C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Here Has Sprayed Their C7

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default Who Here Has Sprayed Their C7

I am looking for opinions from those that have ran nitrous on their C7's. How big of a shot? What supporting mods? Spark plugs? How much power / ET difference did you see?

Anybody have any creative way for mounting the bottle other than drilling holes in the hatch? I was thinking of trying to use the targa roof mounting locations to snap a custom bracket in.

I ordered a Nitrous Express kit and an Intune to retard timing, planning to run about 150-175 shot max.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:39 PM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Subbed as I'm interested in the replies.

Planning to do nitrous possibly this off season once the forged internals get installed next month. Already have the ECS recommended trio of mods

Hope you get your answer
Old 04-27-2015, 10:25 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

I've been thinking about doing nitrous on my car. I have always done FI on my cars, but I run E85 and I'm 12.1 CR now and boost will put me at the limits of the fuel system without other modifications.

For 150 or less I would do 1 step colder anything more may have to go another step and just do some Plug reading. I've seen Vengence and some other shops do some cool nitrous setups. I now Nitrous Outlet makes a very nice standalone that fits in the compartment in the carpet in the hatch (totally hidden)

10mm I am trying to think of bottle mounting options as well without drilling. I thought about right behind the passenger seat with the bottle valve angled toward me so I can just reach over and turn on the bottle, plus I would still have room for my targa top. Only downside though is I would have to drill.

I know NX and Nitrous outlet both make really nice TB Plate kits. If someone wanted to a hide a system it would be pretty easy to do a Direct Port under the intake manifold, I took the foam piece out below the intake and there is room for it.

IF you wanted to tie into the factory fuel system (No standalone) seems like the rear pump is good for around 800rwhp so fuel supply shouldn't be an issue. You would have to tap into the low pressure side which would be easy since you can do that right at the driver side valve cover before it goes to the mechanical pump.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:17 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by T/A KID
I've been thinking about doing nitrous on my car. I have always done FI on my cars, but I run E85 and I'm 12.1 CR now and boost will put me at the limits of the fuel system without other modifications.

For 150 or less I would do 1 step colder anything more may have to go another step and just do some Plug reading. I've seen Vengence and some other shops do some cool nitrous setups. I now Nitrous Outlet makes a very nice standalone that fits in the compartment in the carpet in the hatch (totally hidden)

10mm I am trying to think of bottle mounting options as well without drilling. I thought about right behind the passenger seat with the bottle valve angled toward me so I can just reach over and turn on the bottle, plus I would still have room for my targa top. Only downside though is I would have to drill.

I know NX and Nitrous outlet both make really nice TB Plate kits. If someone wanted to a hide a system it would be pretty easy to do a Direct Port under the intake manifold, I took the foam piece out below the intake and there is room for it.

IF you wanted to tie into the factory fuel system (No standalone) seems like the rear pump is good for around 800rwhp so fuel supply shouldn't be an issue. You would have to tap into the low pressure side which would be easy since you can do that right at the driver side valve cover before it goes to the mechanical pump.
Yeah the NX kit supposedly comes with a T for the fuel line that requires no cutting.

Since I don't plan on doing any other mods I think the fuel system should support a 150 shot no problem.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:02 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

I've got an ECS 1500 strapped to my C7. I've also got the ECS alky meth control installed with 100% VP M1 methanol. Does nitrous play well with 93 gasoline, M1 methanol? I'm at 662 rwhp and was curious if a 150 shot would be harmful to a stock block. 662 + 150 = 812. Recipe for disaster on a stock block?
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by officermartinez
I've got an ECS 1500 strapped to my C7. I've also got the ECS alky meth control installed with 100% VP M1 methanol. Does nitrous play well with 93 gasoline, M1 methanol? I'm at 662 rwhp and was curious if a 150 shot would be harmful to a stock block. 662 + 150 = 812. Recipe for disaster on a stock block?
If you already have a blower and meth you should be able to make more than 662 rwhp. It would be smarter for you to do some supporting mods to let you run more boost and you could make almost 800 I bet.

If I'm being honest nothing plays well with 93 octane, it can work and it often does but there is always a risk involved with pump 93. The meth helps a lot, but good octane fuel is the best way to go if you want to make big power with FI. I never understood why people will pay 40-70k for a car, 10k+ for blower and engine mods, but they think $8/gal is preposterous for fuel for it. Especially when they drive it a small number of miles.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:35 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by 10mm_
If you already have a blower and meth you should be able to make more than 662 rwhp. It would be smarter for you to do some supporting mods to let you run more boost and you could make almost 800 I bet.

If I'm being honest nothing plays well with 93 octane, it can work and it often does but there is always a risk involved with pump 93. The meth helps a lot, but good octane fuel is the best way to go if you want to make big power with FI. I never understood why people will pay 40-70k for a car, 10k+ for blower and engine mods, but they think $8/gal is preposterous for fuel for it. Especially when they drive it a small number of miles.
Thx for the reply. I was more curious than anything. I know the car is capable of more HP with an aggressive tune, a cam, etc.. I'm probably close to my max as far as my states emission laws are concerned. That's the only reason I pondered. Plus, since I'm an A6 owner, I just don't know how long I can beat on it before my tranny takes a dump. Good octane fuel here in Texas is hard to come by (at least where I live). I see a few tuners out there offer their HP Packages and on top of that package, they throw nitrous on it (such as LMR). But, I didn't know if meth was a part of their equation.

Last edited by officermartinez; 04-28-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:19 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by corvette8189
All 3 Blower, Meth, and NX
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:50 PM
johnyg
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
Looks like a nicely done setup. Bet it pulls hard!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:34 PM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette8189
All 3 Blower, Meth, and NX
Nice

Is that with stock internals? What kind of numbers are you running if you don't mind?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:38 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Got my kit in yesterday, the NX kit isn't really as nice as I had hoped. There's really not anything specific to the C7 except the plate, which looks decent. The rest of it is the same exact cheap universal brackets and stuff they sell with every other kit.

Does anybody know a good place to route the nitrous line through the firewall? My car is auto, I am hoping there's a blank clutch pedal hole or something I can use.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:24 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 10mm_
Got my kit in yesterday, the NX kit isn't really as nice as I had hoped. There's really not anything specific to the C7 except the plate, which looks decent. The rest of it is the same exact cheap universal brackets and stuff they sell with every other kit.

Does anybody know a good place to route the nitrous line through the firewall? My car is auto, I am hoping there's a blank clutch pedal hole or something I can use.

It's not too late! Here's a write up on an install of our hard-lined plate system.

http://blog.nitrousoutlet.com/vengea...vette-install/

Last edited by NitrousOutlet; 05-08-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

We have put nitrous on a few C7's, let me know if there are any direct questions you would like answered, feel free to pm, email, or call the shop. We are here to help!
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 05-07-2015, 07:13 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet

It's not too late! Here's a write up on an install of our hard-lined plate system.

http://blog.nitrousoutlet.com/vengea...vette-install/
Good lord those power numbers. What kinda timing and fuel for each jet size?
Old 05-07-2015, 07:14 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
We have put nitrous on a few C7's, let me know if there are any direct questions you would like answered, feel free to pm, email, or call the shop. We are here to help!
Thanks! I'll give you a call
Old 05-07-2015, 10:57 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Id sell your NX kit and go Nitrous outlet, they have a pretty sick hidden fuel cell kit too.

10mm since your wanting to run your car with 100 shot only, I bet you could pull 130mph out of it, maybe more.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:13 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Id sell your NX kit and go Nitrous outlet, they have a pretty sick hidden fuel cell kit too.

10mm since your wanting to run your car with 100 shot only, I bet you could pull 130mph out of it, maybe more.
I saw the plate on the Outlet kit has hard lines and the solenoids mounted to it but I found a nice place to mount my solenoids and I am happy so far. Also the NX plate is thin.

I saw the hidden fuel cell, but since I will top out at a 150 shot I'm not going to need a dedicated cell. I may actually use that cubby to stand my bottle up and strap it into place, it fits down in there pretty far.

I am having a hard time routing the nitrous line, Joe@CPR mentioned going into the wheel well in the back and then through the rocker but I pulled the cover off in the trunk and couldn't see how to get a line into the rocker from there. I read another post about a grommet in the firewall under where the clutch pedal would be, I pulled the inner fender liner off the front but I still can't see the grommet. I don't want to drill any holes but it's starting to look like that's unavoidable to get this feed line run.

T/A KID I will start at 50 then go to 100 for awhile but probably end up at a 150 shot later this summer depending on how useful the 100 shot is on stock tires.

The car posted above had a cam and headers so I doubt I would see the same gains (exhaust flow really helps nitrous) but I still plan to see more than the advertised "shot" value at the wheels.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:02 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Does anyone know which wire on the back of the pedal is the TPS or APP? These instructions are wrong about everything and they say the white wire with red stripe, that wire just has 5.0V it never changes.

Get notified of new replies

To Who Here Has Sprayed Their C7

Quick Reply: Who Here Has Sprayed Their C7