C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***LMR C7 Catch Can Systems $599**

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Default ***LMR C7 Catch Can Systems $599**

We just finished another run of our Late Model Racecraft C7 Breathers Systems! They are on sale for $599 plus shipping right now. For powder coat or gloss black finish add $50. These work great with all applications on the new C7 Corvette Platform, from Boosted to N/A, drag or road racing. Proven reliability and great quality. Call, PM, or email the shop today to get yours shipped TODAY!

Rob Valden
sales@latemodelracecraft.com
Late Model Racecraft
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Trans C7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me they work
Old 01-30-2015, 04:40 PM
0v3rc10ck3d
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How do you empty it?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by 0v3rc10ck3d
How do you empty it?
Threaded 'bolt' insert at the rear left of the can - use an Allen wrench to loosen it and then drain into a cup, etc.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:40 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

We also found fittings that are more user friendly for those that are not available to have fittings welded to valve covers. Please call the shop if you have any questions.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
We also found fittings that are more user friendly for those that are not available to have fittings welded to valve covers. Please call the shop if you have any questions.

This is awesome. At the same price point?
Old 02-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by C7&7
This is awesome. At the same price point?
Yes
Old 02-01-2015, 03:07 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

The $599 price includes everything for the install right? Lines and connectors and can? I assume so, just curious.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Gadfly
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

$600 for a catch can? That has to be a typo.... right?

It is a small metal can, a few fittings and some line. I could see $100-200 if it was billet, but for a welded sheet metal box? $600?

Come on people....
Old 02-06-2015, 03:34 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadfly

It is a small metal can, a few fittings and some line. I could see $100-200 if it was billet, but for a welded sheet metal box? $600?

Come on people....

These are hand fabricated and TIG welded. Not some machine produced, spool gun welded crap. As someone that can TIG weld aluminum sheet quite well, let me tell you that this is not a quick process to do correctly. Aluminum has to be super clean and consumables are not cheap.

There is a reason that sheet metal valve covers and sheet metal intakes are so expensive, fabrication takes skill and time to make it look that nice.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Travis@boostworks
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft

Heh.. You're welcome!

See, to make this Chevy fast, we had to add a little bit of Ford into the mix.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Travis@boostworks
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Gadfly

Come on people....
Are you kidding?

There's 150 bucks in fittings and braided hose alone.. I am a fabricator by trade. I know what it costs in material and time to make this. I recently bought one of these for a customer's C7, and the quality is second to none.. Weld-in -an fittings, black anodized swivel -an hose ends, and Russel braided line. Then, a properly baffled, TIG welded tank with 2 cnc machined hose barbs for the filters. Add the filters in on top of that.. There's 500 bucks worth of material, labor, and welding supplies to properly build these.

If you want the a cheap overseas-made catch can, then go buy one. This is not cheaply made, and it's one of the few that get the job done properly.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Travis@boostworks
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by breecher_7
These are hand fabricated and TIG welded. Not some machine produced, spool gun welded crap. As someone that can TIG weld aluminum sheet quite well, let me tell you that this is not a quick process to do correctly. Aluminum has to be super clean and consumables are not cheap.

There is a reason that sheet metal valve covers and sheet metal intakes are so expensive, fabrication takes skill and time to make it look that nice.
Exactly..

People are so quick to dismiss the "fab" part of things. I'm sure you've had people look at you funny when you tell them how much time and money it costs to build something from scratch. lol
Old 02-09-2015, 03:12 PM
2015VETTE
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive read on the forum that these are not ideal for a boosted car? they say they smell oil fumes inside the cabin has this been fixed yet?
Old 02-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I've been working on getting the crankcase fumes re-routed, and I know Ron @ VR is working on another solution.

These are absolutely ideal for a heavily boosted car - I don't see any reason to use them (over a traditional catch can) without boost. Just my opinion as one of the first adopters of this product.

$600 is a great price compared to the initial cost, and the $50 for powder coating is about half the price of what I paid. As stated before, there's around $150 to $200 of hardware included in addition to the can.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:08 PM
SUNRISE1
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
I've been working on getting the crankcase fumes re-routed, and I know Ron @ VR is working on another solution.

These are absolutely ideal for a heavily boosted car - I don't see any reason to use them (over a traditional catch can) without boost. Just my opinion as one of the first adopters of this product.

$600 is a great price compared to the initial cost, and the $50 for powder coating is about half the price of what I paid. As stated before, there's around $150 to $200 of hardware included in addition to the can.
any update on the crankcase fumes?? I am sold on the setup except for the breather fumes that enter the car at the cabin intake vent right behind the breather exhaust. I have the ecs system and my only complaint is the fumes. I think the fumes are coming from the blow-off exhaust. the CAI air is now contaminated with fumes as the pcv lines connect directly to the air box...which obviously supplies air to the SC and eventually some exits the blow off. I have considered attaching a rubber hose over the blow-off valve and routing it to the rear of the car or at least below the car somewhere behind the engine bay but not sure if this will create any problems with performance.
Will this LMR setup eliminate the need to run the lines into the air box? why not run rubber hoses where the breather filters are on the LMR set up and place the filters somewhere away from the cabin air intake. Like letting the dog **** in someone else's yard. I can't smell it....so I am good. your thoughts and updates are appreciated. I was told of an obvious fix but not practical...turn the recirculate on and don't pull in outside air...not practical in central Illinois.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:16 PM
cbmax
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the LMR Catch Can work with the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger?

Chris
Old 02-24-2015, 04:10 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by SUNRISE1
any update on the crankcase fumes?? I am sold on the setup except for the breather fumes that enter the car at the cabin intake vent right behind the breather exhaust. I have the ecs system and my only complaint is the fumes. I think the fumes are coming from the blow-off exhaust. the CAI air is now contaminated with fumes as the pcv lines connect directly to the air box...which obviously supplies air to the SC and eventually some exits the blow off. I have considered attaching a rubber hose over the blow-off valve and routing it to the rear of the car or at least below the car somewhere behind the engine bay but not sure if this will create any problems with performance.
Will this LMR setup eliminate the need to run the lines into the air box? why not run rubber hoses where the breather filters are on the LMR set up and place the filters somewhere away from the cabin air intake. Like letting the dog **** in someone else's yard. I can't smell it....so I am good. your thoughts and updates are appreciated. I was told of an obvious fix but not practical...turn the recirculate on and don't pull in outside air...not practical in central Illinois.
I have the design done and the tubes sitting here. Waiting for the weather to not be 0-20 like it has been for weeks now.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:54 AM
SUNRISE1
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
I have the design done and the tubes sitting here. Waiting for the weather to not be 0-20 like it has been for weeks now.
GREAT! Looking forward to your post.

Get notified of new replies

To ***LMR C7 Catch Can Systems $599**

Quick Reply: ***LMR C7 Catch Can Systems $599**