C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for everyone modding their C7's......

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 11:41 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

On my 2014 the ONLY warranty issue I was concerned about was that the dealer instructed me NOT to run it over 4000 RPM's for the 1st 1000 miles-
After that I started modding my car---You have to realize GM knows that this is a performance sports car---and built very robustly
Warranty says that any aftermarket part voids the warranty--Does GM ever do that ?? NO---Even a simple Flowmaster on a Silverado could void the warranty--and on 80% of all Silverados the owners swap mufflers---
Same for the Corvette---They normally won't challenge an exhaust change or CAI--
Being that a SC is CARB legal same goes for them---Cams and LT's are different--they are not CARB legal--So you are taking a chance---
It all depends on your relationship with your dealer----He can Tell GM to warranty your car or not based on your history and his recommendation----
If you are worried about mods---leave it be--and more HP is not your thing--Only YOU can make the decision to push the envelope -Most all Corvettes are modded GM knows that---Personally I never worried about it--On my 8th Corvette and have only had 1 warranty issue---and it was taken care of---
If you wanna be a big dog you gotta get off the porch ---Either you are a pessimist or an optimist --count on bad things happening---or go for it and enjoy your super car
JMHO
Old 12-20-2014, 09:04 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Great to hear you're enjoying the boost!

I like your thinking.

Is it wrong to want headers and an ECS (Doug) tune at 58 miles?

S/C would be awesome but out my league right now.

Quick Reply: Question for everyone modding their C7's......