C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what UPS delivered: ARH mid-lengths...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 04:22 PM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Location: Detroit area and Nashville area What day is it? Between MI & TN
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Look what UPS delivered: ARH mid-lengths...

So excited.

Thanks Weapon X - best price and got them pretty quick from ARH.

Won't be able to get them on until the first week of June at the earliest. These will be a great addition to the Corsa double helix, Borla Atak and Afe CAI that's already on the car.

I have the Z06 grill waiting and I just finished painting the front splitter as well. So, I have a few things to work on getting installed. MGW shifter might be a July project at this point.

Not sure about getting the headers ceramic coated or not? Might rattle can them with ceramic header paint at a minimum.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:57 PM
kiley2418
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice!!! I wouldn't coat unless you do a lot of road racing....
Old 05-22-2015, 07:05 PM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by kiley2418
Very nice!!! I wouldn't coat unless you do a lot of road racing....

You're good to go.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:35 PM
tyho
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Jack Be Quick Racing
So excited.

Thanks Weapon X - best price and got them pretty quick from ARH.

Won't be able to get them on until the first week of June at the earliest. These will be a great addition to the Corsa double helix, Borla Atak and Afe CAI that's already on the car.

I have the Z06 grill waiting and I just finished painting the front splitter as well. So, I have a few things to work on getting installed. MGW shifter might be a July project at this point.

Not sure about getting the headers ceramic coated or not? Might rattle can them with ceramic header paint at a minimum.
I have a very similar set up on my 2015 z51 m7. ARH mid's, Halltech carbon cai, Magnacor wires, z06 grill and steering wheel, Bullet exhaust, Spiegler s/s lines, Braille light weight battery 21 lbs, Carbotech 1521 pads, deleted/removed NPP actuators and #42 fuse, 3m tint and front of car and door sill, ACS rockers, MGW shifter, RPI carbon plenum and fuel rail covers, Dynatech sound insulation AND enjoying my car.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:30 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,013 Likes on 365 Posts

Get them ceramic coated before you install.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:17 PM
b1adesofcha0s
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would love to see a video of your car with these installed. Hard to find videos of C7 with the mid length headers installed.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:11 AM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s
I would love to see a video of your car with these installed. Hard to find videos of C7 with the mid length headers installed.
i agree! video plz
Old 05-31-2015, 02:10 PM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

I have these mid-lengths. Not sure how much louder the car is with them. I wonder if a x-pipe is available to use with these and the stock exhaust?
Old 05-31-2015, 02:51 PM
Jakeman11
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by motomanvette
I have these mid-lengths. Not sure how much louder the car is with them. I wonder if a x-pipe is available to use with these and the stock exhaust?
Had mine installed at ARH last week. They are louder and deeper as I can tell when I start her up in the garage and when I park in the underground lot at work.

The folks at ARH said the stock X pipe works well with these headers and didn't recommend changing.

I feel more pull, esp. in 3rd and 4th gear. Very happy with the middies.

Still considering a Borla Atak axle back with NPP control or the Corsa Extreme that allows the NPP to function.

Last edited by Jakeman11; 05-31-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:26 PM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanx, they do bark nice at start-up. Did you have to deal with any codes? CEL came on but Nick took care of it at Carlisle.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:15 PM
Jakeman11
Instructor

Thanx, they do bark nice at start-up. Did you have to deal with any codes? CEL came on but Nick took care of it at Carlisle.
Got a CEL the second day. Nick got new cats, replaced them ASAP, took about an hour. So have now gone about 100 miles and 4 days and all seems fine, the ARH team was very responsive and professional. I have no complaints.

The work is top quality and the factory is very interesting.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:18 PM
b1adesofcha0s
Instructor

I believe you can use them with any X Pipe that fits with the stock headers/axle back. I was planning on getting these in combination with the Corsa X pipe. Would have loved the Corsa Extreme axle back as well, but I would like to retain the NPP functionality.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:28 PM
Jakeman11
Instructor

I believe you can use them with any X Pipe that fits with the stock headers/axle back. I was planning on getting these in combination with the Corsa X pipe. Would have loved the Corsa Extreme axle back as well, but I would like to retain the NPP functionality.
Maryland Speed has a line on this in the Vendor forum, advertising that the extreme will go on after the NPP system, allowing it to remain functional.

Corsa C7 Exhaust Systems Now Available @ Marylandspeed!

Last edited by Jakeman11; 05-31-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:58 PM
b1adesofcha0s
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jakeman11
Corsa is advertising that their extreme will go on after the NPP system, allowing it to remain functional.
Could have sworn I read about the Corsa Extreme eliminating the NPP. Must have been a huge misunderstanding/misremembering on my part though. I'll definitely have to look into this again. Thanks for clarifying this for me!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

I ended up with Borla Ataks to keep the NPP and AFM functionality. At the time only Billy Boat Fusion and Borla Atak kept both. Corsa's maintained the AFM but ditched the NPP as did many of the other systems. I am not sure if Corsa has changed design / function recently though.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Jakeman11
Instructor

I ended up with Borla Ataks to keep the NPP and AFM functionality. At the time only Billy Boat Fusion and Borla Atak kept both. Corsa's maintained the AFM but ditched the NPP as did many of the other systems. I am not sure if Corsa has changed design / function recently though.
They have the valve back system. I looked at the Corsa website and it supposedly attaches after the NPP hardware, check the Maryland Speed announcement in the C7 vendor forum and also the Corsa site. I didn't know Billy Boat allowed the NPP to work - which system - that is on the fusion?
Old 06-01-2015, 12:01 PM
b1adesofcha0s
Instructor

They have the valve back system. I looked at the Corsa website and it supposedly attaches after the NPP hardware, check the Maryland Speed announcement in the C7 vendor forum and also the Corsa site. I didn't know Billy Boat allowed the NPP to work - which system - that is on the fusion?
Yes I've checked some other vendor websites as well and they all seem to indicate that the Corsa is now a valve back exhaust design. Not sure if that was always the case or if they changed it, but I'm glad it's like that now.

Get notified of new replies

To Look what UPS delivered: ARH mid-lengths...

Old 06-01-2015, 02:04 PM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

Had mine installed at ARH last week. They are louder and deeper as I can tell when I start her up in the garage and when I park in the underground lot at work.

The folks at ARH said the stock X pipe works well with these headers and didn't recommend changing.

I feel more pull, esp. in 3rd and 4th gear. Very happy with the middies.

Still considering a Borla Atak axle back with NPP control or the Corsa Extreme that allows the NPP to function.
I would think going with these mids that the car would get a fair amount louder. You are replacing the OEM cats with high flow ones. OEM cats have always been the most restrictive part for both sound and power.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Yes I've checked some other vendor websites as well and they all seem to indicate that the Corsa is now a valve back exhaust design. Not sure if that was always the case or if they changed it, but I'm glad it's like that now.
Valve back - AFM valve, not NPP valve. As far as I can tell from the Corsa Performance website, they still do not support NPP valves.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:30 PM
b1adesofcha0s
Instructor

Valve back - AFM valve, not NPP valve. As far as I can tell from the Corsa Performance website, they still do not support NPP valves.
Well now I'm back to being disappointed. I really love the sound of the Corsa. Just worried about it being too loud all the time if I get the Corsa Extreme, X Pipe, and these ARH mid length headers.

Looked at the Corsa installation video and it does mention zip tying off the NPP valve wires.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread with this issue. Still would love to see videos of your set-up once you get the headers installed.

Quick Reply: Look what UPS delivered: ARH mid-lengths...