C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof panel attachment point failure (trunk mount)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 09:02 PM
player0ne
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roof panel attachment point failure (trunk mount)

Hi guys and gals,

I don't usually cross-post between forums, but I'm trying to get this solved in the next couple days.

One of the soft plunge mounts on the rear face of my trunk is loose, and it's allowing the roof panel to rattle slightly under the hatch. I didn't see a screw head on it that I could tighten, and I'd like to snug it back down before my next autocross event. Does anybody know how these are installed, or have an exploded diagram of the area?
Old 05-22-2015, 08:29 AM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by player0ne
Hi guys and gals,

I don't usually cross-post between forums, but I'm trying to get this solved in the next couple days.

One of the soft plunge mounts on the rear face of my trunk is loose, and it's allowing the roof panel to rattle slightly under the hatch. I didn't see a screw head on it that I could tighten, and I'd like to snug it back down before my next autocross event. Does anybody know how these are installed, or have an exploded diagram of the area?
Does your local race club allow you to get past tech inspection with a removable roof stored in trunk? I'm surprised they allow that.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:21 PM
player0ne
Instructor

I didn't ask them, but that isn't the point of this thread either.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:32 AM
player0ne
Instructor

A gentleman on another forum asked for visual aids, so I'll post here as well to clarify what I'm asking for help on.

Get notified of new replies

To Roof panel attachment point failure (trunk mount)

Quick Reply: Roof panel attachment point failure (trunk mount)