C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POLL: Top 3 PERFORMANCE SHOPS in USA????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 PM
ATOMIC ORANG
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tune

How much is the Tune Cost ? for a 2008 zo6 with a corsa air intake and a Akrapovic exhaust and will it be worth the invested money? Thanks Guys
Old 03-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by ASASSN
Katech........ For sure is on the level. Vengeance as well but, not as long in the tooth and not as rooted as a business or in the community. Lingenfelter, since the old man died it's just body pieces. LG is legit, but they don't have any kind of turn around. And ECS, it's beyond me how they are in conversation. And we are only talking about Vette stuff. Otherwise, take a tour of Titans shop and tell me those other guys are in their league.
all opinion. there is no verifiable way to quantify this conversation which makes it kind of stupid.

this is nothing more than a brand recognition exercise.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

A huge thank you to all of our customers and those who have spoken highly of us! We strive to stay at the top of the GM Performance aftermarket world.
For anything from a simple Cold Air Induction/Dyno Tune to net 50HP, to those wanting 1000+ HP - we offer a variety of packages to fit your needs.

For questions regarding our packages or products, feel free to shoot us an email or give us a call today.

Sales@latemodelracecraft.com
Steven Fereday
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Old 03-28-2015, 10:20 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 760 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
A huge thank you to all of our customers and those who have spoken highly of us! We strive to stay at the top of the GM Performance aftermarket world.
For anything from a simple Cold Air Induction/Dyno Tune to net 50HP, to those wanting 1000+ HP - we offer a variety of packages to fit your needs.

For questions regarding our packages or products, feel free to shoot us an email or give us a call today.

Late Model Racecraft - Beauty, Action and Horsepower (series 1) - YouTube

Sales@latemodelracecraft.com
Steven Fereday
I emailed a top of the line shop here in Florida a few days ago. Zero response. Really ?!? I think they need somebody for emails. As I work online for a living. IDE rather drive to a shop and drop her off vs shipping her off. But, maybe I'm thinking wrong in Florida
Old 03-29-2015, 08:37 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 123sugey
I emailed a top of the line shop here in Florida a few days ago. Zero response. Really ?!? I think they need somebody for emails. As I work online for a living. IDE rather drive to a shop and drop her off vs shipping her off. But, maybe I'm thinking wrong in Florida
depends on that shop, 1 I know is in Dubai at a conference so may be a little out of touch
Old 03-29-2015, 09:16 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I use ECS and the quality of their work and after sale customer support is outstanding. They also just happen to be in my back yard.

If I had unlimited cash, I would not be afraid to have my car modified by Callaway either.

Hennesy left a bad taste in Corvette owners mouths years ago and I have a long memory.

There are also a few hack shops floating around. Two in particular I avoid like the plague. Both have blown up quite a few customer cars trying to get that extra 1/10th from the car. I know of several cases where these guys left customers high-and-dry. I won't mention names as I'm sure this would be deleted within minutes.

Just do your homework. Search the web for customer experience with shops. Don't buy into the snake oil some of these less than stellar vendors push.

In fairness, I have never used Hennesy or the 2 shops I mention above who I think are hacks but have read enough outside this forum to say I personally would never use them. YMMV.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

I may be a little biased, but - Katech / Callaway / Lingenfelter. These are the pinnacle in my opinion and we each have our areas of specialty. Not to discount some other greats that we exchange business with both ways on a regular basis; LG Motorsports, MTI, Guldstrand, RPM, LMR, DRM, Redline, and I hope I'm not leaving anyone out.

Why do I chose Katech/Callaway/Lingenfelter? Each have brought something to the table that nobody else has and have been in business for over 35 years.

Katech, est 1977
Chosen for it's success in professional road racing. The heritage is unbelievable - IROC, Trans Am, IMSA, ALMS, Grand-Am, World Challenge, FIA GT, Dakar, Formula Drift and of course the pinnacle of endurance racing, Le Mans. No other shop listed in this thread has won Le Mans once let alone six times.

Callaway, est 1977
Chosen for it's innovative designs and factory-backed packages. The Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette went 254mph in 1988! That is unheard of for the time and even amazing today. The driver who achieved that speed, ironically, John Lingenfelter.

Lingenfelter, est 1978
Chosen for it's legendary history in drag racing and street car building. Possibly the most recognizable name out of the three by the general public, unless you're a golfer.

What was it about the era of 1977/1978 that bred such legendary companies?

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 03-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
What was it about the era of 1977/1978 that bred such legendary companies?
emissions
The following users liked this post:
Kirito (06-21-2021)
Old 03-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
emissions
It's so true.

The sniffer along with rising gas prices brought that era to a close relatively quickly - certainly before its time!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:16 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I think for me it'd depend what I wanted from the car I've worked with TSP, ECS, VR, and a few local places in the past this is kinda how I feel...

Road Race (likely all-motor) strictly and I want to WIN. OFTEN? - Katech

I want a streetable car with a warranty and have a huge budget? Callaway, LPE

I'm a guy that can do it myself but want to make sure I'm getting quality service? Order parts from ECS/VR/Texas Speed

I want a fast car and have some cash but don't mind a lack of warranty and don't want to do the work myself? ECS/VR

For tuning only I'd consider VR and ECS, but also would add Jeremy Formatto (Fasterproms), or CPR (Cordes Performance Racing) - CPR I add because I've met the owner, Joe, and just really liked talking with the guy (There's something to be said about a business card that doesn't say Owner/Proprietor/Manager/whatever but just says "Enthusiast" - Not something I've forgotten - and also true, Joe will talk cars with anyone for any length of time) - 2 friends have had cars worked on there and they are undeniably fast (1k+ wheel ZR1, one of the first ECS/Novi C7 cars in the country).

I wouldn't go near Hennessey as my memory is pretty long, but that is a personal opinion.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:22 AM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by RideZX6R
I think for me it'd depend what I wanted from the car I've worked with TSP, ECS, VR, and a few local places in the past this is kinda how I feel...

Road Race (likely all-motor) strictly and I want to WIN. OFTEN? - Katech

I want a streetable car with a warranty and have a huge budget? Callaway, LPE

I'm a guy that can do it myself but want to make sure I'm getting quality service? Order parts from ECS/VR/Texas Speed

I want a fast car and have some cash but don't mind a lack of warranty and don't want to do the work myself? ECS/VR

For tuning only I'd consider VR and ECS, but also would add Jeremy Formatto (Fasterproms), or CPR (Cordes Performance Racing) - CPR I add because I've met the owner, Joe, and just really liked talking with the guy (There's something to be said about a business card that doesn't say Owner/Proprietor/Manager/whatever but just says "Enthusiast" - Not something I've forgotten - and also true, Joe will talk cars with anyone for any length of time) - 2 friends have had cars worked on there and they are undeniably fast (1k+ wheel ZR1, one of the first ECS/Novi C7 cars in the country).

I wouldn't go near Hennessey as my memory is pretty long, but that is a personal opinion.

Wow thank's man!!! That really means a lot to me, I had such a great time up in Washington last summer and look forward to coming up again this summer w/ the wife. On the card thing I put that there because that's how I got into this. I flat out love cars, going fast, and helping people live their dreams and realize why they bust their *** at whatever job they have, so they can afford to be apart of this world.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 09-30-2018, 07:32 AM
roxyandme
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgoochds650
Vengeance Racing is who I chose after many emails and phone calls. They were never pushy trying to "sell" me. I had a glitch (LOL!) with my build and the manner which it was handled by the owner confirmed the good impression he had left on me. I very much appreciate being able to communicate directly with them and genuinely believe they care about the happiness of the customer. I know there are other shops that are just as capable of turning out high quality work but I consider the extremely high level of personal customer service from the owner to be rare in the performance industry. My two cents....... Sorry only one shop listed.
I have texted vengeance for a tune that another shop did not do very well. I wanted to get vengeance to retune it but I never heard back . My text may have not gone threw to them. I just don't want to bug them wished they would let me know something.I wished I had taken my car to them first.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:14 PM
Sgoochds650
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind that Vengeance Racing and Vengeance PCM are 2 different businesses. Mike would be who you would talk to at Vengeance PCM.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:35 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Man this one came from the grave for sure..
Old 09-30-2018, 11:02 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

MERAKI AUTOWORKS! lol...

-Josh
Old 09-30-2018, 11:48 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by roxyandme
I have texted vengeance for a tune that another shop did not do very well. I wanted to get vengeance to retune it but I never heard back . My text may have not gone threw to them. I just don't want to bug them wished they would let me know something.I wished I had taken my car to them first.
You "text" them? Try calling or emailing the shop.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:59 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by roxyandme
Sir not sure who you are texting but feel free to give either Robert or I a call at 678-513-7105 or shoot us an email at Sales@VengeanceRacing.net. This is the shop number and not a cell phone. Mikes direct email is Mike@VengeancePCM.com.

Get notified of new replies

To POLL: Top 3 PERFORMANCE SHOPS in USA????

Old 10-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Blast from the past for sure.... Here is one of our latest builds

Old 10-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

As for engine building, I can spec out and build anything as good as any major builder around out of my garage...not just throwing together a package...minus the machining of course.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Ghostnotes
As for engine building, I can spec out and build anything as good as any major builder around out of my garage...not just throwing together a package...minus the machining of course.
You think these top shops just "throw together" these packages?????

Quick Reply: POLL: Top 3 PERFORMANCE SHOPS in USA????