C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Procharger or ECS Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Default A&A Procharger or ECS Supercharger

Which will have more Rwhp
Old 10-28-2014, 08:13 AM
stangkilrproductions
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just depends on your setup. I love my Pro Charger
Old 10-28-2014, 08:48 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

They will all produce the same amount of power, what you need to break down is the quality of the kit, what is included with your purchase, and how well the kit can be tuned.

We feel we excel in leaps and bounds over our competition in those regards. Feel free to contact us if you wish to speak in length about it.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by stangkilrproductions
Just depends on your setup. I love my Pro Charger
How much did u dyno at the hp and Tq
Old 10-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
They will all produce the same amount of power, what you need to break down is the quality of the kit, what is included with your purchase, and how well the kit can be tuned.

We feel we excel in leaps and bounds over our competition in those regards. Feel free to contact us if you wish to speak in length about it.
I'm looking for 650 700Rwhp and around the same torque if I want that do I have to change anything or I could get that horse power with just headers and Ecs
Old 10-28-2014, 09:39 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Seannyc
I'm looking for 650 700Rwhp and around the same torque if I want that do I have to change anything or I could get that horse power with just headers and Ecs
Headers, Meth, and a ECS kit will break 700whp with no issues at all.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:23 AM
stangkilrproductions
Racer

How much did u dyno at the hp and Tq
On 12lbs 814rwhp/768tq on E85 with a mild cam at 6,200 rpms. The quality of the kit and the install process is awesome!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:25 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

As Breecher said, you will need to add meth injection for the necessary octane and fueling. Other then that you can reach your goals without adding headers if you chose too.

There are plenty of build threads on here with base ECS kits in the 700 rwhp area.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by stangkilrproductions
On 12lbs 814rwhp/768tq on E85 with a mild cam at 6,200 rpms. The quality of the kit and the install process is awesome!
Great numbers
Old 10-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

As Breecher said, you will need to add meth injection for the necessary octane and fueling. Other then that you can reach your goals without adding headers if you chose too.

There are plenty of build threads on here with base ECS kits in the 700 rwhp area.
Sounds good thx
Old 10-28-2014, 11:50 AM
ElFingers
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Doug, dumb question. Would a meth injection setup still be required if, for example, you run 97+ octane race fuel, or supplement 93 octane pump gas with a booster like, say, Torco? Or is it the cooling effects of the meth that you're really after?
Old 10-29-2014, 12:47 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

For OEM fit and finish, we got you covered....and Performance!

- Plug and Play MAF extension harness (no cutting of wires)
- No cutting of your factory airbox
- No cutting of your OEM trim parts (we supply precut parts for you)
- One piece molded silicon hoses (no random metal tubes, and clamps)
- Inlet can be mated to OEM airbox with our CNC billet plate
- Brackets and supercharger can be had in satin, polished, and black
- LARGEST intercooler on the market, AND two different mounting options
- Tuning comes included for stock cars and pump gas (if you run meth, custom tuning required)
- Two Crank pulley options, Anoidized black OEM interface, or SFI balancer (two brands)

Power and Performance are 100%... and your car remains 100% reversible back to stock. (Even the tune in the ECU is undetected)
Old 10-29-2014, 01:14 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

ECS has always been top notch and all class in my books. These guys have talked me OUT of buying parts I really didn't need and cause them self sales. They are honest and they KNOW THEIR STUFF!! ECS all the way
Old 10-30-2014, 12:30 AM
arcticZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
For OEM fit and finish, we got you covered....and Performance!

- Plug and Play MAF extension harness (no cutting of wires)
- No cutting of your factory airbox
- No cutting of your OEM trim parts (we supply precut parts for you)
- One piece molded silicon hoses (no random metal tubes, and clamps)
- Inlet can be mated to OEM airbox with our CNC billet plate
- Brackets and supercharger can be had in satin, polished, and black
- LARGEST intercooler on the market, AND two different mounting options
- Tuning comes included for stock cars and pump gas (if you run meth, custom tuning required)
- Two Crank pulley options, Anoidized black OEM interface, or SFI balancer (two brands)

Power and Performance are 100%... and your car remains 100% reversible back to stock. (Even the tune in the ECU is undetected)
Do you have to splice wires on the ECS kit?
Old 10-30-2014, 09:38 AM
RpeterK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticZ51
Do you have to splice wires on the ECS kit?
The ECS kit requires

Absolutely no wire cutting or splicing.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:27 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RpeterK
The ECS kit requires

Absolutely no wire cutting or splicing.
The kit is also better engineered in my opinion and supplies you with better parts. Not to mention is capable of more power out of the box in its "base" configuration...

It would be wise of the OP to take a look at the parts break down and bracket designs available as well as blower head capability of the unit supplied in the "base" kits without a upcharge. You will see two clear choices at that point, ECS or A&A in my opinion. Take that along with their proven track record in the C5/C6 platform and you will see its a no brainer on what direction to go.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:24 AM
stangkilrproductions
Racer

I am at 10k miles on my Pro-Charger kit and counting. I have a customer that has over 230,000 miles on his P1SC unit and has NEVER replaced a single part other than changing the S/C oil every 10k miles. After visiting the Pro-Charger factory here in Kansas City I see how much work and design goes into each part. They are all car guys just like us.
The following users liked this post:
blown81bu (01-24-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Procharger or ECS Supercharger

Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 PM
tkbigsky
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I wrong to think that Meth is just a short term fix and possible future problem should you lose injection, not too mention an ongoing additional cost to run the vehicle. In my talks with some of the engineers and tuners it also sounds like the cams are just going to help accelerate a fuel pump failure. My understanding is that the real change needs to be a new high pressure fuel pump which LPE and others are currently working on. I really want to S/C my Z51 but, have been told to wait by some of the bigger shops until fuel pumps are available. Obviously I'm not an expert on this but, know that I can't afford to run the motor lean. Would greatly appreciate any expertise.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

When it comes time for a s/c on my car it will be ECS first or A&A second.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:29 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tkbigsky
Am I wrong to think that Meth is just a short term fix and possible future problem should you lose injection, not too mention an ongoing additional cost to run the vehicle. In my talks with some of the engineers and tuners it also sounds like the cams are just going to help accelerate a fuel pump failure. My understanding is that the real change needs to be a new high pressure fuel pump which LPE and others are currently working on. I really want to S/C my Z51 but, have been told to wait by some of the bigger shops until fuel pumps are available. Obviously I'm not an expert on this but, know that I can't afford to run the motor lean. Would greatly appreciate any expertise.
What "bigger shops" told you to wait for a fuel pump or that meth is a band aid? The big box shops that no nothing about real power? Because if you talk to the big power shops in the ls/lt world like ECS, Vengeance, or LMR, you won't get any silly answers like that.

Meth is totally safe if tuned correctly. My best friend is a avid road racer and has been running a 940whp c5z with a totally meth dependent tune for 3 years now. He goes through a 55 gallon drum of meth in a season with no issues. Meth is safe, just needs to be tuned correctly.

Quick Reply: A&A Procharger or ECS Supercharger