C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cosworth Toolbox issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:02 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Cosworth Toolbox issues?

Anyone have any problems with playing video in the Cosworth Toolbox application v1.3? I've contacted tech support with the following issue - waiting to hear back:

I have a '15 Corvette Stingray with the PDR. Upon downloading and running your Cosworth Toolbox, I'm unable to get video to display. A message with "No video" is displayed within the player frame, while trying to play from either the SD card or copied to the computer. No sound is present either, but all other data is intact and operates as expected. I am running v1.3 (build 213) and updated to SR1 with the same problem. This is a pretty standard fair windows laptop running Windows 7 Pro. The videos themselves play fine with Quicktime, Windows Media Player, VLC, etc. outside the Toolbox.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-03-2015, 04:21 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I have updated to the same Release (V1.3, Build 213 SR1) and have not had a problem. I can read from SD or Computer saved files and get all info including video. I am running Windows 7, what OS are you running, I have not tried it on my Windows 8.1 system.

If you haven't already done so I would try to reload the Toolbox, outside of that I guess you need to see what support has to say.

As I stated I had upgraded from the original version and had no problems on either version.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-26-2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: No need to quote the previous post, especially when you're the next person posting.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Mark_F
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based upon my experience with the system and the pro Pi Toolbox version, I would first suggest reinstalling the newest version of VLC. When I have an issue with no video in Toolbox, that is my first suggestion.

Even if it is working in the media player by itself, sometimes different media players will 'overwrite' the codecs that the system needs and Toolbox seems to enjoy the VLC ones.

I am using the newest version and it is working for me just fine.

Let me know if that helps.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I am having the same problem for months.. i cant get a fix..
it doesnt work on my desktop or my laptop. I downloaded new windows media codecs and still nothing.
I just uninstalled VLC guess Ill download that again see if it works..
Cosworth cant figure out what it is.. just something messing with my codecs they saying..
Old 05-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Kenafin
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Quillen
I am having the same problem for months.. i cant get a fix..
it doesnt work on my desktop or my laptop. I downloaded new windows media codecs and still nothing.
I just uninstalled VLC guess Ill download that again see if it works..
Cosworth cant figure out what it is.. just something messing with my codecs they saying..
I'm having problems with Toolbox as well. At first I had no video or sound, file played fine outside of Toolbox. Managed to get video by loading codecs (VLC I think...I would have to go look)...but no sound still. Sent a message to Cosworth but never got an answer. I suspect something is still messing with a codec but I have no clue what ones Cosworth is looking at or possibly utilizing to begin troubleshooting. I have my hunch what other program might be buggering the codecs (iTunes) but I'd rather not go messing with that install without more concrete knowledge.

It's a pain but in the mean time I just Toolbox into a vm on my mac laptop...it's a pain to start up the laptop and start the vm just to use Toolbox but it works without a problem that way until I have time to figure out the issues on the other system (Windows 7 desktop).
Old 05-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Originally Posted by Kenafin
I'm having problems with Toolbox as well. At first I had no video or sound, file played fine outside of Toolbox. Managed to get video by loading codecs (VLC I think...I would have to go look)...but no sound still. Sent a message to Cosworth but never got an answer. I suspect something is still messing with a codec but I have no clue what ones Cosworth is looking at or possibly utilizing to begin troubleshooting. I have my hunch what other program might be buggering the codecs (iTunes) but I'd rather not go messing with that install without more concrete knowledge.

It's a pain but in the mean time I just Toolbox into a vm on my mac laptop...it's a pain to start up the laptop and start the vm just to use Toolbox but it works without a problem that way until I have time to figure out the issues on the other system (Windows 7 desktop).
ive been getting answers from cosworth.. last one this morning said that most likely a program that is using same codec is interfering..
So i went and unistalled every video player, every video editor, and every codec on the windows uninstall list.. unistalled cosworth tools too..
Then i restarted and reinstalled cosworth tools
Now as of this afternoon it is working.. so much help to be able to see the videos..
Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Californiapch
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Quillen
ive been getting answers from cosworth.. last one this morning said that most likely a program that is using same codec is interfering..
So i went and unistalled every video player, every video editor, and every codec on the windows uninstall list.. unistalled cosworth tools too..
Then i restarted and reinstalled cosworth tools
Now as of this afternoon it is working.. so much help to be able to see the videos..
I have the software on my Windows 7 and works fine.... but on my Win 8 PC I can't see the video.

Have tried removing VLC and this program and re installing it. no luck.

Anyone else figure out how to get the video to show? It plays fine out of the software.

Brian
Old 08-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Originally Posted by Californiapch
I have the software on my Windows 7 and works fine.... but on my Win 8 PC I can't see the video.

Have tried removing VLC and this program and re installing it. no luck.

Anyone else figure out how to get the video to show? It plays fine out of the software.

Brian
uninstall anything that has to do with video.. codec sets.. every video player or editor
Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 AM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Conflicting codec (not sure which one). Works fine after removing all other players. I'll eventually start adding them back one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Mr. Stingray
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alienranch
Conflicting codec (not sure which one). Works fine after removing all other players. I'll eventually start adding them back one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
I am unable to even download Toolbox..Google Chrome AND my anti virus software said it was infected...NOT ACCEPTABLE...have to contact Cosworth and Chevrolet....
Old 10-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr. Stingray
I am unable to even download Toolbox..Google Chrome AND my anti virus software said it was infected...NOT ACCEPTABLE...have to contact Cosworth and Chevrolet....
use a different browser and turn off anti virus..
mozilla Firefox
Old 10-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Time for a new browser and anti-virus. Its just fine.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:35 AM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

also having this problem. Never have had video on cosworth toolbox.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Originally Posted by DLC7
also having this problem. Never have had video on cosworth toolbox.
Uninstall all codecs and video programs Tim it works. Worked for me then after that
Old 03-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Greg Quillen
Pro

You probably can but need whatever program they used too compile it..
Old 03-17-2016, 02:15 PM
DLC7
Drifting

Okay....Uninstalled all Apple and Apple related products from my PC. Still not working. Cannot load the video into Cosbox. Data is present but not video. Something tells me more people have this problem than we know.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:54 AM
DLC7
Drifting

Still not working. All apple, iPod, and QuickTime products removed. No joy.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:49 PM
DLC7
Drifting

Default Fixed issue with cosworth toolbox.

Good afternoon, this is the posters son. I fixed the issue with cosworth toolbox by uninstalling RIM's Blackberry desktop software.

First i installed VLC media player, then i uninstalled blackberry desktop software. The reason i did this, when i would startup cosworth toolbox, it would prompt a security authorization for the software to alter the computer. There was no feasible reason for ****ing blackberry desktop to alter the computer while running the Toolbox.

If your having a similar problem, and your computer is prompting you for some random software, uninstall stated software and try it again.

Or just get your children or grandchildren to fix it for you in a tenth of the time.
The following users liked this post:
myc6toy (03-21-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 08:16 PM
sromley
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to extract the data from Cosworth Tollbox? I'm looking to compare multiple track sessions to model what the variances are over multiple sessions.

Get notified of new replies

To Cosworth Toolbox issues?

Quick Reply: Cosworth Toolbox issues?