C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankcase pressue problems with F/I applicatiions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:21 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Default Crankcase pressue problems with F/I applicatiions

I was looking at doing a supercharger kit for my 2015 Z51 A8. I was told that if I am going to do the blower I should definitely do longtube headers as well due to backpressue issues. I really didn't want to do headers but If it's a better set up I will. My problem is the more research I do I keep running into people saying the C7 has a big problem with crankcase pressure. Maybe ECS can chime in hear and let us know what the answer is. I would like to do their kit but I wan't it to be reliable and not having to worry about stuff breaking. Anyone else know about the crankcase pressure or if there is a fix?? Thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,710 Likes on 2,918 Posts

All the supercharger manufacturers seem to have figured out the solution, and have it included in their kits. Since you're near ECS, take a look at their instructions to see their fix for it.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...015_102814.pdf
Old 02-27-2015, 04:13 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kracka
All the supercharger manufacturers seem to have figured out the solution, and have it included in their kits. Since you're near ECS, take a look at their instructions to see their fix for it.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...015_102814.pdf
Oh ok very good to know!! I thought it was kind of a non spoken thing
Old 02-28-2015, 11:26 AM
slownlo
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did i read that correctly

It stated the afe intake CAN NOT be used with a procharger / ecs supercharger?

I picked up a AFE intake and ARH headers thinking i was getting the base components for a supercherger to drop in on top of. Seems like i wasted 500$
Old 02-28-2015, 11:34 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by slownlo

I picked up a AFE intake and ARH headers thinking i was getting the base components for a supercherger to drop in on top of. Seems like i wasted 500$
The AFE or any other intake for that matter are NOT usable when you go F/I. It's always been that way.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by slownlo

Plug & play, no, but I have seen guys customize the intake a bit to make it work. If I were to add a Procharger to my car I'd fab up an adapter to allow me to retain the AFE airbox & air filter.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:08 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kracka
Plug & play, no, but I have seen guys customize the intake a bit to make it work. If I were to add a Procharger to my car I'd fab up an adapter to allow me to retain the AFE airbox & air filter.
Oh good info Chris, I didnt know that was possible
Old 02-28-2015, 01:03 PM
RpeterK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There are cars floating around all over here making up to 1000+HP with the ECS kit. Well beyond what most look for and they are running the standard ECS supplied ducting from the air filter to the blower and then the engine. Some running the standard ECS crankcase vent routing. Some choosing to go with something different although not necessary especially for a standard install.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Never any harm in removing a restriction, which the stock airbox and stock sized filter is. This is the reason Procharger offers a "race inlet" option. The C7Z breathes through the same box as the C7, but look at the gains people have already found with the AFE & Halltech intakes. As far as OEM intakes go, the C7 design is very good, but does still have room for improvements.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:31 AM
MIGHTYM0USE
Melting Slicks

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

not too many systems out there have the capability of controlling the crank pressure without defeating the stock pcv system. do your research!

Get notified of new replies

To Crankcase pressue problems with F/I applicatiions

Quick Reply: Crankcase pressue problems with F/I applicatiions