C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Tender Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:33 AM
460HP-YLO-JAKT
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Battery Tender Question

No response in General forum!?!?!?!?
I did a search but did not find my answer. My 2015 has the "BATTERY PROTECTION OPTION" and my questions is; Does the charger that comes with this option get warm when in use? The regular Battery Tender Pluses I use on my other vehicles do not……this one does. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:52 AM
bowtie123
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdhotc5
I did a search but did not find my answer. My 2015 has the "BATTERY PROTECTION OPTION" and my questions is; Does the charger that comes with this option get warm when in use? The regular Battery Tender Pluses I use on my other vehicles do not……this one does. Thanks.
My gets very warm.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:17 PM
dironvictorious
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie123
My gets very warm.
I have an aftermarket c-tek and plug it in to the port in back of my trunk. I have a convertible, specifically a Lime Rock limited edition. For whatever reason they don't sell the factory tender with that model, that may be due to the small trunk being stuffed full of Corvette logoed luggage

Anyways, it does it a get little warm to touch when charging, not so much when switches to maintenance.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:24 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,013 Likes on 365 Posts

They cord is long enough to put the charger on the garage floor if it gets hot.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:08 PM
Oskee
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by rdhotc5
I too got the Battery Protection Option( US 3300 Corvette Model 1051)on my 2015 Z06 and I use it all the time. The longest I had it connected was for 2 weeks when I was gone and keep it plugged in when I don't drive it for a couple of days. Mine barley gets warm . Just remember to use it in the rear passenger side plug-in recepitical after the trunk lights go out. (The plug-in will stay hot) .Also remember that the US 3300 Corvette Charger Model 1051 is equipped with overheating protection. In high ambient temperatures the output power is reduced. and Do not cover the charger. To better understand the operation you can always read the User's Manual and Guide that came with your charger. Hope this helps !
Old 05-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Newdriver
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Tender

Does the coupe trunk close fully with the battery tender plugged in and the tender on the garage floor? I am concerned with cutting the cord.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Oskee
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Newdriver
Does the coupe trunk close fully with the battery tender plugged in and the tender on the garage floor? I am concerned with cutting the cord.
The wires to the plug are thin enough that it will not hurt the cord so you can close the hatch completely.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Tender Question

Quick Reply: Battery Tender Question