C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there upgraded torque converters for A8 yet??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 05:10 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Default Are there upgraded torque converters for A8 yet??

I am considering two builds and one being a cam only (while porting stock heads) I also do not want to change the driving manners that much. Not a fan of the surging and bucking that some big cam cars have. Therefore I am not sure if I should just do a stage 1 cam that works with stock converter or wait for new converters and do a stage 2 kit. Any guys do the stage 1 cam in an A8 ?? Are you happy with your results??

If I go supercharger and meth I know It's just a little more maintenence and I will want to change the rims and tires. If I do a cam only It's cheaper/simpler and I know I will want to do some road racing. Curious about the right package though.

My car is a 15 Z51 A8 with afe intake and diablo tune for now. Next week it's getting american racing longtubes with high flow cats and ECS dyno tune.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:52 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

If you don't want to change the manners that much then don't get a different converter.

Do a mild cam and really nice headwork and headers with a good tune and I bet you will really love it.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Dave01GT
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I have an a8 with stock converter a custom BTR cam, A&A T-trim, and meth. There is a slight surge when cold and when barely taking your foot off the brake, but the sound and power makes up for it!
Old 05-25-2015, 03:08 PM
JTMmotorsports
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave01GT
I have an a8 with stock converter a custom BTR cam, A&A T-trim, and meth. There is a slight surge when cold and when barely taking your foot off the brake, but the sound and power makes up for it!
We are working on a converter for our A8 C7 but our Stage 1SC Cam is very well mannered with a stock converter, with no surging or drivability concerns at all!! and we made 800RWHP on our mustang dyno with it!!

Get notified of new replies

To Are there upgraded torque converters for A8 yet??

Quick Reply: Are there upgraded torque converters for A8 yet??