C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just another 700 rwhp C7 leaving ECS with only 3 mods SC - ARH - meth injection

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:00 AM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
How can you tell how much is in the washer fluid tank though ? You just keep filling till you can start to see the meth coming up the small tube? There is no lid on the washer fluid tank on the c7 I think.
Ha I wondered that too when first getting it. Shut off vehicle. Slow and steady fill until you can see the fluid right up to about a quarter inch from top. Cover with Alky supplied cap and your done! Only takes a few seconds.

If sourcing from a 5 gal container it's easier to fill an intermediary bottle to make the pour easier. Use any liter water bottle free of contamination and covered when not in use.

Pour excess back into source bottle and seal securely. Store the meth out of sunlight or ignition devices. Always use 100% VP M1.

If leaving the car parked for a few days or longer you may want to test Alky pressure before driving. There is a button you can press to pressurize and test the system. Run the car at idle and hit the button. The car will sound like it will stall and then recover. Then the test is completed. Location of button may vary due to installer.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:04 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by slesher
Ha I wondered that too when first getting it. Shut off vehicle. Slow and steady fill until you can see the fluid right up to about a quarter inch from top. Cover with Alky supplied cap and your done! Only takes a few seconds.

If sourcing from a 5 gal container it's easier to fill an intermediary bottle to make the pour easier. Use any liter water bottle free of contamination and covered when not in use.

Pour excess back into source bottle and seal securely. Store the meth out of sunlight or ignition devices. Always use 100% VP M1.

If leaving the car parked for a few days or longer you may want to test Alky pressure before driving. There is a button you can press to pressurize and test the system. Run the car at idle and hit the button. The car will sound like it will stall and then recover. Then the test is completed. Location of button may vary due to installer.

Hope that helps.
Oh that's very helpful. I did t know it comes with a cap or anything like that test. I'm sure Doug will explain it all when it's installed. Thanks for the help !!
Old 07-13-2015, 09:35 AM
slesher
Pro

Oh that's very helpful. I did t know it comes with a cap or anything like that test. I'm sure Doug will explain it all when it's installed. Thanks for the help !!
Sure anytime. Doug is the man. Either he or one of his awesome techs will go over it with you.

The makers of Alky are creating a float type sensor that will help give more accurate readings of tank fill status. Expect that to be available in the next year or so. Maybe sooner.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:50 AM
c6switchblade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite thing about using the stock washer tank is that it prompts you on the gauges that you are low on fluid. It takes a LONG time to run out of methanol with the single nozzle kit.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:02 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

My biggest concern would be my car does sit for weeks sometimes because of work. Does the meth go bad in washer fluid tank if it's sitting ? Also what about storage for winter? I'm guessing drain washer tank dry for winter storage then fill it first day it's taken out of storage? I'm not that worried about the pump going bad ECS IS like 90 min from my house I can go there at least once a year just to check if everything is properly working and tuned.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:00 PM
c6switchblade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My biggest concern would be my car does sit for weeks sometimes because of work. Does the meth go bad in washer fluid tank if it's sitting ? Also what about storage for winter? I'm guessing drain washer tank dry for winter storage then fill it first day it's taken out of storage? I'm not that worried about the pump going bad ECS IS like 90 min from my house I can go there at least once a year just to check if everything is properly working and tuned.
You will know if the pump is bad, the light will not come on and the car will fall flat on its face if Doug tunes it with the failsafe. I think you are overthinking it, the alky kit is bulletproof and you can have it tuned to leave a little on the table if you so desire for safety purposes.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:03 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by c6switchblade
You will know if the pump is bad, the light will not come on and the car will fall flat on its face if Doug tunes it with the failsafe. I think you are overthinking it, the alky kit is bulletproof and you can have it tuned to leave a little on the table if you so desire for safety purposes.
Got it thanks switchblade.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:53 PM
slesher
Pro

Thanks! I have had the bumper off a few times so I am pretty quick at it. It took about 3 hours with the trip to the store to get the coupler. That's was with trial and error cutting the shroud. Best bet is to take almost all of it off, leaving it as solid as possible on the sides of the AC condensor. It was very easy overall. It holds itself in place and will never move and the top end tank fits right between the crash beam and ac condenser like it was originally meant to be there. I put two self tappers into the sheet metal sides of the core (not through it) just to make it look even behind the bumper. You can see them in this pic on the sides of the intercooler behind the grill for reference.
That's pretty cool pun intended

Interested in how it holds up with intense driving, back to back pulls, etc
Old 07-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by slesher

Hope that helps.
^ Everything here.

Always use an intermediary filler and protect the paint at all costs. This is an excellent filler funnel to use for meth as it has a leak-tight stopper and a large top fill area for the large 5-gal jugs to pour into. I recommend this to everyone because it's so useful for everything on this car - from radiator fills/flushes to meth refills.

Amazon.com: Lisle 24680 Spill-Free Funnel: Automotive Amazon.com: Lisle 24680 Spill-Free Funnel: Automotive

With regard to filling the black tank, I, too, have had issues with this. The best thing I have come up with is to listen as you fill. The closer to the top smaller neck you come, the higher frequency (and louder) the liquid pouring will become. Once you hear it change into that higher frequency quickly, you're at the neck. Any more, and you'll quickly be at the cap (which you don't want to be, since the cap isn't leak-proof).

Just a tip!
Old 07-13-2015, 06:10 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Yup, I bought 2-5 gallon NEW gas containers and 1-1 gallon NEW gas container. I then found a local supplier and filled the 2-5 then I use the 1 gallon to fill the tank. I picked up the funnel below to transfer to the Alky tank.I store the Meth in my detached garage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000AXRH5/ref=yo_ii_img
Old 07-13-2015, 06:21 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,082 Likes on 655 Posts

I love seeing you guys pushing the envelope!!

Great work!!
Old 07-31-2015, 11:28 PM
HydroStream6
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Love all the info in here guys! This has been a good read.

Still hoping to see some of you guys in the 140s soon. I'm looking to pick up a C7 in the spring and this 3 mod setup will follow shortly after. My last car trapped 145 and I'd like the new car to feel just as powerful, even though I won't be dragging it.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:30 PM
HydroStream6
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Also, has anyone gone to E85 (with fuel system of course) and seen good results with this setup?
Old 08-01-2015, 03:24 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

One more update on the intercooler....

Trimmed the splash shield to accommodate two cooling holes for the radiator. Reinstalled the air dam and bam! coolant temps back inline. This Bypasses the intercooler compelety underneath the car and provides fresh forced air to the rad. Intercooler is 100% sealed for flow through the grill. Was cruising on the highway at 163-165 after this mod today with one bottle of water wetter. Best of both words!

This is a great idea!
Old 08-01-2015, 03:26 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by HydroStream6
Also, has anyone gone to E85 (with fuel system of course) and seen good results with this setup?
Yes, the guys at JTM have had their 2015 in the 9's on E85.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:01 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Another one that will be picked up later today.

Attached Images  
Old 10-16-2015, 09:59 AM
sr71bb
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Default ECS results with restrictor plate installed

My best friends C7 convertible had a satin black ECS supercharger installed by Advanced Modern Performance and WITH the restrictor plate installed but opened up slightly (10 PSI), he is making 660-670 RWHP with 93 and METH injection. He LOVES the car. He has stock headers still along with CATS and all. A new LAMBO owner got the shock of his life the other day LOL. With the satin black finish, with the hood up the car looks bone stock.

He has surprised quite a few people with his sleeper convertible. In fact he can keep up with me through 2nd gear and I have a 1000 RWHP Camaro. Car is VERY impressive.

Other useful info:

WITHOUT meth and WITH stock restrictor, the car made right at 615 RWHP @ 8 PSI on 93.

Last edited by sr71bb; 10-16-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Just another 700 rwhp C7 leaving ECS with only 3 mods SC - ARH - meth injection

Old 10-16-2015, 10:32 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Cant wait for next season !!
Old 10-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HydroStream6
Mine goes to Vengeance this week to get the e85 senor along with a pulley swap. Interested to see how it turns out.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:59 PM
tech369
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucknut2006
Mine goes to Vengeance this week to get the e85 senor along with a pulley swap. Interested to see how it turns out.
I make 800whp & have the LT4 main pump, a secondary & LT4 injectors and to run full e85 we still need a lot of meth.

Quick Reply: Just another 700 rwhp C7 leaving ECS with only 3 mods SC - ARH - meth injection