C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launch Control???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 04:15 PM
bkt-lst
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Launch Control???

I have a 15, Z51, automatic, no magnetic ride, LT3, can I get Launch Control to work? Tried - Track, twice push on traction, not manual shifting, brake held like panic stop, gas to floor, got tire hop. Engine appeared to fight brakes, which slipped to cause tire hop. What did I do wrong, or is it possible? I had a 12 GS and traded it. Have a 69 Coupe, base engine, 4SP, PS, PB, A/C. with 74,000 since 1 yr old, stays in garage. Any ideas?? Don't really need it, just would like to demo. TIA
Old 06-30-2015, 04:54 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

You may have to read the manual for the Launch control Z51 Automatic, I have a none Z51 A8 and it functioned just as it should but you well not get your best time's with it. It was very easy to use from the first time.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:12 PM
bkt-lst
5th Gear

Default Launch Control - getting used to it.

Originally Posted by C2367
You may have to read the manual for the Launch control Z51 Automatic, I have a none Z51 A8 and it functioned just as it should but you well not get your best time's with it. It was very easy to use from the first time.
Thanks, I had read page 9-44. I don't remember seeing STABILITRAK COMPETITIVE MODE on the DIC. It might also have been that I slightly released the brake during the rapid gas application, since I was new and slightly nervous. I don't remember a slight release on brake, but .... I will try it again in near future. TIA
Old 06-30-2015, 05:41 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by bkt-lst
Thanks, I had read page 9-44. I don't remember seeing STABILITRAK COMPETITIVE MODE on the DIC. It might also have been that I slightly released the brake during the rapid gas application, since I was new and slightly nervous. I don't remember a slight release on brake, but .... I will try it again in near future. TIA
I tried it at the drag strip to see how it functioned, I just had it in track, pushed the center button twice, moved up to the staging, put my foot down on the break hard then floored it. You should get low 12's using it, maybe someone has done better. When are you going to the drags?
Old 07-15-2015, 11:51 AM
bkt-lst
5th Gear

Default Launch Control - Brakes fighting Engine Torque

Originally Posted by C2367
I tried it at the drag strip to see how it functioned, I just had it in track, pushed the center button twice, moved up to the staging, put my foot down on the break hard then floored it. You should get low 12's using it, maybe someone has done better. When are you going to the drags?
The dealer who sold me the car tried it (experienced younger guy). We got the dash indications and it sort of worked, but it seemed the brakes were fighting the torque from the engine. I am not comfortable with the stress on the drive train. I am NOT going to the strip, just wanted to be able to demo for fun. I guess I will drop it. Thanks
Old 07-15-2015, 05:30 PM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Location: Detroit area and Nashville area What day is it? Between MI & TN
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 07-15-2015, 11:53 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

It's all rather confusing and the owner's manual is no help---
Launch control is a separate program from "performance traction management"
And the functionality between a base model and a Z51 is not clearly defined in my opinion
To me launch control means you can floor the throttle with the brake depressed-- T (the engine should rev to approx. 2000 RPM) THEN release the brake and the car will leave without any wheel spin/ hop/ etc-----The only way I can get my car to do this is by leaving the Traction Control ON and the Stabilitrac ON--- My car is the base model so it does not have the PTM as does a Z51- which is an entirely different system

Get notified of new replies

To Launch Control???

Quick Reply: Launch Control???