C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to start!!!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:39 AM
eliminator1974
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start!!!

I Have a C7 Lt 1. I bought it basic to spend more money on hp. So my question is what is the best bang for the buck an my goal is 750-800 RWHP. An yes I want a SC an also open to meth injection. It is a Manual. How much power will the bottom end handle. I will not be taking to a drag stripe to hook up like crazy I just want a big Hp street driven car to play with. So any info you can help me with would be great I am from IN but willing to travel to any shop that is the best deal for the money. Thanks for the info in advance
Old 11-27-2014, 11:47 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bottom end is proving durable. Quite a few well over 800whp so far and I have not heard of a boost related failure yet.

750 is a pretty easy goal if its a 7 speed car.

ECS Supercharger Kit, Alky Control Methanol Injection, ARH Headers.

That alone will bang on the door of 750whp.

More power than that is a Cam and blower pulley away...
Old 11-27-2014, 11:52 AM
eliminator1974
Cruising

What cam would you recommend an also If I change my headers an go to long tube. Do I need to change the total exhaust. if so what is the best out there so many products its hard to figure what is the best.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:01 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

I would contact ECS regarding a Cam if you use their kit.

As far as exhaust goes, ARH is pretty much the nicest out there with solid results and customer service. It will bolt up to your factory mufflers...

Just look on the forum and see who is building lots of 700-1000+whp cars. You will find one kit that sticks out. ECS.
Other systems have achieved high numbers as well, but its not as common.

If you act right now during the black friday sales I would not be suprised if you could get the Blower kit, Meth kit, and Headers shipped to your door for well under $8000..
Old 11-27-2014, 12:27 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Bottom end is proving durable. Quite a few well over 800whp so far and I have not heard of a boost related failure yet.

750 is a pretty easy goal if its a 7 speed car.

ECS Supercharger Kit, Alky Control Methanol Injection, ARH Headers.

That alone will bang on the door of 750whp.

More power than that is a Cam and blower pulley away...
Old 11-27-2014, 04:59 PM
eliminator1974
Cruising

Ok Im ready to order my headers So Im going to get long tub. So what size do I need like 1 3/4" 2" or 1 7/8" an do I want with or without cats. Thanks so much for the help just don't want to buy twice.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:12 PM
EVL-C8
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 91 Posts

I like the fact that Kooks offer the High temp 2200+ degree silver coating on theirs but have not seen that on the ARH system anywhere?

Last edited by EVL-C8; 11-27-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:32 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Go 2" with no cats if you don't mind footin the bill. You will never need to upgrade again.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Coating is gimmicky. That being said if you live any metro place there is probably 20 places to coat them. I would take uncoated arh over coated kooks any day.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Coating is gimmicky. That being said if you live any metro place there is probably 20 places to coat them. I would take uncoated arh over coated kooks any day.
Who informed you that coatings are a gimmick. Sure they wont net you a discernable hp increase but they do lower underhood temps dramatically which helps in generating power and keeping things consistent. The ceramic coatings reduce radiated heat and in all seriousness is almost a necessary upgrade for FI engines especially since heat soak is much more prevalent in them.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I have all my parts coated. Does it help, yes, does it make a huge difference, not really. People seem to think it is some magic and coating makes heat issues go away. The only coating that really does amazing things is the swaintech white lightning. All the other ceramic stuff has a small effect, but I like it because it keeps the parts looking good and prevents corrosion.

In my experience, they do not lower underhood temps dramatically. They do it very slightly, and unless the cost is low, you are better off wrapping the pipes if you really want lower temps.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:08 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Unreal
I have all my parts coated. Does it help, yes, does it make a huge difference, not really. People seem to think it is some magic and coating makes heat issues go away. The only coating that really does amazing things is the swaintech white lightning. All the other ceramic stuff has a small effect, but I like it because it keeps the parts looking good and prevents corrosion.

In my experience, they do not lower underhood temps dramatically. They do it very slightly, and unless the cost is low, you are better off wrapping the pipes if you really want lower temps.

This pretty much sums it up.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Jason 98 TA
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

first thing I recommend is a nice exhaust upgrade to get all the new found air out! Checkout the TSP long tubes. At under a grand for fully polished 304 stainless with 3" x pipe the package is extremely hard to beat! It's also the longest primaries available on the market & makes killer torque gains!!

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-4408-te...ad-x-pipe.aspx

Old 12-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
first thing I recommend is a nice exhaust upgrade to get all the new found air out! Checkout the TSP long tubes. At under a grand for fully polished 304 stainless with 3" x pipe the package is extremely hard to beat! It's also the longest primaries available on the market & makes killer torque gains!!

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-4408-te...ad-x-pipe.aspx

Those are sexy....too many goodies to choose from, and not enough money to just buy them all.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

Here is a thread on our headers we make that lashway motorsports did an independent review on

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...7-headers.html

Get notified of new replies

To Where to start!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to start!!!