C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many A8 guys have Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 02:00 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Default How many A8 guys have Superchargers

Just looking for feedback. No matter how many times I say I am going to stay away I KNOW I will be at ECS sooner rather than later I'm not looking for insane power and I probably won't even do headers. I would just do the base 1500 kit with meth injection ONLY if the meth is suggested for extra protection. Looking for feedback
Old 03-01-2015, 12:43 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Auto is perfect application for a supercharger... Better luck at getting the power to the ground. I've got an A&A kit on my auto GS and it hooks pretty well.

Best bang for the buck... Reliable, fun and more than enough for most.

Likely won't need the meth for a stock application... One less thing to worry about.

I'd love to drive a Stingray with a Vortech and the A8. Wife has a Stingray with the A6, and the new auto programming is incredible so I can only imagine how it is with the extra gears and a blower behind it.

I'm planning on buying a Z later this year, but strongly debating just getting a Stingray instead and driving it down to A&A to have them install their kit.

If you do it you will love it.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:18 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm planning on buying a Z later this year, but strongly debating just getting a Stingray instead and driving it down to A&A to have them install their kit.
I think quite a few of us are thinking the same thing. I have a 2014 z51 manual and was set on getting a z06, model year 2016. I am really not liking the poor top end power of the new z. I hate to spend 85k on a car and immediately put money into it to get it to pull hard above 100. Plus I could put large enough trans and engine coolers as well as radiator to fix the problems the z is going to have if it is tracked in high heat. The suspension would not be all that hard to beef up and the aero bits can be added. I would miss the wider rear fenders though.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:19 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
I would miss the wider rear fenders though.
Maybe... Not as drastic a difference as it was with the C6 Z06/GS. Front is the same 'sheet metal', save for the spats that no one likes anyway. Ground effects are available, and even more cost effective from the aftermarket. Grill can be had if you really must... Suspension parts readily available and cost effective... Could likely build a 'more capable' "most capable track car" pretty easy.

No meaning to talk down the Z, and am likely still going to get one, but it is certainly an attractive alternative.

The Stingray is a badass car in its own right... There is no bad C7.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Bkafe
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what I did. Ecs kit and a tune; no meth cam or headers.

If I were to do it again, I would prob spring for the meth and headers up front.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/kafenbaum/65J6Y5
Old 03-02-2015, 10:28 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Unknown how many of them are "out there"

However I can say that I am 100% jealous of all the A8 ProCharger customers running around.....Because....

ProCharger + that transmission = one heck of a ride.

Literally made me fall in love with the car all over again!
Old 03-02-2015, 01:22 PM
2015VETTE
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will let you know in a few weeks when my 2015 A8 goes in for the ProCharger install!
Old 03-02-2015, 01:27 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Just looking for feedback. No matter how many times I say I am going to stay away I KNOW I will be at ECS sooner rather than later I'm not looking for insane power and I probably won't even do headers. I would just do the base 1500 kit with meth injection ONLY if the meth is suggested for extra protection. Looking for feedback

I knew you would supercharge it sooner or later Chris.

Hard to go from a car with so much power to stock, even if it is a C7.

The A8's have been holding up great btw, huge improvement over the A6's IMHO.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:31 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I knew you would supercharge it sooner or later Chris.

Hard to go from a car with so much power to stock, even if it is a C7.

Lol you win. See you guys soon
Old 03-02-2015, 08:22 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Why - did they have some problems with the C7 A6 with FI applications?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:06 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 454 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
Why - did they have some problems with the C7 A6 with FI applications?
I don't think it's so much that the A6 had problems it's more due to the fact that the A8 is so well suited for a true sports car. For starters, it's rated for 738 lb/ft of torque. The shifts are extremely fast and firm. When in track mode, the electronics are spot on. The more aggressive you drive and more g's, the car knows you are playing hard. As I head into a clover leaf interchange, the car will down shift rev matching very aggressively and remains in the perfect gear for max torque all while in drive mode. Also if you are just tooling along, it shifts 4 times just crossing a large intersection (smooth as butter). Stay in drive mode and hammer it at any give time/speed and it know the right gear and hits it hard and solid. I think you'd have to drive one to appreciate it. It's my first auto purchase since a new 1995 Z28 and I have zero regrets... Just a smile every time I drive it!
Old 03-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

The last boosted A8 we did was a flat out blast to drive! That trans is seriously one of the best I have ever experienced and the rpm drop between shifts is perfect for a centrifugal car, it falls right at peak tq. The trans has shown to be super reliable thus far, the customer we recently did his just did a 1/2 mile event here and he was doing back to back pulls all day long lol.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 03-22-2015, 12:15 PM
s197pilot
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Imho

I have a 2015 A8 and I added the ESC NOVI 1500 kit along with long tube headers and catless xpipe. The supercharger was very simple to install and has performed flawlessly so far (I have put a couple thousand miles on the setup so far). I also added an LMR breather system because my tuner reccomend it but I made quite a few pulls with PCV rerouting option reccomended by ECS and I had no issues. Bottom line is that I reccomend the supercharger 100%.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:34 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by imxz28
I don't think it's so much that the A6 had problems it's more due to the fact that the A8 is so well suited for a true sports car. For starters, it's rated for 738 lb/ft of torque. The shifts are extremely fast and firm. When in track mode, the electronics are spot on. The more aggressive you drive and more g's, the car knows you are playing hard. As I head into a clover leaf interchange, the car will down shift rev matching very aggressively and remains in the perfect gear for max torque all while in drive mode. Also if you are just tooling along, it shifts 4 times just crossing a large intersection (smooth as butter). Stay in drive mode and hammer it at any give time/speed and it know the right gear and hits it hard and solid. I think you'd have to drive one to appreciate it. It's my first auto purchase since a new 1995 Z28 and I have zero regrets... Just a smile every time I drive it!
My wife's car is a '14 Stingray, so am very familiar with the performance of the A6. Unbelievable what a great job of enhancing the performance the engineers did... It shifts quickly and strong when in performance mode, and does well at managing the shifts up and down in full auto mode. I can only imagine how much better it is with the extra two gears.

The difference between my '12 A6 and her '14 A6 is night and day.

Good to hear they hold up well... Currently about 70% sure I'm doing a Z51 with centri rather than the Z at this point. Need to make up my mind in the next month or so.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:49 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Couldn't have said it better myself. Went to the dealer last Thursday to test drive the A8. Transmission in a car is very important to me. I had planned on getting the hellcat and already knew it had a great trans (ZF8). So i test drove the A8 and boy was i surprised. This A8 transmission is truly amazing. I was so shocked at how awesome it is! I bought a 15 A8 the next day! I have 140 miles on it so far and i fall more in love the more i drive it lol. Quick question though, are you sure the A8 in the stingray isn't toned down a bit. Thats awesome if my trans is rated at 738 Ib/ft of torque. I was thinking about a supercharger in the future. Was actually looking at lingenfelter earlier today. They have a 600 horse kit for 11k. You get a 3yr/36k mile warranty with it as well.
Attached Images  

Last edited by anders1118; 03-22-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:23 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015VETTE
I will let you know in a few weeks when my 2015 A8 goes in for the ProCharger install!
Make sure to let us all know how it goes!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 AM
2015VETTE
Instructor

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
Make sure to let us all know how it goes!
As you may know SMG is doing the install he should have some dyno pulls later today!

Get notified of new replies

To How many A8 guys have Superchargers

Old 03-25-2015, 02:09 PM
2015VETTE
Instructor

Well just got the numbers from my tuner on the Procharger install with A8 trans
564.74HP and 516.60TQ
I will post more info as I get it along with video.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:53 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 454 Likes on 174 Posts

To echo my PM. Congrats and please post first impressions here. Hope the weather is good for your first drive!

Originally Posted by 2015VETTE
Well just got the numbers from my tuner on the Procharger install with A8 trans
564.74HP and 516.60TQ
I will post more info as I get it along with video.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:48 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't think it's so much that the A6 had problems it's more due to the fact that the A8 is so well suited for a true sports car. For starters, it's rated for 738 lb/ft of torque.
My understanding is the Z06 is rated at 738 but the A8 in the Stingray is not rated that high (Est 480+). I found some mention of it having a 11% increase over the A6 in the 2014 Stingray. I have not found any specs that actually relate to the 2015 A8 other than the one in the Z06.

Quick Reply: How many A8 guys have Superchargers