C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDR Video Quirks

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 12:47 PM
vettekat2007
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts
Default PDR Video Quirks

I just got my '15 coupe and tried the PDR video just while driving down the street. The sound seemed to be very muffled, very hard to understand when talking. Also, there is a black bar all the way across the top of the screen when playing back the video. It actually extends around the upper left corner and partially down the left side of the screen. You can see it in the attached photo. Colors are somewhat washed out in my opinion-maybe this is normal. Anyone have these same issues or do I need to make a trip to my local dealer (shudder...

)? Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Sleezygurlz (09-14-2021)
Old 11-06-2014, 01:00 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vettekat2007
I just got my '15 coupe and tried the PDR video just while driving down the street. The sound seemed to be very muffled, very hard to understand when talking. Also, there is a black bar all the way across the top of the screen when playing back the video. It actually extends around the upper left corner and partially down the left side of the screen. You can see it in the attached photo. Colors are somewhat washed out in my opinion-maybe this is normal. Anyone have these same issues or do I need to make a trip to my local dealer (shudder...

)? Thanks.

Camera looks to need adjustment - I would also check for any plastic around the camera (that new part plastic wrap stuff)

SHould be easy enough to access -

Does Theta have a "how to adjust/remove/access your camera" DIY?
Old 11-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Hmm... let me look. I think I remember seeing PDR R&I somewhere.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:00 PM
ZHU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That black bar I believe is on the windshield right above the camera. The sound amplifies the exhaust and subwoofer on playback, but you can turn it up on playback using the volume ****. It also depends on the lighting in the area, I.e. Into sun, at night, etc. make sure windshield is clean and not hazy from dust.

Get notified of new replies

To PDR Video Quirks

Quick Reply: PDR Video Quirks