C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPP Top Mount C7 Twin Turbo System-Officially in Development!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 04:39 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default UPP Top Mount C7 Twin Turbo System-Officially in Development!

We've been cranking away over here, trying to take everything we know and all the requests we've had and address them all with one kit.

No low mount turbos,
No need for oil return pump
No rear mount (or far away)
No relocation of the ABS module
NO CUTTING
NO DRILLING (save for the hole in the oil pan itself!)
100% capable of returning to stock
~600WHP ready
~1500+HP capable
Can utilize either T3 or full framed T4 turbos.
3" down pipes,
Seem-less factory fitment.
Optional tune included
CARB approval for CA guys - Still looking into this one....

So far we've got the initial design laid out, and it's pretty amazing! Hopefully we'll have the finished product available here in the spring, ready to cruise the summer!

We are still looking into different turbo sizing options as well as available staged upgrades. Right now we have our proven 5871 turbos, and out 6182R turbos, however we have a plethora of options and new turbo designs on their way to us right now for testing purposes. I think we may be starting out with the 6182R turbos (1400hp capable) as the base, and going up from there. Also these kits are going to come standard with our dual layer (inside and out) ceramic coating, which provides a 60% reduction in thermal transitions.

Here's out layout so far:

Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Subscribed
Old 03-11-2015, 12:54 AM
Mixing32
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost

Love the layout. What's the cost going to be you think?
Old 03-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Cobraboy
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Better be very well insulated so it doesn't melt the hood! Don't know about running the exhaust up top like that; might be a lot of components that weren't designed for exhaust heat -- running or soak-back.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:41 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mixing32
Love the layout. What's the cost going to be you think?
Right now we're trying to target the $10K range, but we won't ahve a final number until everything going into the kit is totaled up.

Originally Posted by Cobraboy
Better be very well insulated so it doesn't melt the hood! Don't know about running the exhaust up top like that; might be a lot of components that weren't designed for exhaust heat -- running or soak-back.
The manifolds will be ceramic coated. First with an internal flow coating that's 15mil thick and reduces the thermal transition by ~60%, then with an addition exterior ceramic coating which reduces the temps by and additional 25% (~70% total).

The kit is also going to come with aluminized heat wrap for all the electrical/hoses, turbo blankets, and heat shields designed in where needed. (You can see them in the pics: the vanity covers protecting the coils, the heat shield near the master cylinder, and another by the alternator, as well as the new fuse box cover/shield.)

The setup is very similar to what we currently run on the C6-Z-06's without issue.

CK
Old 03-11-2015, 02:18 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Looks great! And well done cramming ally that stuff in there. Any pics of the intercooler location and design?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:12 PM
nenzi71
Heel & Toe

What did you do with the fuse panel on the passenger side?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Mixing32
2nd Gear

Default Sold

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Right now we're trying to target the $10K range, but we won't ahve a final number until everything going into the kit is totaled up.

The manifolds will be ceramic coated. First with an internal flow coating that's 15mil thick and reduces the thermal transition by ~60%, then with an addition exterior ceramic coating which reduces the temps by and additional 25% (~70% total).

The kit is also going to come with aluminized heat wrap for all the electrical/hoses, turbo blankets, and heat shields designed in where needed. (You can see them in the pics: the vanity covers protecting the coils, the heat shield near the master cylinder, and another by the alternator, as well as the new fuse box cover/shield.)

The setup is very similar to what we currently run on the C6-Z-06's without issue.

CK

I'll be a buyer. Looking to do a complete combo. (Motor, trans, fuel, meth, and shafts) pm me if you would.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:41 PM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Congrats CK, looks like a great set up!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:45 PM
TON C7S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks great, however working on that motor will be a pain in the a$$! Doesn't look like much room for anything.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:09 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Looks great! And well done cramming ally that stuff in there. Any pics of the intercooler location and design?
I'll see what I can dig up...

Originally Posted by nenzi71
What did you do with the fuse panel on the passenger side?
It's still there. Just moved back slightly and protected now via a heat shield/cover. Still very accessible.

Originally Posted by Mixing32
I'll be a buyer. Looking to do a complete combo. (Motor, trans, fuel, meth, and shafts) pm me if you would.
Will do!

Originally Posted by TON C7S
Looks great, however working on that motor will be a pain in the a$$! Doesn't look like much room for anything.
That's what I initially though too when I popped the hood. Took alot of creativity to come up with this an make it all fit, be symmetrical, and look good. But after I was in there for a while, it really wasn't too bad. And even all the plugs are accessible!
Old 03-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

This looks awesome! I'll be following this thread. Hope you guys can get this developed and available for close to the price you're shooting for.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:20 PM
CNB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice work! Have you ever thought about putting a big single up there with all of that space?
Old 03-15-2015, 12:21 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

nice work from the upp team, can't wait for final product pictures.. I still like these turbine housings better.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by carlrx7
nice work from the upp team, can't wait for final product pictures.. I still like these turbine housings better.

I know Carl! lol I'm working on it. Slowly but surely swapping over to v-banded components (like BOV's and WG's) and it really is easier to deal with them, much more adjust-ability.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:23 PM
AD2386
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

How long will this take to develop? I'm gonna say 6 months?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:44 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AD2386
How long will this take to develop? I'm gonna say 6 months?
Right now our goal is to have it released by May!

Get notified of new replies

To UPP Top Mount C7 Twin Turbo System-Officially in Development!

Old 03-19-2015, 01:48 PM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

subsribed
Old 03-20-2015, 11:45 AM
jsb08Z
Racer

Definitely interested for a next winters project. My car is fully built/motor/tranny/clutch ext.. and puts out 1000+ on c16 currently. would be looking to do a twin turbo ethanol build with here next winter and ditch the supercharger to shot for 1500+ rwhp. What do you have in mind for such a package. Would be looking for an extremely fast spoiling turbo.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:28 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jsb08Z
Definitely interested for a next winters project. My car is fully built/motor/tranny/clutch ext.. and puts out 1000+ on c16 currently. would be looking to do a twin turbo ethanol build with here next winter and ditch the supercharger to shot for 1500+ rwhp. What do you have in mind for such a package. Would be looking for an extremely fast spoiling turbo.
We're working with one of the best C7 tuners/platforms available right now, and to my understanding the injection pump has a harmonic resonance ~4500RPMs that drops the fuel supply momentarily, therefore fast spooling turbo may not be the answer. I've been asked to source turbos that spool ~4500 RPMs otherwise we'll have to limit the throttle which could create a noticeable flat spot in the power curve. This is what I've been told, don't have any real world experience yet although we will very shortly here. And we plan on testing/tuning for multiple turbos, hence why we made this T3 and T4 compatible. We also have a new hybrid turbo in the works, slightly bigger exhaust wheel than our 6182R, with a larger AR, and a 72/102mm blade instead of the 61/82. Still all in the same housing, which means it will be available for the current customers as an upgrade as well. (Have alot of testing to do before we release it though).

CK

Quick Reply: UPP Top Mount C7 Twin Turbo System-Officially in Development!