C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally a positive track experience post

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:12 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 272 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Finally a positive track experience post

Hello forum fans, I wanted to share my AMAZING track experiences this weekend at the NCM Motorsports park at the home of the corvette, in Bowling Green KY. It was sunny and beautiful both days. Saturday got to about 87 deg and sunny (fairly hot) and Sunday was around 80 deg. I was there with Chin Motorsports for LOTS of track time both days on the "grand full" configuration 3.2 miles with 23 turns, lots of elevation changes, blind turns, etc. THIS TRACK is awesome and has a nice back straight. The second day the configuration was changed to grand max with eliminates the "sinkhole" section and extends the back straight, I was at almost 145 on the back straight in this configuration.

Now about my car, 2014 stingray Z51 manual, 3lt, Vengeance Racing VR 590 package, essentially a cam, tune, halltech cold air intake, ARH long tube headers, ceramic coated inside and out to help with cooling, aftermarket morr ultra light weight rims, very open design perfect to help heat dissipate near the rotors. Stock suspension except for track alignment and lowered on stock bolts. Stock radiator and fluid.

I was VERY fortunate to have hired IMSA pro driver Rudy Buford as my coach for both days. He drove my car during a 40 minute session at my request hard and we experienced zero overheating, zero problems with brakes, temps were up there of course, but very few people have had more laps on this track then Rudy (he lives in Nashville) if anyone would make it overheat on this track, it would be him. I know some people have had problems, I just wanted to share my positive experience. I haven't wrapped exhaust or gotten the Dewitts, but I may just in case I have a high mid ninety deg day, things could be different.

I LOVE this car and I can't say enough about the build that Vengeance did for me. I didn't want turbos or superchargers due to heat issues, same reason I didn't want an auto, and I am so glad I went the route I did. Hope you all enjoyed this positive post :-)) It was my birthday weekend and it couldn't have been more amazing. I had over 3 hours of track time on both days, what a blast!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday - glad to hear you had no issues!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:03 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by Theta
Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday - glad to hear you had no issues!
Thanks
Old 06-03-2015, 08:03 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

That is great to hear that the car is still performing so well Anthony! Looking forward to seeing lower and lower track times for you as you get more track time
Old 06-03-2015, 08:59 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Theta
Old 06-06-2015, 06:53 AM
ParisTNDude
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Where's the Video?

I couldn't find a video of the event. Surely you taped it! Sounds like great fun...enjoy your Vette in the way it was intended.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:10 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default i did get my first go pro....

My wife was kind enough to get me a go pro hero 3 silver which I mounted to the car, I have never uploaded a video to this site but I do have 12 minutes of Jade Buford IMSA race car driver, driving my car as it should be driven on that track, If anyone can advise me on how to upload it, I will post it it is in the m4v format I think, whatever default format go pro uses, it was recorded in 1080p I believe
Old 06-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by AVETTE
My wife was kind enough to get me a go pro hero 3 silver which I mounted to the car, I have never uploaded a video to this site but I do have 12 minutes of Jade Buford IMSA race car driver, driving my car as it should be driven on that track, If anyone can advise me on how to upload it, I will post it it is in the m4v format I think, whatever default format go pro uses, it was recorded in 1080p I believe
If you're new to video editing, your best bet is to use the GoPro software to edit as you'd like, and then upload to YouTube. After that's done (and it will take a good while to upload depending on your connection), you can post the link here.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally a positive track experience post

Quick Reply: Finally a positive track experience post