C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL after supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 03:58 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Replace that sensor that I replaced and see where that gets us? It's cheap and easy. It's right under / behind the throttle body basically. You can get a good look at it from the passenger side looking from a side.

Let's see if it's a temp / pressure combo...my gut says yes.

Originally Posted by C7BB
Crazy stuff... Yeah, I meant oil temp gauge. I checked the pigtail on the switch/sensor/sending unit whatever it is called these days on the passenger side of car in sump. (Wet sump motor) it has 3 harnesses coming into one pigtail that plugs into this sensor. I followed all 3 sets of wires up til I could not reach anymore and nothing out of the ordinary seemed wrong. It's far enough back on the motor I don't see them having to mess with it to install the supercharger. Funny thing is, no one seems to know why it isn't working anymore, or even where the oil temp sensor is? One person said he thought it was under the intake manifold... Who knows? Anyway, mystery continues.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:05 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Where'd you get it? From Classic? I can't get that thread to post up to read what it says... I'd like to think it's that easy to fix this issue. I appreciate the info.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:10 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Where'd you get it? From Classic? I can't get that thread to post up to read what it says... I'd like to think it's that easy to fix this issue. I appreciate the info.
Yea I got it from classic. Here is the sensor right here:

Old 03-31-2015, 04:05 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C7&7
Yea I got it from classic. Here is the sensor right here:

Cool. Thanks for that. Great pic that shows the location. I'll check it out.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:10 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Any updates on the sensor C7BB?
Old 04-03-2015, 11:49 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Any updates on the sensor C7BB?

Not yet... I'm going to replace that sensor noted in the pic, hopefully that will fix it. I'll keep you posted. I sent you a pm back yesterday too.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:47 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Here's the car... Post supercharger install and new Forgelines.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:47 PM
perfcalz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's possible that the Oil Temp config switch got changed when they were tuning your car. I've seen it before.

Have your tuner compare the setting vs. your stock file and you may find it's not set correct. The setting varies between dry and wet sump cars...
Old 04-07-2015, 03:49 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by perfcalz
It's possible that the Oil Temp config switch got changed when they were tuning your car. I've seen it before.

Have your tuner compare the setting vs. your stock file and you may find it's not set correct. The setting varies between dry and wet sump cars...
I have no idea, but I will most definitely ask him to take a look at it. I appreciate the feedback on this issue.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:35 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Just got a reply back from the tuner, he said that's not something he's ever touched and wasn't even sure if it was available on HPT... I'm still gonna try to replace that switch/sensor by the throttle body that another forum member suggested and try that. So, for now, no go on the fix. Appreciate any other thoughts or ideas.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:40 AM
perfcalz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a reply back from the tuner, he said that's not something he's ever touched and wasn't even sure if it was available on HPT... I'm still gonna try to replace that switch/sensor by the throttle body that another forum member suggested and try that. So, for now, no go on the fix. Appreciate any other thoughts or ideas.
Right on, only suggested it because if he started with a file from another car it could of already been changed. They are different between the dry and wet sump cars. Also, it's in HPT, screenshot attached.

Hoping you get it resolved quickly.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:21 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Right on, only suggested it because if he started with a file from another car it could of already been changed. They are different between the dry and wet sump cars. Also, it's in HPT, screenshot attached.

I really appreciate your input here. I'll relay that screenshot. I hope it's that simple of a fix. I'll keep ya posted.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:29 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

I owe you a beer!!!! Your post and screenshot fixed my car!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to send that. I forwarded that screenshot to my tuner and he looked at it on my original tune and made the necessary change and... Problem solved!!! I knew it had to be something simple but obviously I didn't know what. Again, thank you for that!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:28 PM
officermartinez
Pro

That's great! Glad to hear your issue has now been resolved! Can't wait to see your car in person.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:33 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

That's great! Glad to hear your issue has now been resolved! Can't wait to see your car in person.
Thanks man! Yeah, I sent you a pm... Very happy this resolved my issue. Hopefully, we can get together soon to get some pics of our cars. Talk soon.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

well done, perf calz!

Get notified of new replies

To CEL after supercharger install

Old 04-20-2015, 09:46 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Thanks man! Yeah, I sent you a pm... Very happy this resolved my issue. Hopefully, we can get together soon to get some pics of our cars. Talk soon.
Greatness! BTW, I sent you a PM reply. Do you have any upcoming free Sundays to meet up? Should be fun meeting up with another local forced induction Stingray owner
Old 04-21-2015, 12:15 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Greatness! BTW, I sent you a PM reply. Do you have any upcoming free Sundays to meet up? Should be fun meeting up with another local forced induction Stingray owner
Anytime... Next nice clear day we have we can make it happen. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:04 PM
prince8619
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I had the same CEL code come up today after like 5 hard pulls at 95F. Ive been tuned and driving for 5 days and didn't have any issues. Went to Auto zone and they cleared the CEL. I hope it doesn't come bk. Besides that, car drives like a monster.

Last edited by prince8619; 07-04-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: CEL after supercharger install