C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues since being tuned

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Issues since being tuned

Ok, as posted in the E85 build thread I received my car back from the tuner last weekend. Since then I've now experienced two issues and am hoping for feedback.

1. When sitting at idle several times and rev the engine (You know you get the car back and of course everyone wants to hear it) the throttle either hangs or continues to climb after I let off. So I either blip or stomp on the gas a little bit and then it will stay at a certain RPM or gradually continue up the RPM range to the point where I shut the car down so it doesn't start bouncing off the rev limiter.

2. I was on my way to the track last night to get a couple passes in. On the way there, the highway was shut down to one lane and I got stuck in stop and go traffic for 35-45 minutes. I experienced the same message as FYREANT in his overheating thread about the AC shutting down and my temp was in the red hovering 255. I have a 160 tstat installed and prior to this ran very cool. Once I got moving the temp dropped significantly back into normal range and then once at the strip in line waiting to get in it started overheating again and I shut it down. I didn't get out of the car, but couldn't hear the fan obnoxiously loud or anything.

I let the car sit for 45 minutes or more. I checked the coolant reservoir and that was normal. I then started the car again and let it run for 10 minutes and temp still under 220. So I put the AC on max and let it run another 10 min idling and temp still just under 220. I was waiting to see if it would overheat to see if the fans were kicking on or to determine if I could tell if the tstat was functioning properly and it appeared fine. Drive home was fine as well and needless to say I didn't run the car at the track. Never threw any codes.

Any ideas? I'll check things again this morning, but of course supposed to rain all day.

A recap of the mods:
160 Tstat
Ported Intake
Ported TB
TSP longtubes
aFE CAI
UPR catch can
tune

Last edited by Elite275; 04-25-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:08 AM
robertf97
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you should get another tuner.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:29 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Did your tuner make any changes related to when the fan comes on? I topped off my reservoir to allow the system to burp and it hasn't happened to me again at this point. Though its only been a week. May want to try that for now.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

do you have access to your tune? send it to me and I will have a look
Old 04-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Did your tuner make any changes related to when the fan comes on? I topped off my reservoir to allow the system to burp and it hasn't happened to me again at this point. Though its only been a week. May want to try that for now.
I'm not sure if he made any changes or not. I changed the oil this morning, checked the other fluids, burped the system and went for a drive. I tooled around stop and go sitting periodically and then let it run in my driveway idle for another 20 min and everything was normal. Got out and the fan was running as well. So I took the route you did as well and all is good at the moment.

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
do you have access to your tune? send it to me and I will have a look
I'll have to see. I emailed the tuner about some other cosmetic issues where the sensor plugged into the ECU and haven't heard back. Scratched the side skirt and misaligned the fender to where the passenger door was clipping the fender. I got most of that realigned yesterday. I think my car was rushed out and I'm dealing with the fallout which is totally out of character for this tuner who I previously recommended strongly and only had planned on tuning my cars. It may be time to get HP Tuners so I can data log and do things on my own. My neighbor has it so I could potentially see about buying credits for his license. Thanks for the offer to assist and I'll certainly follow up if I obtain access to the tune file.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:42 PM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Your neighbor can download a copy of your tune without using credits. Then send it to Higgs. Credits will be needed if you try to upload changes that Higgs may make. $100 worth of credits is a VERY cheap way to get a good tune.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:54 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Elite275
I'm not sure if he made any changes or not. I changed the oil this morning, checked the other fluids, burped the system and went for a drive. I tooled around stop and go sitting periodically and then let it run in my driveway idle for another 20 min and everything was normal. Got out and the fan was running as well. So I took the route you did as well and all is good at the moment.
Glad to hear that it is working out for now!

Originally Posted by jim2092
Your neighbor can download a copy of your tune without using credits. Then send it to Higgs. Credits will be needed if you try to upload changes that Higgs may make. $100 worth of credits is a VERY cheap way to get a good tune.
^^This. Good recommendation.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:47 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Thanks for all of the information guys!
Old 04-25-2015, 03:07 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

The tuner must have not looked at my tune file too much or you wouldn't be having issues.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by T/A KID
The tuner must have not looked at my tune file too much or you wouldn't be having issues.
Correct...he ran a quick compare when I got up there and asked him if he reviewed the file, but he hadn't looked prior to my arrival.

Get notified of new replies

To Issues since being tuned

Quick Reply: Issues since being tuned