C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I thought Hawk pads (counterweights) might be trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by 15C7Z51
I don't know the part #. I got from KNS Brake and their site just says "C7 Z51" application. They do not carry the "roller skate" pads at all just the version w/o tabs. I've been emailing w/ Nick I will ask Cat # for matching rear pads- I expect my rears to ship next week.
At this point I will take tabs or no tabs, just want matching compounds for events, when your pads show up post box and I will do the same thanks, F.Y.I these pads are a beast, I bedded them in lightly( used rotors) and I see the bite on front rotors already, rear rotors with stock pads look showroom new even with 3,000 miles on them and 10 autocross's
Old 07-02-2015, 01:08 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Talked with vender- the backing plate identical- 453's have been used on Z51 just fine. Do not have the "roller skates" but does not affect stopping performance.
talked to karla Romano just now, i told her to call you asap, she got your VM , first she said if i dont like/want the weights to remove them as long as i dont mind noise, 2nd the delay for the rears is the backorder of the backing plate they need to made the rear pads, i will receive a email today from her (im told) when they will have the rears i need( you also) or what my options are. i will deal with it this weekend but by the 26th i want matching compounds. it would have been nice if at the time of getting the part #'s i need for z51 that i was told the rears are backorder. again if you get anything for your rears in the streetrace compound that fit please let me know. thank you
Old 07-02-2015, 01:38 PM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

DAVID -

In the end, is Hawk going to offer 'Street Race' pads for both the front and back of our C7 Z51 brakes that WILL include the roller skate things, or not ??

If they are as good as you say, I would definitely need the noise suppressors to use them on the street all the time.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:31 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CrystalRacer
DAVID -

In the end, is Hawk going to offer 'Street Race' pads for both the front and back of our C7 Z51 brakes that WILL include the roller skate things, or not ??

If they are as good as you say, I would definitely need the noise suppressors to use them on the street all the time.
they already do, the ones I need that match my fronts are back order, the backs that match loud fronts also back order, I'm waiting to hear how long to both build dates and part # that I don't have for loud one just in case they are built first and ready weeks before rollar skate one
Old 07-02-2015, 03:25 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

DAVID -

Karla just emailed me, long story short she said to pick up HP Plus rear pads, these are the ones I wanted and she steered me away from them! Here is the part# for HP+ -- HP727N.592 (rears I hope)
Old 07-02-2015, 04:01 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

It's like a fell in a black hole! My parts man said this number not in his system, if it was I would have them on for this weekend event.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:40 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

If I did not know me and I read my posts I would think this guy is crazy! Here we go again, my parts man said HB727N. 952 is not in his system so I called hawk to get them. I called and gave part# and was asked what fronts I have? HB726R.582 I said, don't you want HB727R.592 rears? Yes I do, well we have them here on hold but I think they were released early in the week. Please call back Monday everyone is gone on holiday already. WoW, I need a few days off from hawk! Lol I will post next week when I know more, yes it's worth all this trouble to get these pads, and I only have them on the front, can't wait to get rears.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:54 PM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Hawk really needs to get their act together - I've run across this spastic marketing & production issues with them before, and it caused me to abandon purchase all together and look elsewhere (Carbotech, Ferodo).

So what's their explanation about differences between ''Street Race'' and "HP+" compounds, if they're now trying to re-direct your purchase of rears to the HP+ ???
Old 07-02-2015, 08:56 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Hawk really needs to get their act together - I've run across this spastic marketing & production issues with them before, and it caused me to abandon purchase all together and look elsewhere (Carbotech, Ferodo).

So what's their explanation about differences between ''Street Race'' and "HP+" compounds, if they're now trying to re-direct your purchase of rears to the HP+ ???
The last person I talked to was jack Mccornick, he told me the wait for the rear street race pads might be over and those are the ones that would be best for what I do, only if I can't wait and need/ want rears asap then go with the N's . He went on the say that is the setup Ron fellows driving school uses and they like it. street race up front , HP+ rear. I well post what I end up doing Monday. Enough of this for now, I have a event Sunday and it's time to test the zo7 bushing front and back on my sway bars and the Mag ride rear sway bar I put on my non mag ride z51.its much thicker than the one that came on my car.

Last edited by savage; 07-02-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:13 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

received a call from hawk, HP plus pads are on the way to me for FREE!! (rears) HB727N.592, they are sorry for the delay in re releasing the rear STREETRACE HB727R.592( should be a week?) the STREETRACE HB726R.582 i have up front now have the stopping power i was looking for. THEY ARE NOT ROTOR FRIENDLY! , but just being on the front i still have the best stopping power of any car i owned.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:13 PM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

O. M. G...

Those pics, Mr. Savage, have convinced me that I really don't need Hawk pads !!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:34 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

O. M. G...

This is what makes this forum so helpful (pictures), Also I don't want to give hawk a bad rap( these are race pads) this what I wanted! I'm sure they have rotor friendly pads( they just won't stop as well) a little more asking around since I posted pics. I was told by the bmw m1 I'm chasing that he has his 2nd set of street race pads on his factory rotors! Also that the pads shape the rotors to work better( in time I will see and post what happens) have a great day , dave bmw rotors

Last edited by savage; 07-06-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:03 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

O. M. G...

The Caarbotech's are way more rotor friendly and stop just as well.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 07-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by savage

received a call from hawk, HP plus pads are on the way to me for FREE!! (rears) HB727N.592, they are sorry for the delay in re releasing the rear STREETRACE HB727R.592( should be a week?) the STREETRACE HB726R.582 i have up front now have the stopping power i was looking for. THEY ARE NOT ROTOR FRIENDLY! , but just being on the front i still have the best stopping power of any car i owned.

On your next set of rotors you should try a set of Carbotech pads, a lot more rotor friendly and stop just as well if not better. Plus the dust is 100% non-corrosive will not harm your wheels or paint.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:14 AM
15C7Z51
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

From Hawk
Key Features

While the High Performance Street/Race pad is ideal for many aggressive drivers that own high performance street cars, it does produce a bit of noise and dust.
Aggressive Torque
Great Rotor and Pad Wear Life

I guess depends on your interpretation of "Great Rotor Life" ...
Old 07-07-2015, 12:58 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

From Hawk
Key Features

While the High Performance Street/Race pad is ideal for many aggressive drivers that own high performance street cars, it does produce a bit of noise and dust.
Aggressive Torque
Great Rotor and Pad Wear Life

I guess depends on your interpretation of "Great Rotor Life" ...
pictures were taken right after autocross, they work great! now the next test, rotor life, noise. i will post when i know, i can say for sure that they do make less noise on street and track than the HP+'s. i hope i have the street race rears for the 26th( next event) i really dont want to put the free HP+'s on, im not testing those. thanks for reading
Old 07-12-2015, 10:28 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Wow- I can see why you had concerns- that is a lot hanging out. Might act as a heat sink and get rid of some pad heat too.

Good to here they stopping better- I just ordered a set from site vender but rear on backorder- hope to ship next week.
These were in my mailbox Friday, free rear pads from hawk for all my inconvenience waiting for the rear street race pads, im guessing the ones that match my fronts are not ready for release, I wanted this compound from the start, hawk talked me into street race, anyway please post what you get for your rears when you get them, thanks

Get notified of new replies

To I thought Hawk pads (counterweights) might be trouble

Old 07-13-2015, 08:29 AM
15C7Z51
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I checked with vender/Hawk last week. My rears were to ship Thursday but still have not received any shipping notification yet.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:57 AM
savage
Burning Brakes

Hawk is crazy but so am I, my local parts man just sent me this picture, it's the pads I have been waiting for! They were built Thursday night , I was going to put the free ones on this weekend, now I'm not! I will go with the street race that match my fronts) no Wheels on these
Old 07-26-2015, 08:43 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Anyone want to guess what is missing of my z51 rotors? Brakes work great! Now to do some research how thin is safe.

Quick Reply: I thought Hawk pads (counterweights) might be trouble