C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**LMR1200HP Supercharged Package Dyno Vid**

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Default **LMR1200HP Supercharged Package Dyno Vid**

Here is a run from today. Next week we will show another video with a new pulley for final numbers. Enjoy!

Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:33 AM
BigJudy
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

very nice guys!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Nice! This level of power is scary, for real. Can't imagine adding more. YSI?
Old 01-19-2015, 11:51 PM
jsb08Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
Nice! This level of power is scary, for real. Can't imagine adding more. YSI?
Theta my car is running on c16 with the restrictor off making upwards of 19 psi and ended up pulling 1001rwhp and 806rwtq. It puts down over 800rwhp with the restrictor on and 93. It's actually a Ecs 2200r with a couple little tricks but the build includes a custom fuel system, and a fully built motor + meth. I also have rpm tranny, mcloud duel disc clutch and cv axle to add to the safety of the drivetrain. The car is coming back from texas next week and I will report back once I have some seat time.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:11 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

That's awesome - congrats on a great build! Always wild to see an uncorked blower wide open like that.

That thing just sounds like a drag monster with all of the drivetrain upgrades (RPM, MCDD, CV).

I want to say mine runs out of breath somewhere between 13 and 14psi, but I still have 12 in the signature until I know for sure. At least now I know how that added pressure from the larger blower would scale. I was afraid of running C16/C20 just for the cost and low availability here, so stuck with 93+meth (sounds like what you're planning to do if I'm thinking correctly - hard to pass up $2.00 93 vs. $9 C16).

You know, now that I look at it, our cars are really similar in the engine bay. I just don't have a giant unrestricted monster blower.

Enjoy it! I'll check in to see how you're liking it. I hope you have some nice weather up there when you get it back. It's been torture for me only having had this out once with all the crap weather... Too cold for traction. Had to buy a baby M to hold me over through the winter.

Noticed the Z51 rims - what are you going to use for tires?
Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 AM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Badass.. curious on the tires as well
Old 01-20-2015, 03:34 AM
jsb08Z
Racer

That's awesome - congrats on a great build! Always wild to see an uncorked blower wide open like that.

That thing just sounds like a drag monster with all of the drivetrain upgrades (RPM, MCDD, CV).

I want to say mine runs out of breath somewhere between 13 and 14psi, but I still have 12 in the signature until I know for sure. At least now I know how that added pressure from the larger blower would scale. I was afraid of running C16/C20 just for the cost and low availability here, so stuck with 93+meth (sounds like what you're planning to do if I'm thinking correctly - hard to pass up $2.00 93 vs. $9 C16).

You know, now that I look at it, our cars are really similar in the engine bay. I just don't have a giant unrestricted monster blower.

Enjoy it! I'll check in to see how you're liking it. I hope you have some nice weather up there when you get it back. It's been torture for me only having had this out once with all the crap weather... Too cold for traction. Had to buy a baby M to hold me over through the winter.

Noticed the Z51 rims - what are you going to use for tires?
When it comes to rims and tires I have absolutely spoiled myself rotten. The wheels that you see on the car are my winter wheels which have the stock rims with AS3 all season tires on them. My main summer wheel/tire and also occasional road course (hopefully still) is a HRE P101 with Toyo R888. I also have a third set of basic rotary forged wheels in 18 inch that I run Mickey Thompson ET Street 2 on. This set is specifically for roll racing and the strip
Old 01-20-2015, 03:38 AM
jsb08Z
Racer

Oh also I forgot the C 16 fuel is retail $19 per gallon. I have a friend who gets it for me for $14 if I buy 55 gallon drums. I will only be using this fuel for serious roll races or dragracing. Hoping to be the first manual C7 in the nines.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:01 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Good stuff - glad to see another high-HP car running 888s. Your wheels are nicer than mine, though.

I can't imagine trying to launch this on the strip with the stock clutch and driveline - roll racing is about the only thing I'd be comfortable doing. I will look forward to your thoughts on the 888s - they're well-liked by Lamborghini drivers and are getting popular here. If those don't give me enough, I'll move over to the NT555r and see what that does.

Love being in the company of the other 1000hp C7s here - all of these builds have been unique thus far, and that's just awesome. So many ways to skin this cat, even with silly-high numbers! And I dare say that I think we're all a little more than happy that pulling big power from the C7Z isn't just a pulley swap (after what we've all invested).

As for the C16 - damn! I'm spoiled working with an oil company. I thought $9/gal hurt in the mid-sized drums. C20 is like $16/gal for us, but I think even those are still wholesale prices (no need for C20, though). $19 must be at the track, and that's just... ouch!

C16 + meth must just allow for timing out the ***.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:06 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

As a thought (just a thought, mind you) - if you're running the stock radiator (and it appears you are), I'd try to find a plate relocation kit of some sort.

That slide mount really does affect the flow - by how much I'm not sure, but it's significant.

And perhaps that's just me being wrong or over-worrying, but it's a consideration with our hot-running setups. We're a front-plate-state, as well, so I feel your pain. I'll just have to be truthful about the airflow issues and take my lumps when they come ($50 no-plate 'tax').
Old 01-20-2015, 05:29 AM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jsb08Z
Oh also I forgot the C 16 fuel is retail $19 per gallon. I have a friend who gets it for me for $14 if I buy 55 gallon drums. I will only be using this fuel for serious roll races or dragracing. Hoping to be the first manual C7 in the nines.

I'v planned on running the nittos 555. See how they do as well.. btw.. are you able to pm me how lmr upgraded your fuel system? I'm wanting to run e85. But I only got 91 and torco.. plus meth and of course I have the cam fuel lobe. But it won't be enough. On the e85 stuff.. is there a aftermarket pump or they using the z07? Thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 04:40 PM
jsb08Z
Racer

As a thought (just a thought, mind you) - if you're running the stock radiator (and it appears you are), I'd try to find a plate relocation kit of some sort.

That slide mount really does affect the flow - by how much I'm not sure, but it's significant.

And perhaps that's just me being wrong or over-worrying, but it's a consideration with our hot-running setups. We're a front-plate-state, as well, so I feel your pain. I'll just have to be truthful about the airflow issues and take my lumps when they come ($50 no-plate 'tax').
That make sense and I can see how that can cause an air flow issue. I have already received two hefty tickets for not from play on my c7 in NYC and the one at the toll was substantial so I will be leaving it one for the street. For competition events I will take your advice and remove it to improve the airflow
Old 01-20-2015, 04:43 PM
jsb08Z
Racer

Originally Posted by on3wego
I'v planned on running the nittos 555. See how they do as well.. btw.. are you able to pm me how lmr upgraded your fuel system? I'm wanting to run e85. But I only got 91 and torco.. plus meth and of course I have the cam fuel lobe. But it won't be enough. On the e85 stuff.. is there a aftermarket pump or they using the z07? Thanks
For the exact details you will have to talk with Steven at lmr but I can tell you every aspect of the fuel system is custom and it was very very pricy. But to feed this car the fuel it needs at these power levels it seemed the only reasonable solution since we would never have gotten here with just a cam fuel lobe. Originally I was thinking e85 but LMR has not sorted the tune out yet for this fuel and they are very experience with c16 setup so we went in this direction instead
Old 01-20-2015, 10:09 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

That make sense and I can see how that can cause an air flow issue. I have already received two hefty tickets for not from play on my c7 in NYC and the one at the toll was substantial so I will be leaving it one for the street. For competition events I will take your advice and remove it to improve the airflow
Man... sorry to hear that. It's a reason to get pulled over here, but the fix-it-ticket is only $50 without points. Never thought about getting checked at tolls.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:00 PM
jsb08Z
Racer

[QUOTE=Theta;1588768249]Man... sorry to hear that. It's a reason to get pulled over here, but the fix-it-ticket is only $50 without points. Never thought about getting checked at tolls. :

The front plate issue in New York is becoming a big issue. I have even received a ticket with my car simply parked in the street. Last one at the total cost be $135.

I just checked out the thread on your car and it's awesome that you're making that power on 93 octane and that the set up is working reliably. I will have my 93 octane numbers probably by tomorrow so I'll give you a heads up on how that worked out for me. Vengeance also does awesome work it was a tough call before I sent my car out the door but I ended up going with LMR who did a great job. Prior to sending the car out to LMR it just had the ECS 1500 with meth and without the restrictor put down over 700 to the wheels. Turns out I was running that set up with the restrictor on and it was putting out about 550 to the wheels but still running 11.0 in the quarter and 135 mph with the r888. I don't think the car will put the power down in first gear in race configuration with the Toyos anymore but I guess we'll find out soon. There's a reasonable chance of even the Mickey Thompson on 18s are not gonna make the cut for a real hard shot out of the hole. I'm pretty confident that even with a non-aggressive launch it's going to be pretty easy to run low 10's trapping close to 150mph

Last edited by jsb08Z; 01-22-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Trans C7
Instructor

Congrats Nice numbers, should be a beast, I have Forgelines coming on M& H Tires to help with mine, Ben at Weapon X is sending them, cant wait, I am 672 to the tire with an Auto 9lbs
Old 01-31-2015, 05:54 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

This car is a beast, I will have to check dyno numbers when I get to shop on Monday but I think she made around 865rwhp with restrictor plate and 93octane and close to 1020rwhp on C16. Once Mike gets used to his new found power I am sure he will want a little 150shot for roll racing at the hit! That is if the power can be put down on boost only first!

Get notified of new replies

To **LMR1200HP Supercharged Package Dyno Vid**

Old 01-31-2015, 06:28 PM
Trans C7
Instructor

What do you have to do to run c16
Old 02-01-2015, 07:24 AM
jsb08Z
Racer

Pump fuel is not consistent enough nor is it high enough octane to run the car with the restrictor plate off at high rpm. It's more of a safety factor for the motor but they can adjust the timing on the car more aggressively knowing they can rely on this fuel. With the plate off we are 18-19psi and with the plate on we are closer to 13-14psi. Even with this set up the methanol is affording some security to put down close to 800rwhp on pump fuel.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Pump fuel is not consistent enough nor is it high enough octane to run the car with the restrictor plate off at high rpm. It's more of a safety factor for the motor but they can adjust the timing on the car more aggressively knowing they can rely on this fuel. With the plate off we are 18-19psi and with the plate on we are closer to 13-14psi. Even with this set up the methanol is affording some security to put down close to 800rwhp on pump fuel.
Exactly, when running high boost levels there is no need to chance a $20k engine on fuel you get out of the pump. Not all fuel is the same. By running C16 we ensure the proper octane is running through the engine at high boost levels.

Quick Reply: **LMR1200HP Supercharged Package Dyno Vid**