C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Gain!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:41 AM
Corvette03051
Melting Slicks

Received 416 Likes on 220 Posts

Default Value of HP

Originally Posted by cbmax
All,

What could I expect in the way of HP gains with the addition of long tube catted headers, green air filter, cat back exhaust and a tune?

My car is a 2015 Z51 Stingray.

CB
Done it many times as have quite a few of the guys on the forum. IMO go with a tune and headers only for an ok bump in performance at a somewhat reasonable cost of 2.5k. Add a cam to that and you are around 5k with significant performance boost. Try a supercharger for 7K for a great bump in performance. Do them all and you have a wild beast on your hands. For me the cam and headers always works well until I run up against a supercharged vette, Great sound with ARH and a nice cam. Sounds very aggressive and mean plus runs very well with about +- 70 rhp gain. Just my opinion and have fun
Old 03-29-2015, 08:16 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson

I paid less than 2300 installed for ARH headers on my last Vette. I paid about 1300 installed for Texas Speed headers on my C7.
1300 installed for the Texas Speed headers is a great price. 1000 bucks sounds really good for those headers, but who did the install only for 300 bucks? lol... I would actually get the cats as well for better daily driveability for wife. (no need to have the extra stink for few more hp for me)

Quick Reply: Performance Gain!