C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some diablo tune suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Kayir
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Some diablo tune suggestions please

Got my intune and loaded the afe 93 tune with the firm transmission tune and an increase in throttle response but there were plenty of other parameters that were available to tune both with the tune and the transmission. Can anyone give me a quick primer or suggestions of how I might use these additional parameters to fine tune the tune? Thanks so much in advance.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:29 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Would also like to know
Old 10-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I wouldn't suggest altering timing or fueling without a wideband and/or a dyno to verify changes.

Shift points and firmness are up to you, and pretty self explanatory.

If I were heading to the track, I'd likely move the shift points around a bit, especially with a CAI, to see if it liked to shift a little higher.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:54 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Kayir
Got my intune and loaded the afe 93 tune with the firm transmission tune and an increase in throttle response but there were plenty of other parameters that were available to tune both with the tune and the transmission. Can anyone give me a quick primer or suggestions of how I might use these additional parameters to fine tune the tune? Thanks so much in advance.
What r ur thoughts on the tune? have you tried just the 93 tune and then the 93 w/CAI tune back to back?

What did you get AFe for price wise? Im seeing $416 on various sites.

Last edited by S'vette; 11-01-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:55 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
I wouldn't suggest altering timing or fueling without a wideband and/or a dyno to verify changes.

Shift points and firmness are up to you, and pretty self explanatory.

If I were heading to the track, I'd likely move the shift points around a bit, especially with a CAI, to see if it liked to shift a little higher.
What does the firm transmission do compared to stock? Will a Z51 need this?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Kayir
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So far I've only loaded the afe tune. Nothing else. I'm pleased. It's not earth shatteringly different. I can adjust the throttle response more but a subtle increase in power etc. the trans shifting is just a little more brisk. VerY much worth it for the reasonable cost of the tuner. I got my afe on the intro group buy so I paid less. Forget the actual number. Maybe 350 shipped?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:08 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Kayir
So far I've only loaded the afe tune. Nothing else. I'm pleased. It's not earth shatteringly different. I can adjust the throttle response more but a subtle increase in power etc. the trans shifting is just a little more brisk. VerY much worth it for the reasonable cost of the tuner. I got my afe on the intro group buy so I paid less. Forget the actual number. Maybe 350 shipped?
Cool and thanks. I think I will be getting the AFE and intune from a vendor here that is still offering a combo package for about $755. Im sure there are gains, I will probably just load the CAI with no tune and see how it feels then the 91 tune and then the 91/AFE tune. From there I will try the 93 tunes and mix some race gas with 91 to get to 93 octane.

Get notified of new replies

To Some diablo tune suggestions please

Quick Reply: Some diablo tune suggestions please