C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tire Repair

Old 05-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Race Tire Repair

Switched my Michelkin Cup 2 tires with Michelin PSSs out as soon as I could. Now I'm ready for VIR in June but today I found a pinhole leak right in the center of one of the rear tires and its leaking down in less than 24 hours. The problem now is will this tire be capable for the track if I repair it? The other problem is finding someone to fix right it if possible meaning I'll have to take it to my tire guy who might be the only one around here able to dismount and mount the thing. Any thoughts?
Old 05-24-2015, 08:37 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

I just had a screw removed from my brand new Michelin PSS ZPs. They did the proper accepted repair which is to patch it from the inside. They pull the patch plug from the inside toward outside. I asked is the tire OK for speed? He said " any tire that has been compromised is no longer speed rated". He also said that is the party line but he has never seen a problem. So if compromised we have to buy a new tire?? The PSS ZPs are my street tires so I am kinda OK with it. But it would be on my mind at 155 down the back straight.

Are you going with Chin on the 1st and 2nd? I'm going also, just put on CCWs w/ R888s.
If so come over and say hey, we will be the 2 Black C6Z Zo7's.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by seamus2154
I just had a screw removed from my brand new Michelin PSS ZPs. They did the proper accepted repair which is to patch it from the inside. They pull the patch plug from the inside toward outside. I asked is the tire OK for speed? He said " any tire that has been compromised is no longer speed rated". He also said that is the party line but he has never seen a problem. So if compromised we have to buy a new tire?? The PSS ZPs are my street tires so I am kinda OK with it. But it would be on my mind at 155 down the back straight.

Are you going with Chin on the 1st and 2nd? I'm going also, just put on CCWs w/ R888s.
If so come over and say hey, we will be the 2 Black C6Z Zo7's.
Thanks. No, I'll be there with NCM 28-30 June.

Get notified of new replies

To Race Tire Repair

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Race Tire Repair