if you have mods also.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:23 PM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by C7GrandSport
Would like to hear from anyone with an A6 that's had their AFM turned off. Love the car except when it automatically turns into a Prius

Has anyone used this?
http://www.rangetechnology.com/
Turned off AFM on my A6 using the Diablo tuner. Loved the results. If I'm going on a long road trip I sometimes reinstall the stock tune to get the gas mileage up a little but other than that AFM stays disabled.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:38 PM
lgodom
Drifting

Received 286 Likes on 208 Posts

Too bad you can't turn it on or off in the settings, but it's better than paying a GG tax.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:49 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I turn it off all the time when tuning, you can also shut it off using a Diablo In Tune programmer which does not void your warranty.

We have them in stock if interested and can handle custom tunes if you have mods also.

Doug also does custom tunes in the Diablo for LT's, etc that really wakes the car up. Don't ask me how I know.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:01 PM
03 SILVER
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS

Where does it say, that shutting it off with Diablo In Tune does not void my warranty?
Serious question, because I am very interested in shutting it off but have a major concern about voiding my warranty. Currently driving in M.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:32 PM
bigjku
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 SILVER
Where does it say, that shutting it off with Diablo In Tune does not void my warranty?
Serious question, because I am very interested in shutting it off but have a major concern about voiding my warranty. Currently driving in M.
What I belive they meant is that it can't be detected so if you remove it after an issue they don't knownit was ever there.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:43 PM
03 SILVER
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjku
What I belive they meant is that it can't be detected so if you remove it after an issue they don't knownit was ever there.
Thanks for your input bigjku, but it is important that they say exactly what they mean if that is the case.
If by chance the Diablo fails to re install the stock programme properly then what?
No warranty.

Get notified of new replies

To Cylinder Deactivation-who's turned theirs off?

Quick Reply: Cylinder Deactivation-who's turned theirs off?