C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Blown by ECS yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:07 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
Car sounds insane!

Where did they put the meth tank?

What was the turn around time to get that done?
The washer fluid tank is used for the Meth tank.

Turn around time was exactly when I expected it. I had to leave town for a few weeks so I asked ECS if I could leave my car there. Chris told me they were booked solid and they targeted the second week in June and I picked it up that week. Communication was outstanding.

I just picked up 6 gallons of Meth yesterday and it was only 4 bucks a gallon. If you buy from Amazon, expect to pay a lot more. Most areas around a large city you should be able to find it locally and save a lot of money. I use a 1 gallon tank to fill the reservoir and refill the 1 gallon with the 5 gallon. I have not yet had to fill the tank and ECS says it should last 2-3 tanks of gas depending on how much time you spend spraying Meth.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:22 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Sounds about right.. I got the big 3 upgrade and I'm in a 2014 A6.. 662rwhp (work done at LG Motorsports in Plano, Texas). I'm speaking with another tuner in my area (Baily's Hyperformance). In order to get past the 700 number to the ground, I am going to have to get a mild cam. I was quoted roughly $6K for a set of Texas Speed & Performance heads and their VVT1 cam. After a lengthy phone conversation with TS&P, I was assured that I would be somewhere in the ballpark of 100 extra ponies on top of the rwhp levels that I am currently at.

$14K - Headers, meth, ECS 1500, tune, minor fab work / installation.
$ 6K - TS&P heads, VVT1 cam, cam phaser, DOD delete, gaskets, head bolts, lifter tray, dual valve springs, titanium retainers, hardened springs, retune and installation.

If I get the cam / heads option installed, that would put me squarely at $20K on the engine.. Yikes, it adds up fast! ...haha! Just throwing that out there in case someone gets the itch to have a 750+ rwhp AUTO C7.
Or you could just pulley down and get to 12-13 PSI and reach your 700 goal. Pulley cost $150 (maybe) and a minor tune change at LG. $500 total max
Old 07-01-2015, 06:24 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C7&7
Or you could just pulley down and get to 12-13 PSI and reach your 700 goal. Pulley cost $150 (maybe) and a minor tune change at LG. $500 total max
with the right tune and Methanol he should make 700 easily if he goes with a smaller pulley and 12-13 lbs of boost.

I'm not sure if he will have longevity issues running that much boost with the stock rods and pistons. Guess we'll see.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:15 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

So did you record any 0-60 times in that lot?
Old 07-02-2015, 09:29 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
So did you record any 0-60 times in that lot?

Yes. Unfortunatly my best time was only 3.6 so far. I think once I can wrap my brain around "No Lift Shift" I can do better. I have a really hard time not lifting when I shift. I also think I need DR's to get the best 0-60 times as no matter whether I use, launch control or feather the clutch, I'm still getting a lot of wheel spin off the line. It also chirps second pretty hard.

I keep practicing in a local empty parking lot. After I get good, I will take it to the drag track but don't want to look foolish so I want to get better first.

Quick Reply: Got Blown by ECS yesterday