C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranmission Failure (LS7)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 02:50 PM
hdestry
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranmission Failure (LS7)

Hello,

I have had two engine failures in my 07' C6 Z06 corvette very recent within the past year. The first one came when a cylinder head dropped causing engine failure which was replaced by and covered under warranty. The second failure came from internal engine failure sending of low oil pressure warnings and GM told the dealer replacing it to send the motor back and they will replace it. With that being disclosed, recently my transmission went out while driving the car 250 miles. When i had another dealer to analyze the reason it failed, they said that there was no transmission fluid in the transmission. I reviewed the paper work from the last two engine installation and i noticed that the transmission fluid was never added. My questions are, when removing and installing the new motor (LS7) does it require disconnecting transmission and draining fluids? Also with two engine installations, could this be a dealer fault as to why my transmission has failed due to very low fluids? The dealer where the car is now refilled the transmission checking for leaks and there where none discovered.

Thanks,
all suggestions and inquires are welcome.

Last edited by hdestry; 03-25-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmmm... If you have a C7 Z06, it has the LT4 engine in it. The C6 Z06 had the LS7. Two completely different engines. Which one is it?
Old 03-25-2015, 03:17 PM
hdestry
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Translator
Hmmm... If you have a C7 Z06, it has the LT4 engine in it. The C6 Z06 had the LS7. Two completely different engines. Which one is it?

-sorry, its a C6 Z06 which has the LS7 motor
Old 03-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

In this case, you may want to ask the moderators to move your thread to the C6 Z06 or TECH section.

Get notified of new replies

To Tranmission Failure (LS7)

Quick Reply: Tranmission Failure (LS7)