C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emissions Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 10:11 AM
mes
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions Inspection

I bought my C7 in Maryland and live in Pa. When I went to have it inspected in Pa. I was told by 2 dealers it would not pass emissions inspection because the oxygen and Evp sensor won't register and I need to put more miles on the car. It has 230 miles on odometer. Does this make sense to anyone?
Old 01-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

usually they mean more miles on the car right before you bring it in. you don't have it hot enough, live too close to the inspection station.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:11 PM
mes
6th Gear

Default Emmisions

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
usually they mean more miles on the car right before you bring it in. you don't have it hot enough, live too close to the inspection station.
I drove it another 35 miles and had it retested with the same negative result. Was told to keep driving it and put more miles on the car and bring it back.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by mes

I drove it another 35 miles and had it retested with the same negative result. Was told to keep driving it and put more miles on the car and bring it back.
never heard of that but doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course. you could try a different station, i guess....just throwing out the easy ones.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

There is a lengthy explanation for what's happening, but the short answer is that some of the IM monitors have not completed their tests. Each state has their own requirements: some allow as many as three IM monitors to show, "Incomplete." Other states require all to show "Complete."

More miles is the only solution, and don't use a scan tool to clear diagnostic codes, or you'll have to start the drive cycles all over again. If they don't show, "complete," after 100-150 miles of mixed driving conditions then you have an emissions control problem, but that is usually accompanied with a "CEL"

Ed
Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 AM
mes
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Old Yellow
There is a lengthy explanation for what's happening, but the short answer is that some of the IM monitors have not completed their tests. Each state has their own requirements: some allow as many as three IM monitors to show, "Incomplete." Other states require all to show "Complete."

More miles is the only solution, and don't use a scan tool to clear diagnostic codes, or you'll have to start the drive cycles all over again. If they don't show, "complete," after 100-150 miles of mixed driving conditions then you have an emissions control problem, but that is usually accompanied with a "CEL"

Ed
Thanks Ed, your explanation makes perfect sense to me now. I'll put more miles on and get it retested.

Get notified of new replies

To Emissions Inspection

Quick Reply: Emissions Inspection