C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Rev Match update for M7?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 10:50 AM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2014 Rev Match update for M7?

Does anyone know if there is a Rev match programming update for the 2014 M7 available? The 2015's Rev match feature is very aggressive, functions much more efficiently, and is quicker to anticipate gear changes.

I turn the feature on about 50% of the time so an update would be awesome.

Searched around and put some calls in but haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:21 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but GM is known not to update software like that. ie: putting '15 software into '14 car to have the updated benefits. It's their way of saying get a '15 if you like it that much.

I'm hoping when '16s come out, if android auto and apple carplay is introduced they would update my '15 software. but they never do stuff like that.

sooo, probably out of luck buddy
Old 03-16-2015, 11:25 AM
slesher
Pro

Your probably right. I'm hoping there may be a way to do this aftermarket eventually. Thanks
Old 03-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,712 Likes on 2,919 Posts

This would be really nice! I like the ARM feature, but it is just a little slow on the '14...
Old 03-16-2015, 03:23 PM
VThokies
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How does the 2015 differ from 2014? What is meant by the 2014 is slow?

Just curious as mine works great on the track. Never use it the street though.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,712 Likes on 2,919 Posts

It's not slow, just not as "instantaneous" as it could be, which it sounds like was improved upon for the 2015.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:06 PM
ziominix
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, I haven't heard about this yet. Could this be something a tune such as Diablo could implement? Should be as simple as copying that section of programming from a 15' if that's something they can access and change.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

can be altered in the tune
Old 03-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

We can update them to a point with the MDI, but the checksums have to match up for the 2014 or you get a brick.

Higgs, can you post or send me the tables (names) for that in HPT or EFI-L? I didn't see that in there, but now I'm interested since I friggin' hate my ARM. It's obnoxiously slow - on my car, it just sounds like I'm being an *** and revving to be noticed. I have to turn it off unless I'm on back roads. It's not even as quick as heel/toe - I know, we all proved that wasn't true, but heel/toe is smoother than the jerky ARM.

Wasn't aware that had changed for '15, but would be delighted to find a table in there.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:31 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Theta
We can update them to a point with the MDI, but the checksums have to match up for the 2014 or you get a brick.

Higgs, can you post or send me the tables (names) for that in HPT or EFI-L? I didn't see that in there, but now I'm interested since I friggin' hate my ARM. It's obnoxiously slow - on my car, it just sounds like I'm being an *** and revving to be noticed. I have to turn it off unless I'm on back roads. It's not even as quick as heel/toe - I know, we all proved that wasn't true, but heel/toe is smoother than the jerky ARM.

Wasn't aware that had changed for '15, but would be delighted to find a table in there.
It is crazy accurate and fast for me. There is no way on earth anyone matching this thing's speed and accuracy. I'm curious what the 14s were like
Old 03-17-2015, 05:35 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by 11B250
It is crazy accurate and fast for me. There is no way on earth anyone matching this thing's speed and accuracy. I'm curious what the 14s were like
I'd have to say slow and not extremely accurate. It was a neat novelty for the first week, and became very tiresome after that. It over-revs, does it too slowly, and ends up still not matching correctly to the point that you get slip. Maybe it's fine for stock, but I drove it twice before supercharging it, then another 200 miles before going all-out. So, it's just obnoxious now. No need to super-rev to 5000 for a 3->2 downshift. Just draws attention and makes you look like a tool for being that loud. Blipping with heel toe is just that - a quick blip. I assume that's how yours is. This one just holds the throttle even through the shift...

Granted, mine is from the first week of production (first 500) and has had a lot of updates. I'm just excited to hear about something being in the adjustment parameters to 'fix' it.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:03 AM
slesher
Pro

Originally Posted by Kracka
It's not slow, just not as "instantaneous" as it could be, which it sounds like was improved upon for the 2015.
Yes it's a dramatic improvement. The 2014 ARM activates at just about the top of the gate for the gear selector and if your quick you can beat it most of the time.

The 2015 ARM gives you a run for the money and is very fast. Almost feels like driving a different car altogether.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:08 AM
slesher
Pro

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
can be altered in the tune
This is great news thanks Higgs.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:18 AM
slesher
Pro

I'd have to say slow and not extremely accurate. It was a neat novelty for the first week, and became very tiresome after that. It over-revs, does it too slowly, and ends up still not matching correctly to the point that you get slip. Maybe it's fine for stock, but I drove it twice before supercharging it, then another 200 miles before going all-out. So, it's just obnoxious now. No need to super-rev to 5000 for a 3->2 downshift. Just draws attention and makes you look like a tool for being that loud. Blipping with heel toe is just that - a quick blip. I assume that's how yours is. This one just holds the throttle even through the shift...

Granted, mine is from the first week of production (first 500) and has had a lot of updates. I'm just excited to hear about something being in the adjustment parameters to 'fix' it.
The 2015 ARM does a perfect heel toe rev match, no over revving, and engages almost telepathically. It even ARM those times where your about to down or up shift but then wind up going back to the original gear.

Still use the ARM on my 2014 (born in June I believe) in traffic since it doesn't over rev too much at slower speeds. On back roads and slinging around its more fun to heel/toe myself...no pun intended
Old 03-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

This sums it up perfectly and I totally agree. Mine isn't quite as early in production as yours (8808), but still behaves the same way.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:26 PM
slesher
Pro

Originally Posted by Elite275
This sums it up perfectly and I totally agree. Mine isn't quite as early in production as yours (8808), but still behaves the same way.
Mine is late production number 30441 so it is highly likely to affect most if not all 2014 M7's.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:36 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Well mine holds it too, so if I have it activated and I'm about to do a 3>2 shift, it will bring the RPM and hold it there if I have my foot on the clutch. thing is, when I'm hastily changing gears, my foot is coming off the clutch once i'm in gear, so it's practically like a blip.

it is a perfect match though. there is zero slip when you change the gear.

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Rev Match update for M7?

Old 03-17-2015, 10:39 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by 11B250
it is a perfect match though. there is zero slip when you change the gear.
Looking forward to getting that fixed. Got word today that it is, indeed, fixable with the tuning in HPT.

Crazy that the entire year was like this. If it's just a calibration change, that's not hard to implement. Perhaps saying it's a tool to push the '15 is correct - always has to be a newer, better implementation - a la Apple.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:37 PM
slesher
Pro

Looking forward to getting that fixed. Got word today that it is, indeed, fixable with the tuning in HPT.

Crazy that the entire year was like this. If it's just a calibration change, that's not hard to implement. Perhaps saying it's a tool to push the '15 is correct - always has to be a newer, better implementation - a la Apple.
Really excited to hear your results with this
Old 03-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I will certainly let you know how it goes. Car is parked (across the entire garage) for several upgrades, including a fuel pump, lots of wiring, and a whole laundry list, so it may be a week or two before I get back out and have some impressions.

I wish I could relay the info on how to handle it, but my tuner is taking care of it for me as I'm running a hybrid/mixed tune platform setup. I'm guessing it's either a custom OS, or close to it.

Anyway, my knowledge stops at HPT tuning - if anybody knows how to fix this in HPT, post the table name and I can put up some screenshots, etc.

Quick Reply: 2014 Rev Match update for M7?