C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POLL: Top 3 PERFORMANCE SHOPS in USA????

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 AM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
You pay for the name and warranty. If you want performance you choose someone else.
If you are referring to lingenfelter there prices are not that bad. Hey are you from Michigan or just a tigers fan? I believe the 624 horse 600 torque package is around 11k. You have to take into account resale. A lingenfelter corvette will bring more then then some random supercharged similar vette. Not to mention the warranty. You figure a good shop like some of the ones mentioned here are gonna run you around 8 or 9k with installation. So another 2k for lingenfelter name and warranty is not bad. Also the resale value will be higher.

I'm from Michigan and a huge tigers fan!! Cant wait for the season to start!

Last edited by anders1118; 03-24-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:48 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by anders1118
If you are referring to lingenfelter there prices are not that bad. Hey are you from Michigan or just a tigers fan? I believe the 624 horse 600 torque package is around 11k. You have to take into account resale. A lingenfelter corvette will bring more then then some random supercharged similar vette. Not to mention the warranty. You figure a good shop like some of the ones mentioned here are gonna run you around 8 or 9k with installation. So another 2k for lingenfelter name and warranty is not bad. Also the resale value will be higher.

EXACTLY, Ligenfelter and Callaway are the only 2 shops where the modifications actually increase the value of the car. They are also one of the few who offer a warranty on the components they modify to replace the warranty you lose from GM. Sure, others claim to deliver more HP per $$$ but when you weigh the entire package these 2 need to be considered.

OTOH, simply trading up to a Z06 gets you far more than any of these shops provide from a complete package aspect (engine, trans, suspension, brakes, wheels, tires and bodywork) and you get a full factory warranty and a stellar resale history.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:49 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

624/600 for 11k.. A ecs/a&A/procharger kit for $6000 installed will make the same power.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-24-2015 at 04:02 PM. Reason: BS comment taken out.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:57 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
This thread is filling up with sheep....

624/600 for 11k.. A ecs/a&A/procharger kit for $6000 installed will make the same power.
Where can you get that kit brand new installed and tuned for that price?

The truth of the matter is that a good shop that can build it needs 2 things... a fabricator and calibrator. That is where vengeance shines.... They have the best i've seen on both departments in a while...

If you have a fabricator and a calibrator, there is nothing that cannot be accomplished.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by The Highlander
If you have a fabricator and a calibrator, there is nothing that cannot be accomplished.
You don't even need a calibrator to accomplish anything. Just look at all the fabricators out there accomplishing the impossible!
Old 03-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by anders1118

11K for flywheel horsepower is way too much. You are better off going to Livernois right there in Dearborn or having the car transported to a shop that will actually give you what you are paying for.

Yes I'm from Michigan. Grew up in Pontiac and come home a few times a year. My grandfather owns a shop on Woodward so I make sure to come back for the Dream Cruise.

This thread is filling up with sheep....

Originally Posted by The Highlander
Where can you get that kit brand new installed and tuned for that price?

The truth of the matter is that a good shop that can build it needs 2 things... a fabricator and calibrator. That is where vengeance shines.... They have the best i've seen on both departments in a while...

No fabrication needed. Call a reputable shop and order a kit or bring your car there and be done with it.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

FSP was doing installed/tuned c7 kits for $6k and I would trust Matt's tuning any day over LPE/Callaway.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:11 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Unreal
FSP was doing installed/tuned c7 kits for $6k and I would trust Matt's tuning any day over LPE/Callaway.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:48 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I never said i would not trust any of the reputable tuners on here. I have not had experience with any of them but i can definitely tell they do a great job with all the happy customers on here. My question is what happens with something on your car breaks??? Then what?
Old 03-24-2015, 02:50 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Unreal
I would trust Matt's tuning any day over LPE/Callaway.
Just curious what thats based on?

There is only one performance shop that I know of that has engineered, patented, and manufactured their own supercharger. There is only one which GM has trusted enough to give a factory RPO on two different generations of Corvette. Rick Hendrick trusted them to build his 25th Anniversary Camaro. They set the world record for a street legal production car at 254.76mph is 1988. Their C6 demo car has 200k miles and still runs 10.80s 100% emissions legal.

The list could go on....Im curious if anyone's resume stacks up.

Only one has done all of that and more. Callaway

Last edited by SurfnSun; 03-24-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Paying a shop $11k+ for a warrantied setup is just prepaying for the next motor. If you spend $6k at a great shop/tuner like FSP/vengance/LMR/etc you can have the $5k in the bank, and if nothing happens, great you get to keep/invest/use that money. If something does happen, you are no worse off, and in fact have a chance to put a forged/better motor in.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:44 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Seriously though, this can be done for under 11K.....

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...injection.html

Last edited by breecher_7; 03-24-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Sometimes a badge is worth more than the object to which it is attached.

No real point in fighting about it.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Default Warning to all......

Guys, guys, guys......

This is REALLY stupid. Can't we have at least ONE thread where MEN don't get their panties in a bunch?

Next punch pulled on another member gets banned from CorvetteForum. All personal arguers get the hammer......

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-24-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:31 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfnSun

There is only one performance shop that I know of that has engineered, patented, and manufactured their own supercharger. There is only one which GM has trusted enough to give a factory RPO on two different generations of Corvette. Rick Hendrick trusted them to build his 25th Anniversary Camaro. They set the world record for a street legal production car at 254.76mph is 1988. Their C6 demo car has 200k miles and still runs 10.80s 100% emissions legal.

The list could go on....Im curious if anyone's resume stacks up.

Only one has done all of that and more. Callaway
Thanks - we've been innovators, pioneers, and builders of the World's fastest cars for decades, which retain their civility, reliability, drivability, and 50 State emissions compliance. All backed by the ONLY Powertrain Warranty worth more than its paper, supplementing the GM coverage which remains un-blocked. Thanks for your post.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
Rick Hendrick trusted them to build his 25th Anniversary Camaro.

We built Rick Hendrick an 8 Second C6 Z06
Old 03-27-2015, 04:54 PM
ASASSN
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What matters!

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
We built Rick Hendrick an 8 Second C6 Z06
What matters when you are trying to find the best of the best. Because there is an answer. There is one that is a notch above the rest. And it is the one in the same that GM recognizes to the leader. Late Model Racecraft. They stay in constant communication with the head of GM Performance Parts and get to have the brain to pick of the head aero engineer from GM. I think if Jamie Meyer were to mod his Vette it would be at LMR. Now, of ALL the shops listed to this point. What competes with those acalades??
The following users liked this post:
Late Model Racecraft (10-02-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To POLL: Top 3 PERFORMANCE SHOPS in USA????

Old 03-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Originally Posted by ASASSN
What matters when you are trying to find the best of the best. Because there is an answer. There is one that is a notch above the rest. And it is the one in the same that GM recognizes to the leader. Late Model Racecraft. They stay in constant communication with the head of GM Performance Parts and get to have the brain to pick of the head aero engineer from GM. I think if Jamie Meyer were to mod his Vette it would be at LMR. Now, of ALL the shops listed to this point. What competes with those acalades??
Well, even though your entire post is opinion, LMR is a good shop.

Who competes on the same level? Katech (might be a higher level), Vengeance, Livernoise, Lingenfelter, LG Motorsports, ECS, etc and that is just for Vette stuff.

If you want you can expand to places like AMS, MTI, Cobb, Switzer, JoTech, Titan, etc etc

There are a lot of very good and reputable shops out there.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson

Who competes on the same level? Katech (might be a higher level), Vengeance, Livernoise, Lingenfelter, LG Motorsports, ECS, etc and that is just for Vette stuff.

If you want you can expand to places like AMS, MTI, Cobb, Switzer, JoTech, Titan, etc etc

It's scary how much I'm agreeing with Higgs these days.

LMR is a great shop (mentioned in my own opinion), but it's sort of improper to state an opinion as fact, as I'm sure they would agree with.

There are several accolades that each shop or company listed here possesses. It comes down to choosing the best fit for each individual.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 PM
ASASSN
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not totally incorrect

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson

Katech........ For sure is on the level. Vengeance as well but, not as long in the tooth and not as rooted as a business or in the community. Lingenfelter, since the old man died it's just body pieces. LG is legit, but they don't have any kind of turn around. And ECS, it's beyond me how they are in conversation. And we are only talking about Vette stuff. Otherwise, take a tour of Titans shop and tell me those other guys are in their league.

Quick Reply: POLL: Top 3 PERFORMANCE SHOPS in USA????