C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service issues with Montgomery, Alabama dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 10:14 AM
The Creeper
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Service issues with Montgomery, Alabama dealer

If feel it is necessary to warn my fellow Vette owners about service at Capital Chevrolet in Montgomery.
The last two times I had my C7 (Z51) in for oil changes they made major mistakes. The first time the tech overfilled my oil and left the oil cap off, which I found setting on the vent grate below the windshield when I got home and checked the oil. I had to pull off 3/4 of a quart to get it in the proper range.
The last time the tech only put in 8 quarts and I had to add 1 1/2 quarts to get it in range.
When I complained everybody in the dealership was very eager to make me happy by giving me stuff, but did not seem very interested in fixing the problems with their techs or service process. The lady they had call me was very apologetic but insisted that my corvette on needed 8 quarts of oil, because that is what the parts department told her.
I will be doing my own oil changes on my Vette and my Traverse until they properly train their staff and recommend anyone who wants proper service on their cars find another dealer.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:17 AM
The Creeper
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Can a mod move this to general discussion please.

Quick Reply: Service issues with Montgomery, Alabama dealer