C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Shifter issues - Here's the alignment procedure

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 07:04 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Red Tulsan
While I am already planning to go to the MGW, I'd like to have the issue resolved in stock form before I start throwing parts at it. Getting to the shifter wasn't a big deal at all in my C5, and the procedure looks virtually identical here, so I don't mind verifying the stock shifter is properly aligned
Looks same as c5, I have a video (see below) if needed.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:03 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,496 Likes on 1,893 Posts

bump. Looking at a new shifter install, need this info
Old 11-09-2017, 03:24 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Mines pops out of 2nd sometimes if i dont have the clutch all the way engaged before letting go of the shifter. Whats up with that.
The following users liked this post:
PaulMEdwards (12-22-2020)
Old 11-11-2017, 09:04 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by C7-Beast
I have had an MGW since March of last year. Its 100% better shifter than stock but mine will now rev match for no reason. I had my shop check my install and they found no issue. It does not do it all the time but it will rev when I let the clutch out and the trans is in neutral and I'm stopping. Very odd.
Just a suggestion not implying you don't know what you're doing. At Spring Mountain (I have '16 M Z) driving a Z M7 of course, I experienced this revving when braking hard. I mentioned it to instructor leading us & he had no suggestion. It scared the crap out of me trying to brake hard in preparation for turn in to the apex but the engine over-revving & trying to accelerate while I wanted to slow big time. I finally figured out my cause. I have a bad habit of not centering my foot on the brake pedal when stopping (1/2 on the brake-other 1/2 hanging off the go pedal side. Not a problem normal or spirited driving, but at SM when really getting on the brakes, the right side of my right foot hanging off the brake pedal would sometimes contact the gas pedal causing engine to rev high even while braking. Are you size 13 shoes by chance?

Quick Reply: C7 Shifter issues - Here's the alignment procedure