C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noobie question on wideband

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 07:30 AM
lsp408
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Noobie question on wideband

I am looking to buy wideband for my car. The car will only have procharger d1sc with 7 psi in the near future. maybe in a year or two add on heads cam and headers.

I want to buy dual wide band but not sure if I need to get something permanently installed in the car or just portable unit like AFX or LM2 dual

I like LM2 dual so far because of portability and it can be use as scanner and can plug into cigarette lighter for power source.

AFX is slightly cheaper when buy 2 but it require hardwire to power source and it only does AFR.

I have look into aeroforce interceptor gauge but since haven't find anyone make a pillar pot for gauge that isn't crazy $$$ and not sure about how the aeroforce wideband kit can hook to hp tuner. That kinda been a dead end for me.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:53 PM
The Rock1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by lsp408
I am looking to buy wideband for my car. The car will only have procharger d1sc with 7 psi in the near future. maybe in a year or two add on heads cam and headers.

I want to buy dual wide band but not sure if I need to get something permanently installed in the car or just portable unit like AFX or LM2 dual

I like LM2 dual so far because of portability and it can be use as scanner and can plug into cigarette lighter for power source.

AFX is slightly cheaper when buy 2 but it require hardwire to power source and it only does AFR.

I have look into aeroforce interceptor gauge but since haven't find anyone make a pillar pot for gauge that isn't crazy $$$ and not sure about how the aeroforce wideband kit can hook to hp tuner. That kinda been a dead end for me.

Any input is appreciated.
I personally had a PLX wideband hardwired in my GTO and will more then likely install one into the vette on the drivers side o2 bung. Hooking it up to HPT for logging is pretty straight forward too as I can datalog all my wideband.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:51 PM
lsp408
Racer

For those of you who run one wideband, driver side is the good side to log afr from?
Old 06-29-2015, 08:01 PM
lsp408
Racer

anyone have side preference on wideband when only one sensor is used?
Old 07-06-2015, 03:48 AM
The Rock1
Racer

anyone have side preference on wideband when only one sensor is used?
old rule of thumb is the drivers side, but with these new motors with the DOD when the engine drops 4 cyl Im not sure which ones it is dropping.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:40 AM
lsp408
Racer

Originally Posted by The Rock1
old rule of thumb is the drivers side, but with these new motors with the DOD when the engine drops 4 cyl Im not sure which ones it is dropping.
My car is manual, I believe the 4 cyl mode only come in when I put in Eco mode which is never.

I have looked at some headers, ARH has bung at the x pipe, pfade got their bung right after passenger upstream O2. So I guess it really can go either way.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:46 PM
The Rock1
Racer

My car is manual, I believe the 4 cyl mode only come in when I put in Eco mode which is never.

I have looked at some headers, ARH has bung at the x pipe, pfade got their bung right after passenger upstream O2. So I guess it really can go either way.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Go with the AFX, the old one. That is made by ECM and you can't beat their product. You don't really need to run it permanently mounted, it is good for tuning and then when your done you put the regular o2 sensor back in a put your WBO2 in a box. Don't get over complicated with it either, all the add on's are for the kids with Honda's so they have gauges going back and forth and different colors in their cars. Once you are driving it is very difficult to notice the gauge anyways and if it said it was lean by the time you realized it, the damage would be done.

Get notified of new replies

To Noobie question on wideband

Quick Reply: Noobie question on wideband