C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a Air intake AFE or Halltech

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:46 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
Marketing teams can claim almost any number they wish...

I would suggest listening more to the other members here. Generally, we'll try to steer you in the correct direction.
Seems there are two types of Dyno's, Race car one's and tuner one's, buyer beware.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:19 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Halltech is going to be releasing a composite/ NON-Carbon Fiber intake that is around $600. Same design, cheaper materials... for those who are frugal and don't need the Carbon Fiber look... (like me...)
Old 03-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

If you really think you are going to notice a difference between the two aside from the carbon fiber material on the Halltech, you are being misled. Haltech offers performance and appearance and AFE offers performance. Whether the price difference is worth the appearance difference is up to you.

I run the AFE and Texas Speed headers. There was a time when I only bought the most expensive mods (my C5Z had a Halltech intake and ARH headers) but I realized the extra 2 hp wasn't worth double the price.

Call me cheap if you want but the results are there and they put the same engine in the C7 in the 1500 truck....or is it the truck engine in the Vette? Who knows. ;-) These aren't Ferraris. Before you know it your C7 will be worth 25K and it doesn't matter if it has a Halltech or an AFE, the buyer will wish it had a stock intake.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 03-25-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:41 PM
Nicholoso
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Seannyc
Which is a better intake for performance
I may potentially put my halltech up for sale. ECS Supercharger utlizes the factory airbox so I won't be able to use it anymore. Only had it on for a 2500 miles.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicholoso
I may potentially put my halltech up for sale. ECS Supercharger utlizes the factory airbox so I won't be able to use it anymore. Only had it on for a 2500 miles.

Sorry didn't see your post how much are you willing to give it up for
Old 04-03-2015, 03:42 PM
OthmanAlJ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean whenever you come to a decision let me know, the halltech cf one is really something else but i dont know if its really worth the extra few 100 since most of the modded c7s ive seen/read about on here have the afe
Old 04-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by OthmanAlJ
Sean whenever you come to a decision let me know, the halltech cf one is really something else but i dont know if its really worth the extra few 100 since most of the modded c7s ive seen/read about on here have the afe
I'm interested give me a price and I'll let u know Thanks

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a Air intake AFE or Halltech