C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My UPR Catch Can Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:09 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Default My UPR Catch Can Review

Had the opportunity to visit UPR in Florida and bought one of their UPR Catchcan Systems for the C7.

This is a great setup- all PLUG and PLAY with quick fittings, the only thing you need to modify is the intake tube for a vacuum port for additional evac. Even the dry sump modification uses the OE line and just moves it to the breather. The can itself is a quality piece and has baffles and ports internal for separation and is fully capable of coming apart to clean if needed. I did not have any residue in my factory intake at 2400 miles, but I will feel better now that this is keeping my engine clean.
Attached Images       
Old 03-23-2015, 06:10 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

more pics
Attached Images       
Old 03-25-2015, 10:14 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

I have the same system on myZ51. It was the first thing I did when I got my Vette home from my dealer. Mine is all anodized black. Quick connect fittings sold me on this. Every performance vehicle needs a catch can, and they are absolutely necessary on every D.I. engine!
Old 03-25-2015, 10:37 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I have a UPR can on mine as well and love it---But it is a different model--Mine only has 2 outlets and yours has 3----What is that 3rd one for ? I was under the impression it is used on supercharged applications only --Mine is the base model non Z51--
Old 03-26-2015, 08:58 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

its added evac under WOT. perhaps UPR will post here soon too
Old 03-27-2015, 08:48 AM
0UPR Products
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPR Dual Valve Catch Can benefits on a NA Corvette

Originally Posted by tblu92
I have a UPR can on mine as well and love it---But it is a different model--Mine only has 2 outlets and yours has 3----What is that 3rd one for ? I was under the impression it is used on supercharged applications only --Mine is the base model non Z51--
The UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System is beneficial as it offers the second port to be utilized for balancing the vacuum and giving it a smoother, more even and less erratic vacuum source. This has resulted in a nice improvement to the efficiency of the oil separation / oil control through the PCV system allowing it to experience less vacuum interruptions.

When protecting such an important investment it's always better to put a better system in place. This will only reward you even more in the long run as well.

BTW, this was a great write-up and install by Clint. Thank you for sharing your installation with all of us.

Joe

Last edited by UPR Products; 03-27-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:03 PM
jackhofmann
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UPR Products
The UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System is beneficial as it offers the second port to be utilized for balancing the vacuum and giving it a smoother, more even and less erratic vacuum source. This has resulted in a nice improvement to the efficiency of the oil separation / oil control through the PCV system allowing it to experience less vacuum interruptions.

When protecting such an important investment it's always better to put a better system in place. This will only reward you even more in the long run as well.

BTW, this was a great write-up and install by Clint. Thank you for sharing your installation with all of us.

Joe
Joe i ordered the single valve catch can for my 2014 c7 non-Z51
(5030-96)and one of the hoses that was sent is too short(the hose
with the check valve).I have been trying to get this resolved for a
month can you help me out?

Thanks,
Jack
Old 03-27-2015, 02:28 PM
0UPR Products
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jackhofmann
Joe i ordered the single valve catch can for my 2014 c7 non-Z51
(5030-96)and one of the hoses that was sent is too short(the hose
with the check valve).I have been trying to get this resolved for a
month can you help me out?

Thanks,
Jack
Jack,

Send me a picture of it at my email and I will get a replacement out today. I'm sorry that is not acceptable...

email: catchcanstore@gmail.com

Thank you, Joe
Old 03-27-2015, 03:07 PM
jackhofmann
Intermediate

Jack,

Send me a picture of it at my email and I will get a replacement out today. I'm sorry that is not acceptable...

Thank you, Joe
Pictures sent to email address,thanks
Old 03-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhofmann
Pictures sent to email address,thanks
I had the same issue. I provided pictures via email today and already received notification that they are getting me a new hose in the mail.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:04 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Jack,

Thank you, Joe
Mine appeared to be a little short as well But I realized that these are "push on" fittings and seal very well with only a small surface connection --They won't ever pull off without tearing the hose- a 1/4 inch off was no big deal to me-- Any hose with push on fittings needs to be warm when installed to allow it to stretch----I love the clean factory look of the fittings---NO Clamps !!!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
Mine appeared to be a little short as well But I realized that these are "push on" fittings and seal very well with only a small surface connection --They won't ever pull off without tearing the hose- a 1/4 inch off was no big deal to me-- Any hose with push on fittings needs to be warm when installed to allow it to stretch----I love the clean factory look of the fittings---NO Clamps !!!
My hose was roughly 2" short.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite275
My hose was roughly 2" short.
Same here. Talked to Brian today; he's shipping a new hose with the length I requested.

Seems to be a recent problem, but they have handled it we'll so far. Brian was a pleasure to talk to, and agreed to have the new hose made to the length I requested. We'll have to wait and see how it goes from here

Ed
Old 03-28-2015, 12:22 PM
lsp408
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went ahead bought some nylon braided 3/8 hose and took care of the hose too short issue.

The removal of straight connector was a pain in the azz for sure.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:10 AM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

I wanted to ask a a question on a catch can thread.

So I understand why people are using them, but for someone who does not care about the long term of my engine. Is this really necessary ? I would only put one on if my car will see a performance decrease while i have ownership. I dont care about the next guy who buys the car. being down on power is really annoying to me.

at what point does the PCV system start to screw up the engine(power wise) ? like how many miles ? I am looking to probably put around 40k miles on my corvette then get rid of it.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:09 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
but for someone who does not care about the long term of my engine. Is this really necessary ?
Nope.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:42 AM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 198 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
I wanted to ask a a question on a catch can thread.

So I understand why people are using them, but for someone who does not care about the long term of my engine. Is this really necessary ? I would only put one on if my car will see a performance decrease while i have ownership. I dont care about the next guy who buys the car. being down on power is really annoying to me.

at what point does the PCV system start to screw up the engine(power wise) ? like how many miles ? I am looking to probably put around 40k miles on my corvette then get rid of it.
I too, dont keep my cars very long...but with this one...who knows...I just ordered a UPR catch can for my 15' Z51...JUST FOR PIECE OF MIND. A small investment considering the price of the car. But anither maintenance item for me to handle...I'm used to driving my car in to dealer and driving out for any repairs or maintenance items. Hope when I sell, the next owner appreciates my efforts!

Get notified of new replies

To My UPR Catch Can Review

Old 03-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by trumanjd1
Hope when I sell, the next owner appreciates my efforts!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Yellow
Same here. Talked to Brian today; he's shipping a new hose with the length I requested.

Seems to be a recent problem, but they have handled it we'll so far. Brian was a pleasure to talk to, and agreed to have the new hose made to the length I requested. We'll have to wait and see how it goes from here

Ed
Received the new hose yesterday, and installed the can today.

Ed

Old 04-07-2015, 07:34 AM
jackhofmann
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Old Yellow
Received the new hose yesterday, and installed the can today.

Ed

Looks good.....having the same problem with my 2014 non-Z51 corvette.
What are the lengths you requested for the new hoses? thanks.

Quick Reply: My UPR Catch Can Review