C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z51 w/Mag or non-Z51 w/coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 11:22 AM
djseto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z51 w/Mag or non-Z51 w/coilovers?

I've got a non z51 coupe that I put z51 sway bars on. They made a difference but I still feel like it's not quite as good as I'd like. My options are to add coil overs (LG non adjustable or AFE Adjustable) or i could trade my car in for a z51 convertible with Mag ride (my local dealer has a new 2014 they want to get rid of bad)

Ignoring all the other stuff that comes with the z51 package, I'm trying to figure out which option is a better overall difference in terms of performance and comfort. Would a non z51 with z51 sways and coil overs perform as good or better than a z51 with Mag ride?

My 2LT is great, but I do like the convenience of a convertible top vs the hard top. I know most places I won't let you track a convertible so I wonder if it's even worth it to have the z51 on that body style. The flip side is to track a non z51 but my car hits preservation mode just on some occasionally high G exit ramps that I think a track day would really make me wonder if a non z51 would even be worth taking to the track.

I don't do track days now but I'm thinking about it. This is what I get for not being patient and waiting for z51 when the c7 first came out.

Quick Reply: Z51 w/Mag or non-Z51 w/coilovers?