C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods with Non Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 01:23 AM
NZC7
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mods with Non Tuning

Hi,

As time goes by, many will ask these Q's. I do know many have been asked before, but not all as one package. Would it be useful to sticky this so it can be added to as different people try different mods and wish to (hopefully) report success with them.

Tuning is hard where I live, and ATM no one is capable or willing to do LT series motors. As such, it would be nice to know what mods can be completed without any additional tune. Note I personally would not do all of these, but may wish to do some, and probably one at a time, due to difficulty in sourcing parts.

Which of the following can be installed with no possibility of throwing codes? Answers from knowledgeable vendors who know which of their products will work with no tune would be most welcome - note not many of you actually state tune or not with any of your advertising info., which I take as you assume WILL need additional tuning.

1. Cold air intake

2. Throttle body / MAF

3. Headers - mid length with front cats / O2 sensors

4. Headers - long tube - can they still reliably utilise front cats / O2 sensors?

5. XPipe with front cat forward, delete cats behind.

6. Behind axle exhaust - removing NPP and V4? (using Range Tech V4 defeat)

Anyone else want to add more Q's?

Last edited by NZC7; 04-27-2015 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:15 AM
jerry07dx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1=no tune
2=tune
3= waste of money, no tune
4=tune
5=tune
6=no tune
Old 04-27-2015, 08:22 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

I'm sure that others will disagree, but my personal opinion is that any mod that doesn't require a tune will result in such a minor improvement that you'd never notice it (other than by the placebo effect).
Old 04-27-2015, 08:35 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by jerry07dx
1=no tune
2=tune
3= waste of money, no tune
4=tune
5=tune
6=no tune
Originally Posted by meyerweb
I'm sure that others will disagree, but my personal opinion is that any mod that doesn't require a tune will result in such a minor improvement that you'd never notice it (other than by the placebo effect).
with both answers.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:09 AM
tyho
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by NZC7
Hi,

As time goes by, many will ask these Q's. I do know many have been asked before, but not all as one package. Would it be useful to sticky this so it can be added to as different people try different mods and wish to (hopefully) report success with them.

Tuning is hard where I live, and ATM no one is capable or willing to do LT series motors. As such, it would be nice to know what mods can be completed without any additional tune. Note I personally would not do all of these, but may wish to do some, and probably one at a time, due to difficulty in sourcing parts.

Which of the following can be installed with no possibility of throwing codes? Answers from knowledgeable vendors who know which of their products will work with no tune would be most welcome - note not many of you actually state tune or not with any of your advertising info., which I take as you assume WILL need additional tuning.

1. Cold air intake

2. Throttle body / MAF

3. Headers - mid length with front cats / O2 sensors

4. Headers - long tube - can they still reliably utilise front cats / O2 sensors?

5. XPipe with front cat forward, delete cats behind.

6. Behind axle exhaust - removing NPP and V4? (using Range Tech V4 defeat)

Anyone else want to add more Q's?
1 No tune
2 Not done
3 Done, no tune, I like the end result
4 not done
5 not done
6 Done, good result, no tune.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:44 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

1. Added AFE, felt some HP and sounded great. Took it off because I thought the car was sold and it was boring. Put it back on was noticeable. Good investment IMO.

2. Ported TB from WeaponX. Tip in was crisper, and that was about all she wrote. Do feel this will be a good investment if you plan to get aggressive later (trying hard as hell to stay off the Procharger site).

3. N/A.

4. N/A.

5. Corsa double X, not sure about any SOP, but adds some nice tones to the exhaust, worth the $$$.

6. Diablew tune- Bingo!!! You send him logs after your mods and he does a custom tune (using the Diablo Intune it is warranty friendly because you load your stock tune before you bring it back to the dealer for any service). Car was just OK stock, now with the above mentioned mods she barks hard in 1st and 2nd and pulls all the way through third...

Get notified of new replies

To Mods with Non Tuning

Quick Reply: Mods with Non Tuning