C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL after supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:56 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Default CEL after supercharger install

Ok... Last week I picked up my newly supercharged car. All was right in my world on the drive home. Next day, drove it to work, no problems. Started it to come home, CEL illuminated. WTF?!?!?! I go buy a code reader after I discussed with tuner, it's a generic code P2230, barometric pressure sensor erratic. Sidebar, the oil temp gauge isn't working either, curious if anyone knows what could've happened with that as well? No one seems to know why the oil temp gauge isn't working now, but it isn't and it should be!!!
I would like some help from anyone who might know why I'm throwing this P2230 code everyday now? I've reset the CEL daily for the past couple of days, and I gotta tell ya, I'm stressed out about it. The tuner doesn't think it's a big deal... I DO!!! I've reached out to Andy at A&A as well, waiting for a reply from him. Please, if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:07 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 864 Likes on 601 Posts

Exact same thing happened to my car like 5 minutes after I picked it up. My tuner made a quick tune change and it cleared up. Talk to Andy. It's a simple fix and your tuner needs to fix it. It's basically an error because of an increase of pressure obviously.

Also the oil temp thing I had a similar issue as well. Shoot me a pm and we can maybe chat over the phone.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I had a codes for Baro and Random Misfire AND my oil temp gauge didn't work after I installed my headers and AFE intake.

Problem.....I plugged my O2 sensors into the wrong sides. Switched them back and all is good.

Usually when the Baro code comes up and the O2 sensors are correct the code either needs to be disabled or the range of error increased in the tune. I really doubt you have a mechanical issue.

The MAF holds the sensor for airmass, intake air temp, and barometric pressure.
The following users liked this post:
Patrick Runge (02-23-2016)
Old 03-25-2015, 11:02 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
I had a codes for Baro and Random Misfire AND my oil temp gauge didn't work after I installed my headers and AFE intake.

Problem.....I plugged my O2 sensors into the wrong sides. Switched them back and all is good.

Usually when the Baro code comes up and the O2 sensors are correct the code either needs to be disabled or the range of error increased in the tune. I really doubt you have a mechanical issue.

The MAF holds the sensor for airmass, intake air temp, and barometric pressure.
Thanks Higgs, your knowledge is always appreciated. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one this has happened to, and it sounds like it might be an easy fix.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:27 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by C7BB
Thanks Higgs, your knowledge is always appreciated. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one this has happened to, and it sounds like it might be an easy fix.
Hey! Get that car of yours back down to the tuner and be sure to have it back soon. I'm itching to get together after mine gets back from LG Motorsports, to do a photo shoot with ya. What's better than ONE supercharged C7? TWO supercharged C7's.. LOL!
Old 03-25-2015, 12:38 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Hey! Get that car of yours back down to the tuner and be sure to have it back soon. I'm itching to get together after mine gets back from LG Motorsports, to do a photo shoot with ya. What's better than ONE supercharged C7? TWO supercharged C7's.. LOL!
You know it!!! Yeah, I'm discovering it's a minor issue that doesn't effect the drivability so I'm calming down a little. I can't wait to see your car after it gets back from LG! Should be a beast. Absolutely looking forward to our photo shoot.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

How many miles after the install did it take to trigger the CEL? So you contacted the tuner at the shop that installed the supercharger, and they cannot rectify it, or you have not taken it in as of yet? Please keep us posted on what Andy says. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2015, 01:49 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Translator
How many miles after the install did it take to trigger the CEL? So you contacted the tuner at the shop that installed the supercharger, and they cannot rectify it, or you have not taken it in as of yet? Please keep us posted on what Andy says. Thanks!
Got an email from the tuner and Andy both today... Problem is going to be rectified by turning off the bit in the pcm. As for the loss of oil temp reading... Well that's still the great mystery.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:01 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Got an email from the tuner and Andy both today... Problem is going to be rectified by turning off the bit in the pcm. As for the loss of oil temp reading... Well that's still the great mystery.
Thanks. What is the "bit" in the PCM? How many miles did it take to trigger the CEL after the install? I assume that they maybe did not connect the oil temp. sensor after the install? To me that is a huge thing, because I always monitor both my oil and coolant temps.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:42 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Translator
Thanks. What is the "bit" in the PCM? How many miles did it take to trigger the CEL after the install? I assume that they maybe did not connect the oil temp. sensor after the install? To me that is a huge thing, because I always monitor both my oil and coolant temps.
I was told they just need to disable the map sensor/barometric pressure sensor in the pcm. As far as the oil temp sensor not working, that's s big deal to me too. I'm super **** about all my stuff working on my car, especially since it's a fairly new car. 12k miles. It's a process... I'll get it corrected.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

The oil temp sensor reading is somehow correlated to the Baro code. It should start working again once that code is cleared.

BTW, they don't disable the sensor, just the error code reporting.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

^^^Higgs always comes to the rescue...
Old 03-25-2015, 03:30 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

The oil temp sensor reading is somehow correlated to the Baro code. It should start working again once that code is cleared.

BTW, they don't disable the sensor, just the error code reporting.
Clear as mud. Ha! Again, thank you for the info and clarification. Much appreciated
Old 03-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

We are all **** retentive, so you are not alone, LOL
Old 03-27-2015, 11:31 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Default Cel

I got the barometric pressure sensor code cleared permanently today, however, the oil temp gauge still isn't working! WTF? I can't figure out why adding a supercharger and tune causes gauges to stop working? Anyway, still looking for an answer if anyone has an idea. Btw... I called the dealer to see if there was a software update to rectify this lil snafu and they say nothing they know of. Thanks in advance for any ideas or info.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

I got the barometric pressure sensor code cleared permanently today, however, the oil temp gauge still isn't working! WTF? I can't figure out why adding a supercharger and tune causes gauges to stop working? Anyway, still looking for an answer if anyone has an idea. Btw... I called the dealer to see if there was a software update to rectify this lil snafu and they say nothing they know of. Thanks in advance for any ideas or info.
time to start checking your sensor plugs on the harness. get a flashlight and poke around. you can also try disconnecting your battery in your trunk overnight or if you know how to drain power from the system (not the battery) with it disconnected do that. you can ground the system.

sorry to hear it didn't start working, mine stopped until I fixed my code.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Hmmmm.... Didn't Higgs say that both issues most likely were related to one another? The only other thing that I can think of is if they did not re-plug the sensor? Does the supercharger installation require the unplugging of the sensor?

Get notified of new replies

To CEL after supercharger install

Old 03-27-2015, 11:45 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

time to start checking your sensor plugs on the harness. get a flashlight and poke around. you can also try disconnecting your battery in your trunk overnight or if you know how to drain power from the system (not the battery) with it disconnected do that. you can ground the system.

sorry to hear it didn't start working, mine stopped until I fixed my code.
I was gonna actually pm you... You seem to have a very good grasp on the issue. I have disconnected to battery, checked the oil pressure sensor and pigtail located on the passenger side of the sump/oil pan, and also checked the fuse (#39) for that function. I'm at a loss here.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:44 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 864 Likes on 601 Posts

I was gonna actually pm you... You seem to have a very good grasp on the issue. I have disconnected to battery, checked the oil pressure sensor and pigtail located on the passenger side of the sump/oil pan, and also checked the fuse (#39) for that function. I'm at a loss here.
Hey dude. You say you checked the oil pressure sensor? Assuming you meant the oil temp sensor? My question is are they one of the same? Or are they different, because take a look at my thread below. This is the oil pressure sensor I had issues with and ended up having to replace. If you're confident you know where the oil temp sensor is just replace it. This oil pressure sensor was a $35 part. Great news about getting the cel cleared.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3615690-oil-pressure.html
Old 03-29-2015, 03:46 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C7&7
Hey dude. You say you checked the oil pressure sensor? Assuming you meant the oil temp sensor? My question is are they one of the same? Or are they different, because take a look at my thread below. This is the oil pressure sensor I had issues with and ended up having to replace. If you're confident you know where the oil temp sensor is just replace it. This oil pressure sensor was a $35 part. Great news about getting the cel cleared.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3615690-oil-pressure.html
Crazy stuff... Yeah, I meant oil temp gauge. I checked the pigtail on the switch/sensor/sending unit whatever it is called these days on the passenger side of car in sump. (Wet sump motor) it has 3 harnesses coming into one pigtail that plugs into this sensor. I followed all 3 sets of wires up til I could not reach anymore and nothing out of the ordinary seemed wrong. It's far enough back on the motor I don't see them having to mess with it to install the supercharger. Funny thing is, no one seems to know why it isn't working anymore, or even where the oil temp sensor is? One person said he thought it was under the intake manifold... Who knows? Anyway, mystery continues.

Quick Reply: CEL after supercharger install