C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Procharger or ECS Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by tkbigsky
Am I wrong to think that Meth is just a short term fix and possible future problem should you lose injection, not too mention an ongoing additional cost to run the vehicle. In my talks with some of the engineers and tuners it also sounds like the cams are just going to help accelerate a fuel pump failure. My understanding is that the real change needs to be a new high pressure fuel pump which LPE and others are currently working on. I really want to S/C my Z51 but, have been told to wait by some of the bigger shops until fuel pumps are available. Obviously I'm not an expert on this but, know that I can't afford to run the motor lean. Would greatly appreciate any expertise.
Added cost is almost nothing. $20 for 5 gallons of meth. I used ~8 gallons last year. The cost is almost nothing and you don't fill it that often unless you are speedracer.

As for waiting for pumps, why not just do it now, keep the power within the safe limits (~580rwhp) and then if/when something comes out, you can crank it up later. 580rwhp is still a lot more fun than 400.

As for the title of the thread, A&A uses vortech units, ECS uses paxton/vortech units. Procharger is its own thing. I would rank them ECS>A&A>PC.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:16 PM
1ccrider
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Added cost is almost nothing. $20 for 5 gallons of meth. I used ~8 gallons last year. The cost is almost nothing and you don't fill it that often unless you are speedracer.

As for waiting for pumps, why not just do it now, keep the power within the safe limits (~580rwhp) and then if/when something comes out, you can crank it up later. 580rwhp is still a lot more fun than 400.

As for the title of the thread, A&A uses vortech units, ECS uses paxton/vortech units. Procharger is its own thing. I would rank them ECS>A&A>PC.
Unreal, That 8 gallons was how many miles of driving? Thanks CC
Old 10-31-2014, 04:36 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

It would be wise of the OP to take a look at the parts break down and bracket designs available
Yes, he should defiantly do that. He will see that both systems have solid bracket designs featuring dedicated 8 rib drive systems.

Our bracket is currently out there supporting a F-1X on the M2K C7 that makes enough power to over power its current custom clutch set up, and countless other F1A, F1C, D1SC, and P1SC1 customers.

As far as parts break down, with our system absolutely NO expense was spared. And has some awesome advantages in the "parts break down" for the customer.

- No cutting of factory airbox

- We supply trimmed OEM under panels, so customer can keep his parts stock. (saves time on instal as well)

- Supplied MAF extension harness, so no tugging or splicing on the OEM harness.

- Molded silicon hoses, for super easy installation, and no metal tubes to rub, or rattle.

- All alum parts (such as crank pulley) are hard anodized for long lasting finish. (SFI balancer options for both major brands)

- Comes with handheld tuning, that is track proven at 1/4mile and road course.

- 3 solid days of rented track testing was performed, to prove out the absolute best intercooler system design, to compliment the aerodynamics of the Corvette C7.

CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING LINK: to how much testing went into intercoolers alone.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...vert-data.html

If a person checks out the C5 and C6 sections these days on this forum. Its nearly impossible not to see the countless ultra high HP ProCharger cars, not just drag racing but also roll racing, and mile events.

C7's will be adding to that list each and every day.

If anyone would like and owners manual to our system before pulling the trigger, please contact ts@procharger.com or call 913-338-2886 if you prefer it to be mailed to you.

Thanks!

Last edited by ProChargerTech; 10-31-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1ccrider
~8k miles. Then again I have a friend that goes through 5 gallons a month, but he is constantly beating on the car. Even so, $20 a month for meth is pennies compared to gas/oil/maintence.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:29 PM
stangkilrproductions
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Methenol injection is sort of a band aid on the C7's because on most setups you're using meth as an additional fuel source. What happens if the pump goes out? Ask a few shops and they will tell you.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:35 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

What stangkiller said wait to put the Z06 pump/injectors/rail setup in, should bolt right up. Line pressure goes from around 2170 to 2900psi. This is going to supply so much fuel. And its all under the intake manifold.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:16 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by stangkilrproductions
Methenol injection is sort of a band aid on the C7's because on most setups you're using meth as an additional fuel source. What happens if the pump goes out? Ask a few shops and they will tell you.

Then IMHO you are asking the wrong shops. Ask the shops that are currently making big power from the C7 and I'm confident you will get a different answer.

For conversation lets say the fuel supply is endless, you still need octane to make over 600 with the C7's high compression engine. So would you then run race fuel all the time? Hassle.. and you do not get the IAT benefit.

Yes any mechanical part can fail, but it is very easy to tune in safeties threw the ECM, and when you're spraying enough to add the octane needed to make 700+ from a stock engine, if it was to fail the car goes so lean that it no longer makes enough power to melt it down.

We introduced meth injection to this forum many years ago now, we have certainly had failures over that time, but we have it down to just being a repair and go process.

I do not think any other shop has produced so many 700+ RWHP stock engine cars as we have (literally several hundred LS2/3's with a 1% failure rate) So I am speaking from experience on this.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with Doug.

Any modification done to a vehicle to increase its HP will come with some additional maintenance. Whether changing the oil on a blower, going through additional routines in service changing Diff, Tranny, etc fluids.. checking tires, being on top of oil changes, etc. The meth pump goes into those loops. If you use a system and not check it or maintain it.. it is what it is.

Even done using a teeny nozzle spraying on top of an existing tuneup.. there are benefits.

When a kit works.. it makes a high difference. Just like when a blower works.. it makes a huge difference. Technology and time have advanced the way things work in the last 20 years. Poke around the C5 and C6 sections for some history.. the C7 simply reaps the benefits of the advances learned on the previous cars. This applies to a lot of products.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Rez90
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every reputable corvette tuner out there uses Meth Injection.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:33 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

anyone have intercooler pics of the AA kit and the procharger Kit

13 months later now things improve at all?

Last edited by blown81bu; 01-08-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:38 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I don't agree. I made a mistake installing a breather/catch can incorrecty and the Meth controller was not getting enough signal from a vacuum line and when I tried to go into boost the tune pulled timing immediately going into boost. That is a pretty nice safety feature that I got with a tune by Doug at ECS. If the pump fails, you will know when the ECM pulls timing and that will keep it from granading the motor.

If shops are telling you that you will damage the engine if a Meth part fails, you really want to think twice about letting them tune your car.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 01-08-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:03 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Meth tuned properly makes all the sense in the world. I love my Alky Control kit and my ProCharger.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:04 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Then IMHO you are asking the wrong shops. Ask the shops that are currently making big power from the C7 and I'm confident you will get a different answer.

For conversation lets say the fuel supply is endless, you still need octane to make over 600 with the C7's high compression engine. So would you then run race fuel all the time? Hassle.. and you do not get the IAT benefit.

Yes any mechanical part can fail, but it is very easy to tune in safeties threw the ECM, and when you're spraying enough to add the octane needed to make 700+ from a stock engine, if it was to fail the car goes so lean that it no longer makes enough power to melt it down.

We introduced meth injection to this forum many years ago now, we have certainly had failures over that time, but we have it down to just being a repair and go process.

I do not think any other shop has produced so many 700+ RWHP stock engine cars as we have (literally several hundred LS2/3's with a 1% failure rate) So I am speaking from experience on this.

Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by Julio
I agree with Doug.

Any modification done to a vehicle to increase its HP will come with some additional maintenance. Whether changing the oil on a blower, going through additional routines in service changing Diff, Tranny, etc fluids.. checking tires, being on top of oil changes, etc. The meth pump goes into those loops. If you use a system and not check it or maintain it.. it is what it is.

Even done using a teeny nozzle spraying on top of an existing tuneup.. there are benefits.

When a kit works.. it makes a high difference. Just like when a blower works.. it makes a huge difference. Technology and time have advanced the way things work in the last 20 years. Poke around the C5 and C6 sections for some history.. the C7 simply reaps the benefits of the advances learned on the previous cars. This applies to a lot of products.
I'll just add our 2 cents to this thread because in 2015, we did exactly what you are considering. What started out as a "supercharged" C7 Z51 build, later became an obsession of getting the most out of what we had. Like hundreds (or possibly thousands) of others, we started out with the ECS 1500 supercharger at roughly 10 lbs of boost on our high compression factory engine. We added American Racing Long Tube Headers and a single nozzle ALKY METH CONTROL kit spraying 100% M1 Methanol. That netted us 662 - 670 rwhp (depending on the dyno).. that puts our crank HP at roughly 790 - 795 hp. Not too shabby at all.

Roughly 3-4 months later, we lost a race to a 1000hp Ford Shelby Mustang which prompted us to push our car even harder. Skip ahead to 7 weeks ago. We decided to take our car back for a complete overhaul. Our tuner company gutted our C7. We kept our ECS 1500 supercharger and changed out the pulley. We forged our internals and upped the boost. Did a heads / cam upgrade, stall converter, dual nozzle ALKY METH kit, Borla axle back exhaust, etc.. the result: roughly 850 rwhp (estimated 1020 crank hp). We are sold on the ECS kit with running 100% M1 methanol. Color us impressed.. our car is a beast (maybe even too fast for a street car.. is there such a thing? ..haha!).

I'm sure the other supercharger units are good but since I don't have those units, I can only speak on what worked for us. We recommend ECS superchargers / ALKY METH CONTROL units to everyone who wants / asks for our opinion. It's a serious combo for C7 Stingray owners who want to exceed C7 Z06 power levels. To this day, we haven't had a single issue with our supercharger or alky meth kit. We keep up on our maintenance and we actively check our methanol levels each week. We even called Julio to order a new pump and a second nozzle line and spoke to him directly. He is a super easy going guy and the customer service was superb / top notch.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1ccrider
~8k miles

That all depends on how you drive. Some can do 5 gallons a month. I use 1 gallon or so a month. Not a big deal. Even at 5 gallons a month, $20 a month is nothing.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:03 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

6 of one, half dozen of the other. Both GREAT systems. BER will provide BEST SHIPPED price in the nation. Period
Old 01-11-2016, 02:16 PM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a procharger as well. I love the looks, power and builder said it was simple to install. Good tuning characteristics.

My car made 840/780 on 12# and I'm on a 416 now with 16# making over 900rwhp.

The meth dilemma is correct.. it is a band aid for both e85 and pump gas.. if the pump goes out. Do NOT be worried.. it's all in the TUNE. if the pump goes out and the tune isnot done correctly (speed density tune, or knock sensors turned off) it will blow your motor up... but if it's tuned correctly, knock sensors on, iat breakout, and tuned right the car will sense the lower intake charge and fuel supply and pull timing which will make the car fall on its face but won't hurt the engine. Have to do things correctly without cutting corners

BTW procharger is a great product. I would really consider them.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:29 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by on3wego
The meth dilemma is correct.. it is a band aid for both e85 and pump gas.. if the pump goes out. Do NOT be worried.. it's all in the TUNE. if the pump goes out and the tune isnot done correctly (speed density tune, or knock sensors turned off) it will blow your motor up... but if it's tuned correctly, knock sensors on, iat breakout, and tuned right the car will sense the lower intake charge and fuel supply and pull timing which will make the car fall on its face but won't hurt the engine. Have to do things correctly without cutting corners
This is exactly what happened to me. When the Method controller was not getting what it needed it shut down. The car would fall flat on it's face when going into boost. As noted, it's all about the tune.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Procharger or ECS Supercharger

Old 01-11-2016, 02:59 PM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
This is exactly what happened to me. When the Method controller was not getting what it needed it shut down. The car would fall flat on it's face when going into boost. As noted, it's all about the tune.
If you have a tuner that only cares about quantity rather than quality it's bound to happen the car will blow up. Spend the money and tune the car correctly. No reason people car should blow up for a bad tune or someone that's just learning the c7s.. go to someone that's been tuning c7s and do it right the first time. Do not be afraid of methanol injection. Devils own and alky r the best kits to have
Old 01-13-2016, 04:22 PM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal

Where are you getting your meth from?
Old 01-13-2016, 05:23 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Fuel supplier or local speed shop that gets it from local fuel supplier.

In my case Western State Petroleum.
The following 2 users liked this post by Unreal:
CORV3T (05-03-2016), StingerBG (01-13-2016)

Quick Reply: A&A Procharger or ECS Supercharger